Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Tried hopping on P4A on Live the other day, played the same three people over and over. I love the game, but it's a ghost town. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Holy crap, Duke Nukem coming back and pinning all 3 opponents. :stare:

#ALWAYSBETONDUKE

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I do not get why this is Adam Jensen's entrance music.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

What's the goon IRC room again? Streams are always more fun when watching with others. :shobon:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

AndyElusive posted:

#goonsgarden

Thanks!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I remember when VxG was first announced, there were tournaments that were considered to be qualifiers for it, and I thought that was the only way to go. I don't know if I missed something, or if it was just poorly communicated. I wonder if other people thought that and that's why they didn't sign up. (Most likely people just don't have the time/money to go)

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

A list of all of the problems with VxG was posted in the TYM thread, which was taken from 4chan or something. I'm guessing it's a work in progress:

For a second I thought "Man, sucks about the fighting games, I wonder if the other competitions are doing better?" but I guess this answers that!

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 27, 2013

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Brett824 posted:

To be fair stuff like "Chris G is already complaining" and "Haunts can't stream" make this list seem a little less objective.

True. Since it's apparently from 4chan, I take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure we'll get plenty of stories from the people there, though!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

PonchAxis posted:

This poo poo is honestly not even worth it at this point. Chrisg will forever be a huge baby who will never change. Same for a lot of other top players.

E: like flash metroid was going off saying stupid poo poo on twitter this week. None of these people will ever learn.

Flash's was as least funny for James Chen flipping out at him. I've always heard that James had an angry streak in him, but I never believed it until now.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

kaujot posted:

When you're as big of an entitled idiot as FlashMetroid is (without really doing anything to earn that entitlement..), I can hardly blame James.

I don't blame him either. Flash was saying some really stupid stuff, and James was right in calling out his bullshit. I just always thought of James as an always happy guy with a penchant for (hilariously) groan-worthy puns.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Maximilian is more miss than hit for me, but I do credit him for teaching me how to begin to understand higher level play through his MvC 3 videos. A few of his jokes were funny, but nothing beats Mike Ross's expressions whenever he got salty or when he's trying to hide his disappointment with Gootecks.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Zodiac5000 posted:

Taking it seriously is probably a better way of phrasing it. When they do runbacks on EA, you know they want to win, but I highly doubt Gootecks would start laughing so hard he physically cannot continue playing because of a stage background at a tournament. (The greatest moment in excellent adventures history)

This sounds familiar, but I don't remember what happened.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Well, doesn't really matter since it's all donated.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I dunno if it was just about the guides. According to UltraDavid, they had a good chance of winning a case against Capcom, in fact Capcom started to act a lot nicer when he sent them his arguments, so it's weird that they didn't try to follow up on it. I think a lot of the reason why everything ended was from other internal conflicts. Weren't they having issues with TheStream.tv over Cross Counter for a while? And not to mention Mike Ross leaving Complexity was a huge blow to them. I can imagine them just not having the heart anymore. But then again maybe the internal conflicts were all about the guides, so who knows.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Aug 10, 2013

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

PonchAxis posted:

I just saw that there was more Fgc drama today. Geez it's never gonna end huh?

Wait, what happened now? :sigh:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Friend of mine took that footage. Glad to see it making the rounds!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I Need Yomi 61

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Seth Killian is always great to listen to. He works with with pretty much anyone. Dacidbro is a new favorite of mine after watching the Blazblue finals at Evo.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3O9dDj4Ck

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Trykt posted:

https://twitter.com/JayViscant

Low Tier God is currently having a loving meltdown in response to Viscant challenging him to a $500 money match, using an impressive array of excuses (to avoid outright saying "No") and even threatening real physical violence. WNF stream on Wednesday might hopefully be really interesting.

How did this all start? Did Low Tier God call Viscant out or something, and then Low Tier ducked when Viscant replied?

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Oct 20, 2014

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Well, Infiltration's stream sure seems to be something else. :stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI1ZSvnxZ5s

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Manoueverable posted:

Since there was an ad for it, what's the general consensus on Assassin's Fist?

I really enjoyed it! Ono has the best cameo in it.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Ugh, I feel bad for my friend who went out to cover Apex. :( At least he might have some interesting stories when he gets back.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Come watch the best fighting game stream ever.

http://www.twitch.tv/infiltration85

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Work for Capcom to run their streams?

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Yipes injured his knee while saving a guy's life by trying to get his leg out of train tracks. Further proof that he owns, and I hope he has a speedy recovery. :unsmith:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Tae posted:

What do you mean "trying"

Yipes' words, not mine:

"I reinjured my knee saving a man's life trying to pull him out of the train tracks, crazy how people sat back and did nothing to help him."

Guess he either got it out, or the guy got himself free eventually.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

I just want Lucha Pikachu to hit the Stone Cold Stunner to win it all.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Pomp posted:

pikachu is in 3 games at evo

Akuma as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

ShortThug posted:

Akuma's not in Street Fighter :confused:

E: Ryu is in three though.

Oh poo poo, for some reason I thought Akuma was in 5. Whoops.