Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Don't a lot of the SC dudes play DOA too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Transient People posted:

Oh man, that's awesome. Now I'm pumped for a chance to see Marvel in the eSport leagues.

Heads-up: it's not really any different.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Sega Cup VF5 tournament is on today (tomorrow? 4/20) - this'll probably be the last big international VF event for a while, so if you ever cared about this game you might wanna watch. 128 entrants, including some big Japanese players (Fuudo, Itabashi, Choufu), should be worth watching. Brackets here, stream here.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 20, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Platypus Farm posted:

Yeah for sure. I think at this point though a Jackie Chan Fists of Fury tournament could get more views than ChrisG shooting fireballs and getting burned by commentators.

You say that like a Jackie Chan tournament wouldn't automatically be more hype than anything else in the room by default.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
MK9 and Injustice had about the same amount of leadup as MKX.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Krakhan posted:

If you wanted to see some high level, high quality 3v3 HnK play, well I have a stream for you tonight: http://www.twitch.tv/gamenewton

Was gonna post this good thing.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sony basically licensed the game from Capcom, that's how their "third party productions" division works. The idea that Capcom literally didn't know it'd be this bad is laughable but they're not lying when they say it's up to Sony to fix it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm sure EVO Japan also had an impact.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's not just that they're clinging to an old game, is that they're extremely persistent about creating an esports scene around an old game that new people aren't playing, people aren't watching and promoters/TOs/Nintendo don't really want to sponsor. Good for them, I guess, but it's just not going to happen.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dias posted:

Does it get 100+? I'd assume it's as big as the 98/2002(UM??) community

Game Newton gets 100+ for Hokuto no Ken, I wouldn't doubt it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Tae posted:

This is a very specific american thing problem, unless your country is also randomly killing people of different skin color because skin color

I guarantee there isn't a single person who might watch that clip who isn't aware of the stereotype.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
My guess is that he massively misjudged his relationship with Mike and thought he could get away with such a stupid joke because they were "friends", and also that he's a racist idiot.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mango sentinel posted:

Where's the money?

NRS games, unironically. There are sponsored tournaments for [new NRS game] with decent payouts and almost no buzz every other week, so if someone with raw talent wanted to hustle without too much effort, that's where they'd go.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
https://twitter.com/HellaBrett/status/974805801205317633

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wow that translator flub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Dude known for talking a lot of poo poo talked some poo poo, amazing.