Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Roguelike posted:

A tale of bears and breasts, eternally retold...

I'm sad sc5 didn't get a mention. It's kinda fun to play and watch and it feels more beginner friendly to me than tekken (or vf, like anyone plays that game) for getting into 3d fighters.

It's definitely easier to pick up than Tekken, I agree. But the big problem is, a lot of the Soul Calibur fanbase overlaps with the Tekken fanbase... and they generally prefer Tekken as a competitive game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Don't a lot of the SC dudes play DOA too?

Does anyone play DOA?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Double Bill posted:

Distributing anything on XBL/PSN is a pain in the rear end, so PC was the easy choice.

It's a free, fan-made game. It's not gonna be on anything but PC ever.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Wow my bracket just got bopped but I don't care! Let's go Dieminion!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lazarenth posted:

Ah I stepped away for a minute so I missed it.

50 seconds went by in that match with only 1 character going under 75% health. This game needs to do more damage and regenerate more slowly :psyduck:

Characters need to move faster, more like.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Heh, SHEEPLE who just hate on SFxT cuz it's the popular thing to do. The game is good if you give it a cha-hahahahah!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

Jesus, I'd hate to see what it was like before.

Basically the exact same as every match tonight that doesn't involve Tatsu or Sethlolol.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone else tired of James Chen saying "[the player who is winning] IS PLAYING STREET FIGHTER CROSS TEKKEN. EVERYONE ELSE IS PLAYING STREET FIGHTER 4" in every single tournament?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Woozy posted:

Oh my god this game is loving hideous.

Does anyone know if they will be streaming anything else tonight or is it safe to leave the house? I am going to vomit if I have to watch another second of SFxT.

The top 3 of every game is being saved for last, so come back in a bit if you wanna see the other games.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
THE BEST STREAMER IN THE BUSINESS....

HAUNTS....?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Woozy posted:

Do people not like HD Remix or does it just not fit well in tournaments where ST is basically a given? I would seriously rather watch back to back HD Remix and ST matches if it meant there was no time left for SFxT.

No one likes HDR better than regular ST. Except maybe David Sirlin.

Usually a tournament like this would be played on arcade ST hardware, but Capcom's doing classic mode in HDR presumably to promote the game.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
To clear this up:

HDR is a whole new game.

You can choose to play Classic/ST mode in the game, which is meant to just be ST, but it is based on the Dreamcast port of ST which has some minute differences from the arcade version. People generally prefer the real arcade version, but you take what you can get.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I can't read Damdai's mind, but I think the reason he picked O Ryu is because O Hawk has a really hard time getting in vs Dee Jay. O Ryu has one of (or is it the?) fastest fireballs in the game so he's pretty good at dealing with Dee Jay keepaway. He also has an air tatsu that becomes unblockable sometimes for some reason people don't really understand.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Viewership dropped by over 6,000 once SFxT came on. Best game.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I never thought I'd be getting hype over PS All Stars.... but this is a pretty good match!

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Champ doing repulsion over and over vs Haggar is the best thing I've seen in a long time.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Nodoze posted:

Money matching is actually illegal in Japan? That's pretty dumb

It's of dubious legality in the states too, but like betting on home poker games no one gives a gently caress here.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
If you hate the way smash players operate maybe you should become active in the community and try to get it changed. Otherwise who gives a gently caress how they want to run their tournaments, let them do what they want.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cuchulain posted:

Pretty much I think Smash could have a scene if they did tournaments as 2v2's with items. The game isn't built for 1v1 and having extra bodies lets the "random factor" swing a lot more dramatically. Trapped my ally in an infite? Cool I'll just bomb-omb all three of you.

Smash does have a scene Jesus Christ. I don't play smash but they seriously don't need or want any of you guys' suggestions and I still don't get why you give a gently caress.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Just interview Champ every time, no other players.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I hope Clock pops off when he wins.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
You leave the Mad Cat out of this, he's done you no wrong.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
God drat this game is still boring

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This poo poo with gootecks is awful. Just play the matches pls.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chin posted:

It's annoying having to see a mentally ill dude in his yiff suit in between every match. I get that you can pass it off as "oh he's a mascot" but he's not an official mascot. He's a dude with a fetish getting his rocks off in public who gets away with it because people who are blissfully ignorant of furries just think, "Oh it's a mascot."

I don't think anyone really cares but you...

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chin posted:

I guess this answers my question. Infiltration should finish the job with Hakan.

Latif would have to win a game first.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
UMvC3 is the American favorite, but more international players play SF4. And yes I agree marvel 3 is way more fun to watch.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
This is probably gonna be a blowup, but I want champ to win so bad.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
drat we got some good senses of humor in this thread huh.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hugo5.5 putting up a hell of a fight.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Marvel's next.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Today at 12PM PST Fanatiq and MegaManDS are running a special stream to help raise money for the Skullgirls breast cancer drive. From shoryuken

MegaManDS posted:

I convinced Fanatiq to do a donation drive TOMORROW (Monday) starting at 12pm until 9pm and I will be down there. We will be doing auctions/raffles/giveaways/signings/maybe special guests... etc

He will learn how to play, be doing commentary on previous matches and I will be showing him my (secret) tactics about the game. So, if you want to also tune in tomorrow and help with donating, please do. This will be on https://www.twitch.tv/mrfanatiq at 12pm PST

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Eh champ's no slouch in mvc2, he might take that one too.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ooooh, FGC fighting FGC for the 8th slot!! Though as biased as I am towards Skullgirls I'd still very much love ST to be the 8th game if SG doesn't win.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

may contain peanuts posted:

I like the thing that UFGT does, where how many people get paid out is a factor of how many people entered. It's like the top 10% get paid or something.

Are you (or any other goons) going to UFGT? I just registered, can't wait for Skullgirls, Mystery Game, and BaraBariBall aka GOTY of the year.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Just UFGT and Evo for me as far as I know. My first time at UFGT but I've heard it's great. Plus EVO is the bomb every year.

E: Also while we're on the subject I feel like I should alert goons that early bird registration for UFGT just opened yesterday. Register before March 11th to save $5, plus BaraBariBall and Mystery Game are both capped at 128 players and that will fill up FAST so anyone who's planning on going, register asap.

http://ufgtus.wordpress.com/register/

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ToastyPotato posted:

What does Pokemon styled sets mean?

Winner stays basically. So if your first team member never loses, the other team members don't have to play.

E: This is opposed to Waseda style, where if each team has members A, B, C, D, and E, the matches go:
A vs A
B vs B
C vs C
etc. until every player on one team has been eliminated.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Feb 26, 2013

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

drat, Green Ace making poo poo interesting! I have no idea why Ski seems to think NorCal is the favorite though; even putting aside that I'm biased towards NYC, I think most people would either bet on them or SoCal.

But still, what an upset!

NorCal was easily the favorite coming into this, having both the Evo2k12 champ and the 2k11 runner-up. The only other player to come close to Champ and PR Rog's success in this game is Chris G.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Skisonic's not a bad commentator in any way. I seriously don't understand the hate at all.