Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It kinda sucks that Brazil won't have any Brazilian representatives in the 25th Anniversary finals because of consulate stupidity. :( Breno would probably beat a well-known name or two and everyone would go "WAAAAAAAH CAMMY OP".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AkumaHokoru posted:

3 Travel Visas denied because video games are not a good reason to leave the country. bullshit. brazil sucks.

One of them because the dude working at the USA consulate didn't know what "Capcom" was. I mean, really, even if you're not into videogames, a simple google search would tell you Breno wasn't planning on running away to America. Kinda depressing.

...at least we got a Gief in the tournament out of that, I guess. :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Coughing-up Tweed posted:

This is the best goon related fighting game video: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/264783173

NIGGA STOLE MY CHAIR

How come this is the first time I saw this, it's brilliant.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...you have got to be fuckin' kidding moi.

I guess that fight was fated to never end. Arino and Segata will keep wrestling until the end of time itself, until the last star fades out and all you can see are the sparks of MANLY SPIRIT coming off the two fighters. :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
FUCKIN' NINJA TURTLE OUT OF NOWHERE

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
C'mon, that was fixed.

ninja edit: Uh oh, Money in the Bank.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

evilalien posted:

Wolfkrone in losers after what I believe is the first round... Was not expecting that.

Apparently he lost to Native Impact, a T.Hawk who actually sent Dieminion to losers at the Local Battles monthly. He's really good.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

iPodschun posted:

Champ was on twitter being angry about playing on PS3. Still in losers it looks like though. MarlinPie just tweeted "yes we are using a retarded ps3 for apex stream setup. it doesn't even read some sticks on p1 side. something is wrong with this thing.."

UMvC3 results so far from http://shoryuken.com/2013/01/12/apex-2013-streaming-live/

Winners top 8: Dieminion, MarlinPie, J Rosa. I assume the last spot will be Chris G
Losers: Champ and Yipes in top 8, OMG Itz Andre
9th: RayRay, Fooblat

FOOBLAT NO

So close to a top 8, so close. :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Morridoom winners' finals, the tears coming from the stream chat are delicious.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The problem with subscriber-only chat is that I can't complain that 720p+ is choppy and anything below that is sound-delayed here. :(

EDIT: Also, drat, Dieminion just STOMPED CJ. Or at least did some long-range, safe variation of a stomp.

Dias fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 19, 2013

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
There's some legit P4A matches going on the second stream right now: http://fr.twitch.tv/leveluplive2

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Latif is getting ran over by Infiltration. Wow.

EDIT: Streetcraft II: Akuma War.

Dias fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 19, 2013

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
...why did SCR allow this to be streamed? This type of violence is unrated, man.

EDIT: Latif just sounds so sad. :smith:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

theystolemyname posted:

I've been sick and for the first time in a while watched a lot of the scr today. Is street fighter 4 still the premier game, or is it Marvel vs Capcom now? I honestly found MvC3 way more fun to watch, though watching Infiltration murder the other guy may have spoiled street fighter a bit.

They're pretty equal, really. AE is more international and high-level matches are amazing displays of footsies and overall strategy, while Marvel is very American, crazier and flashier, the "hype" game to SFIV's "intellectual" thing. Sometimes one gets top billing over the other, but they're pretty much on the same status level.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Random Guy, better than Latif.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This was really close, wow. Pretty legit Guy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

This is probably gonna be a blowup, but I want champ to win so bad.

I want to see him do worse than Lum1naire Guy, because that'd be funny.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
EDIT ^^^^ to be honest, some people here would actually say that straight-faced.

Random Guy for top American player in SCR.

Also, drat, that's a bad matchup you wouldn't think it's a bad matchup at first glance. Sim gets bodied by a grappler.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Redmark posted:

What's Juicebox's main game now, if not AE? KoF? Is he a threat for top 8 in that game?

He's top 16 at the tournament right now, I think. Rule of thumb is a bunch of people are decent to good in that game but if you're not Mexican (or Korean, I guess), you're not placing.

ninja edit: Megumi trolling Floe. "It's been a while since you won something"

actual edit: Filipin0man best Rose in America, let's go!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Man, that last reaction EX Reflect was crazy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Viscant is losing so bad, his playstyle just doesn't really cut it in modern UMvC3, while CJ has improved a lot.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Chacmool posted:

Goddamn I really really wanted Freedom to take down Marn. Cap and IM? My marvel wet dream.

May I recommend a video for you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIqkCDVXg14

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AXE COP posted:

Chris G used astral vision irl

Chris G is so attuned to Morrigan that he just makes a clone to play thru pools for him nowadays.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Everyone's favoring Viscant in the FT10? I'm thinking CJ has the advantage there, he's legit now and Viscant still plays only two characters in a team of four.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That was unusually smooth for a FG player, I'll give them that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Viscant actually has Haggar stuff now? I'm astonished.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Huh, now I feel like it's going to be counterpicks to the end. Jay wins, it's back to missiles, CJ wins, it's back to Zero.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I really didn't expect him to stay and win with Zero after the sequence he had with Wesker. That was actually decent non-LL Zero play too.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Transient People posted:

(Also, he has better Zero combos than he has Haggar combos. Think about that for a second. :laffo:)

Hey, he did some high-damage kara-pipe stuff with Haggar, that's about 400% better than the last time I saw him play - LMHS MMH command grab. I'm pleasantly surprised by Viscant, I hope this marks a comeback for the dude.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
That dog :3:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Infrit is dropping a lot of dumb stuff and getting punished for it, while Bee's just on point today.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
What the gently caress was that. What. Marlinfuckinpie.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This "theme song" for SCR is very 80's/early 90's kickboxing movie. It's the song that plays in the credits/final fight/training montage.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gimnbo posted:

ChrisG with the best possible response to Gootecks's nonsense:

"What?"

I was expecting him to answer "Soul Fist", but "What" is a great answer too.

Also, that dog is still adorable. :3:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Aww, man, it was just the bad internet in the venue slowing Infiltration's download down.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"He picked Hakan because he really felt like he should win".

Words never spoken before.

Also, "he fought with Akuma because he wanted to learn the Yun matchup". drat.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"You can also download Prime, by Redrapper..."

...but you really shouldn't.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Knives doesn't get to play the fourth game in the set. Chris G has the best lockdown.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Psychic Combofiend. Combofiend :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Wait what, Shuma is THAT damaging?