Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Isn't Parsec ultimately a different situation? They're still using real rear end MvC3, the problem with the nintendo smash situation is that it was only possible via emulation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I remember Max hinting about this tourney several months ago on his stream too. Guess a lot of negotiations happened over a long rear end time.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Tae posted:

The Sonic Fox is weird because MK has actual good rollback

it's serviceable but it defaults to 2 frames of additional delay no matter what and breaks down in lower pings than you'd expect.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

teagone posted:

I remember Max hinting about this tourney several months ago on his stream too. Guess a lot of negotiations happened over a long rear end time.

max gets a lot of poo poo and rightfully so imo but I have been watching a lot of his stuff during lockdown. He's come a long way in his presentation, especially when compared to the billion other youtubers

i really hope this tournament goes off well, especially with capcom showing some good faith with how they're changing their sfv outreach. The character reveal presentation was really.a good first step to them getting better.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

FanaticalMilk posted:

He has consistently said he has no desire to play in online tournaments of any kind, irregardless of game. He hasn't participated in Capcom Pro Tour at all.

:eng101:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

max gets a lot of poo poo and rightfully so imo

why

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I think he used to be insanely clickbait-y "what the heck is this snk boss" with a picture of him doing a brain explosion pose kinda thing?

I don't really watch his stuff too much, but I've noticed he's stopped relying on that when it shows up on my recommendations. Justin's videos, however, have gotten increasingly like that weirdly enough.

And the one or two I've clicked have been either weirdly rambly or him not really talking about things. I guess they are stream recordings though

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I think he used to be insanely clickbait-y "what the heck is this snk boss" with a picture of him doing a brain explosion pose kinda thing?

I don't really watch his stuff too much, but I've noticed he's stopped relying on that when it shows up on my recommendations. Justin's videos, however, have gotten increasingly like that weirdly enough.

And the one or two I've clicked have been either weirdly rambly or him not really talking about things. I guess they are stream recordings though

basically this, he was the epitome of youtube bs to me for a long while. the stupid zoomed in face thumbnail, catch phrases, etc. A lot of it is just the nature of youtube, but he really got on my nerves for it for a long while. The one time I did happen to enjoy him in the past was his appearance on excellent adventures, weirdly enough.

He's certainly seemed to calm down a bunch though and work on his stuff. It feels a lot more professional now for a streamer/content creator, and being able to organize this tournament with capcom and getting them cool with letting them use Parsec says a lot about the connections he made.

I really do hope it goes well. There's a huge amount of good things that can happen in the future if capcom sees that its successful, especially with their change in approaching mainly sfv in the past couple months.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

He's a dork who is bad at games.

He's probably done more than any pro at getting new blood into the fgc so I try not to complain too much.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Elvis_Maximus posted:

oh so literally nothing then, good to know max still rules

anyone still hung up on dumb youtube thumbnails needs to go back to rocking back and forth in their old person chair out on the veranda

mango sentinel posted:

He's a dork who is bad at games.

He's probably done more than any pro at getting new blood into the fgc so I try not to complain too much.
my dude I follow giant bomb and the remnants of super best friends, "bad at games" has depths you've not dared witness

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Dude was an annoying youtuber type and then slowly won me back over. He did teach me some dope rear end dr doom bnbs back in the day though so that was cool. No doubt in my mind he and like Aris are the biggest fgc streamers and they might not even count as “fgc” or whatever

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

As far as fighting game streamers I still really like sajam. But I only ever watch the YouTube videos after the fact so I have no idea if his stream itself is any good tbh

I really appreciate that he keeps things concise, and I agree with most of the points he makes generally which helps. Also afaik he hasn't done anything problematic yet which is a plus!

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Max has been a huge proponent in using his following to get rollback netcode into fighting games for a long while. His streams where he goes through a game using only one character learning the ins and outs is pretty interesting. Same when a new character pops up for a fighting game.

He did a whole run through of SF, all of them and the VS, that had Dan in it. So that was cool. It also took him a while but he's actually come to really appreciate SNK fighters as well.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Quite a stark contrast with Nintendo and Melee.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

http://www.twitch.tv/d44bas

Japanese Capcom vs SNK2 tourney happening right now. It's pretty loving lit.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Jiro posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/d44bas

Japanese Capcom vs SNK2 tourney happening right now. It's pretty loving lit.

This happens at least every Friday and it rules. I discovered this stream a few weeks ago and saw a good Nako player!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Let us not forget, FluxSux. Although it has been many years, I will still take pleasure in watching him lose.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Prowler posted:

This happens at least every Friday and it rules. I discovered this stream a few weeks ago and saw a good Nako player!

This is the first time it hasn't been just him playing in his own place practicing. Was surprised to see that many people show up in that small of an arcade during Covid.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Gologle posted:

Let us not forget, FluxSux. Although it has been many years, I will still take pleasure in watching him lose.

Classic throwback https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L5khgr8-vM

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Really wish there was a good way to play cvs2 online. It seems like a game I'd really like but by the time I'd gotten into fighting games with SF4 it was already gone

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Flux plays Zero May Cry and he still gets salty, it's amazing.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Really wish there was a good way to play cvs2 online. It seems like a game I'd really like but by the time I'd gotten into fighting games with SF4 it was already gone

Can't you play it on Fightcade nowadays?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Dias posted:

Flux plays Zero May Cry and he still gets salty, it's amazing.

Can't you play it on Fightcade nowadays?

Oh yeah? Last I checked it was naomi and I thought fightcade didn't support that

I haven't been on fightcade in quite awhile though

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Oh yeah? Last I checked it was naomi and I thought fightcade didn't support that

I haven't been on fightcade in quite awhile though

Fightcade 2 has Naomi games now. It's a bit more of a pain to set up and people have had varying degrees of success with it, but it works!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Hobojim posted:

Fightcade 2 has Naomi games now. It's a bit more of a pain to set up and people have had varying degrees of success with it, but it works!

Oh nice, I'll have to give it a try then.

I heard there was another way people were using, something called Bear? I downloaded it but haven't set it up yet cause apparently it requires some sort of hamachi/parsec sorta thing?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I've been watching the DBFZ National Championship over the past few weeks, and all I can say is to reaffirm I love Yipes.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Just a reminder, the UMVC3 tourney is going down right now. Almost guaranteed to be some hype matches

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/TwitchEsports/status/1331024729340252160

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

hows it going so far? cant watch atm

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The games so far went by so fast that I legit just straight up missed some I think, but the Angelic vs Clockwork set was good. Wolverine/Dormammu/Shuma-Gorath vs Strider/Doom/Vergil (cancer).

EDIT: They just said IHeartJustice vs. Milky is coming up, that should be a very good match.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

aww gently caress almost full team killed with just phoenix wright, so sad how that ended

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hahaha get em Strange!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This is some awesome production for this stream. Props to max

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Yoooo FullSchedule vs RayRay was lit from the one match we got to watch.

EDIT: drat that MODOK

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
steve + yipes commentary is awesome.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The REAL Goobusters posted:

This is some awesome production for this stream. Props to max

Yeah, it's really drat good.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I miss marvel 3

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I'm glad we can always tell who owns the copyrights to all these properties on screen

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Don't be fooled by this set, last time I saw him Dual_Kevin has one of the best Deadpool's I've ever seen. Unfortunately Mundank is handing him his rear end.

EDIT: ahahaha, and they switched away just in time for us to witness another Zero team bite the dust, I love it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
YO THAT AMATERASU KILLED THAT ENTIRE TEAM IN SECONDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Did yipes get dental work that gave him a lateral lisp?