Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
For anyone that missed Bazza87's Video Game Championship Wrestling stream (in the WWE 2013 engine or something), AVGN and Gamecenter CX's Shinya Arino took the tag team title from Team Fortress. Most notably however was Nappa and Gabe Newell's no holds barred match that actually DESTROYED THE RING. :suspense:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
I really hope the Fooblat vs Bum match got streamed tonight.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Parallax Scroll posted:

Filipino Champ is on the east coast for Apex and just got to Bum's house. He's gonna be running Marvel sessions with some east coast players tonight. Supposedly Flux and RayRay will be there, probably some others. http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3
Oh my goodness Bum's playing FChamp now and just got a time over against Filipino by killing his 2nd character with the level 3 rocket launcher, and just sitting there instead of firing the last shot for it's duration, preventing Filipino's 3rd character from coming in until it ended.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

PonchAxis posted:

Hahahaha YO TA MOONS!
loving SuperNova to catch mags and chun, m00nz is amazing to watch.

Edit: :cmon:

Edit 2: Hahaha, I love Yipes and Matrix commanding emotes from chat.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Feb 24, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Vergil's teleport "Here I am" into getting thrown by Doom was the funniest.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
The Marvel 3 on 3 teams tourney the other day was ridiculously fun to watch, especially with how rare it is to see Mike Ross get a chance to pop off after a game. Anyone that missed it should definitely try to catch some of the matches. Sure only 1 round rules allow a lot of randomness, but it's great for "anyone can win" excitement for some of the underdogs. :allears:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ho1PJiaS4w

And the crowd getting behind Floe for his matches to get his team to grand finals was the best.
http://www.twitch.tv/ceogaming/b/423235260?t=53m30s

Green Ace and FullSchedule have been amazing new players to watch. If anyone would eliminate either of them, I'm glad it was Flash Metroid to put down FullSchedule, his Modok team is one of the most fun to watch.

Also, with the talk of faulty hardware, I hope someone gets to gif the dramatic repeated zoom on Wesker's phantom dance.

Edit - Here's the phantom dance in question: http://www.twitch.tv/capcomfighters/b/423975263?t=2h59m

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jun 30, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Chat is better off disabled for the most part for most of these tournaments, but Sentinel coming out in a match to tons of robot faces in chat is pretty funny.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Abegen vs PR Rog now on the gostunv stream, his team's always a fun watch. :allears:

Edit: And I guess they're taking a break now.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Jul 7, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Wow, IGT in casuals against Viscant is making Ghost Rider look like a very effective character like LLND does with Hsien-Ko.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Haha, Yipes is putting on the best show with this attitude. "So FChamp, how do you feel about this Super Skrull OH MY GOD NEO IS GOING IN HARD RIGHT NOW".

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Tae posted:

So what is Nemo doing during FChamp's Phoenix games when he uses Snap to kill regular Phoenix which somehow lets him x-factor->Air throw him every time? What factors are making that happen?
I'm no expert at all, but it looks similar to what Kusoru did at last year's Final Round, just without an anti-air throw super.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFScxJWcsdk&t=174s

I think what's going on, is he's able to recover from the snapback in time to crouch block, x-factor cancel blockstun from transform blast, and buffer it into a jump and then an air-throw I guess, while Dark Phoenix can't tech the air throw.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
I usually don't watch Street Fighter 4 streams unless it's something like Snake Eyez's run at NCR or other big tournaments but Smug's Dudley alone has been worth watching the past several Battle Circuits, his combos make SF4 look like a Vs game or some such. And I can't say it any better than anyone else has so far, but holy cow Arturo was playing like a brain surgeon in almost every match.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby

NCR Salty Suite with drunk Floe and drunk Justin on commentary not commentating the matches at all. :allears:

Christ this is the funniest salty suite I've seen since Canada Cup.

Floe is admitting he's fraud-jew-lent and Wong is calling out stream monsters in chat. We have found it, the best stream.

Edit: This guy using Chris/Sentinel/Spencer (a mod says it's GC Yoshi) is making Chris look way better than tournament results would lead people to believe.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Apr 20, 2014

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

SilentW posted:

Clockwork vs. Marn was pretty hype, especially since Marn was clowning around after he made it 2-2 and got his poo poo pushed in ... Clockwork was not aumsed.
(http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/521615939)

Tried to find the match against marn, ended up finding Clockwork vs PR Balrog, it was just as good I'd say.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/521615939?t=3h38m

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Good god, 13,000 viewers and rising since winners finals on Battle Circuit, has been so good recently. When Arturo said everyone made an agreement to train up to at Next Level to at least make sure someone besides Sanford wins AE, he drat sure meant it. Justin Wong's in chat also going in on Sanford, it's great.

<eg_jwong> smug!! shake sanford hand with the booger hand
<eg_jwong> booger shake
<eg_jwong> sanford Facebook status incoming.. either "I am the king of NY" or "I can't defend NYC by myself"
<eg_jwong> the booger was to make sanford weak

pre-edit: holy poo poo Smug just 3-0'd Sanford to reset the brackets, jesus christ.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Oh my god Abegen's up now. If you like Hsien-Ko and love low-tier heroes, Abegen's is the most fun to watch and has been my favorite player since EVO 2012.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Firebatgyro posted:

Abegen's Shehulk is so loving good
I never get tired of his matches, his team synergy is insane, each member with at least 1.15 million health. It always looks like a bad situation when Abegen loses a character, especially against top-tiers like Vergil and Doom and such, but all it takes is one mistake from his opponent to lose a character.

Edit: going to KaneBlueRiver vs Kyle P, not sure what team Kyle uses though.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 4, 2014

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Arturo's putting on the fight of his life at Next Level this week, and just put down Sanford's Sagat making the match look like rock-paper-scissors. If you're not already watching this each week this is a great time to hop in, Spooky's throwing out years of insight on what he's learned about Dhalsim's play as well. Zeus and Smug waiting in winner's finals as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

apple posted:

Also, I love Smug. :allears:
I'm not sure it's possible to not love Smug. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MLUjhoXHFg

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Kaneblueriver's at Bum's place playing a first to 10 set of Marvel against Bum 6-4 in KBR's favor at the moment. Hulk/Haggar/Sentinel vs Haggar/Hulk/Chris. :stare:

http://www.twitch.tv/bum1six3

Edit: Ok, KBR's at 11 to 4, so I guess they're gonna play it out until they get tired of each other.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 16, 2014

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Ryan Hart's pretty awesome on commentary, not that it's all that surprising I suppose. I like how he and Arturo also are both very invested in this Ibuki vs Sagat match not long after their match that put Art in losers.

Ryan: "I really liked that Smug vs Sanford match, that was a very good set."
Arturo: "Yo that's every week, dog."

I guess it's pretty easy for someone who doesn't play to say, but this stream has me more interested in Ultra SF4 than anything else. :allears:

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
drat, on one hand I feel a little bad for Shine, he's fought so hard to get to grand finals and has to be feeling the pressure of everyone in the building putting their hopes on him taking out the international top talent.

On the other, there's absolutely nothing he can be ashamed of and this grand finals is putting him on the loving map holy poo poo and he's taking it to the goddamn final round of grand finals at least. :stare:

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
That's pretty cool then, I haven't seen much of him that I can recall but I've only started watching again since Sanford broke his stick on camera. When Spooky and Art were hyping him up as going much farther in the bracket than he usually does they only really mentioned his A league status, not that I'd be surprised about him winning tourneys before if that's how he usually plays.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

HoneyBoy posted:

Quick recap for anyone who missed this week's NLBC.

http://a.pomf.se/evzvyv.webm
Nothing in Street Fighter 4 will ever make me laugh quite as hard as seeing 2 Sagats trading fireballs for about 20 seconds. I like that they felt they couldn't actually begin the match in earnest without at least a bar of ultra saved up.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
HOLY loving poo poo SOMEONE GOT DARK DONALD WHAT ARE THE ODDS ON THAT poo poo HOLY gently caress

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
He was just loving DONE after that.

A Bystander posted:

Holy poo poo, I've been busy with other things and I've just now tuned in.
You have missed some poo poo.

Edit: PETSHOP IS IN THERE IN THE ANCHOR

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 24, 2014

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
The next logical step above mashing: not even pressing buttons.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

A Bystander posted:

How do you lose with Synn.
You get fuckin hit a lot, apparently. He did try the dragon fire at least. Not sure if that Synn has the "vanish into background, fullscreen instant kill fire" super though from her source material.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

LogicNinja posted:

What'd I miss, is this a thing?
That was hilarious. Mike's facial expressions I died.
e: Valle makes keeping Yang out with fireballs look easy, goddamn.
Mike "It's not the stick, dog" Ross.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

ToastyPotato posted:

The 10 point character select system Fchamp has been running on FGTV would probably make Marvel majors 100x more interesting at this point. In it, Vergil and Zero are completely banned as well. The normal type character ban system that happens on side tourneys some times isn't good enough, imo. The point system forces some team shake ups and opens some doors while still letting people choose their teams and get good with certain characters.

I don't have the values on hand, but I like that Abegen's team is just 6 ratio total. Actually I forget if they changed Thor or more to 1, so it could be like 4-5.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
The Skullgirls top 16 was wildly entertaining as well. It sets the bar high pretty early with an accidental combo of an IPS burst into Lenny the Bomb detonation by a Peacock player, and there's some good Squigly and Big Band play but sadly not a whole lot with how new the characters are.

http://www.twitch.tv/nobodyexe/c/4317441

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Fruitsnacks posted:

If you missed Arturo vs. Sanford earlier tonight you need to check the archives because it was a sick set.
I have the feeling every time that matchup happens it's always a sick set, they did the same last week as well.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
One pixel of life, dash forward three times, anti-air throw.

Mike Ross, ladies and gentlemen. The ultimate gambler.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Manoueverable posted:

I only caught the last two games of that set and I still feel qualified to say that NLBC is hype as gently caress and it makes me wish I had a weekly in my area to get bodied at :v:
Yeah, it's been exciting as hell and it says a lot for the venue that despite being just a weekly tourney it's able to pull in around 10k-14k viewers each week, even if a large part of that viewership has grown over time from just having a steady weekly stream. It's really nice to be able to see how intense grand finals matches can be when they don't devolve into lovely pot-splitting random select fuckery.

I also had a good laugh at the one round and near-perfect Arturo was able to take against Smug by just standing still and hitting normals to stuff approaches. The adaptation in some of these matches has been ridiculous.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Hypocrisy posted:

Wow. I'm kind of surprised Poem was able to take down Dieminion after completely giving away a round like that.

Lot of people stepping up in NLBC now.
Yeah, and Poem's extremely close loss against KBrad was a bit of a heartbreaker as well, that set was nuts.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
I've been looking forward so long to see Smug vs Snake Eyez, this should be a good set.

Edit - albeit a quick set, holy poo poo.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

HoneyBoy posted:

Anyone got a VOD link for the exhibition?

edit: look's like stream's over so I can probably just skip backwards and find it that way, never mind.

It's been a couple hours since, so you might've found it by now, but insaynne vs cloud805 starts around 12h03m in, after hearing about it being Yipes and KBrad on commentary I had to look it up:

http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/b/563438494?t=12h03m

"My man Xavier in the back watchin like 'This is straight bust-rear end.'"

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Holy poo poo, Pepeday. That was so scary. Fuerte going barely over the ultra from Seth was quite intense for a not-match point moment. I love how the crowd goes nuts for just about every hit Fuerte gets in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
God in heaven I can't take this match, Pepeday showing loving impressive signs of life. Goddamn we're going to the last game and the last round, aren't we.