Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Should probably also note that we talk poo poo on IRC and you can join in the shenanigans at #goonsgarden on irc.synirc.net.

We mostly post links to funny pictures, type in all caps during tournament streams, talk about how horrible our respective countries are, lust after Zeipher ;-* and cobble together golden moments for fgquotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Hello!

Just a heads up to let you guys know that OHN11, Australia's biggest fighting game tournament, is on this weekend. Unlike Shadowloo Showdown, it's not an invitational, and it's a Road to Evo event.

It's no Evo, but we do have our moments: our TTT2 players are legitimately world class, having visited SBO quite a few times before, our AE players are occasionally brilliant (like ShangTsung, who came 17th at Evo last year), we have some very solid Marvel players (like Antman, who's taking on Infrit on CC Live in about... 9 minutes; DB|Toxy and last year's winner ArnoldDesu), and of course we have IronMyke in VF5.

We've expanded our "No Heavy Weapons/Mooseking on commentary" clause to become a "No Heavy Weapons/Mooseking/Shadowloofox/Kyle The Guile on commentary" clause as per your request. Myself and Smegmatron will be on for AE, and since we know jack poo poo about most other games, we'll be getting people on who are better than us throughout the weekend. I promise we'll endeavour to make the stream a not-awful affair. And knowing us, we'll probably be on IRC during the day so you can tell us how hosed we are.

I'm unsure at this point if we'll be streaming the Friday night (Thursday in America), but the main schedule is as follows (times in PST):

DAY 1: Friday, 22nd February:
3:30PM: SSF4AE Pools, TTT2 Pools, KOF13 Pools, SC5 DIY, DOA5 DIY
8:00PM: UMVC3 Pools, 3S:OE DIY
12:30AM: SSF4AE Semi Finals, TTT2 Semi Finals, KOF13 Semi Finals
1:30AM: UMVC3 Semi Finals
4:00AM: Venue Close

DAY 2: Saturday, 23rd February:
3:30PM: VF5:FS Finals
4:30PM: KOF13 Finals
7:00PM: TTT2 Finals
9:00PM: SSF4AE Finals
10:30PM: UMVC3 Finals
11:00PM: Venue Close

I'll post up links to streams later because at the moment we're working out whether we want to go with one or two (probably two), so once we know what we're running I'll pass it on.

Thanks!

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Antman just beat Infrit 7-4 on CC Live. Point proven. :cool:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Just got the links to the OHN11 streams. Also holy poo poo Winter Brawl is the same weekend again :suicide:

http://twitch.tv/ozhadou - main stream (AE, MVC, finals)
http://twitch.tv/ozhadou2 - secondary stream (TTT2)

Hope to see you guys watching. :)

edit: Here, have a hype trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6NXinU4PmY

Goodpart fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 21, 2013

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Hey guys! OHN finals day is going live in about 15-30 mins. We're running VF5, KOF, TTT2, AE and MVC in that order, with the potential for a Marvel money match between Antman (who beat Infrit on the recent CC live stream recently) and NefeliousG who was top 20 at Evo 2011.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
The absolute best part, which I mentioned in IRC, is that just after Sanford's heartfelt goodbye to EMP, they bring Triforce back in, along with the rabble, to discuss. Triforce is audibly upset. Just before Triforce launches into an explanation/mea culpa/deconstruction of the situation, someone proceeds to blast DA BEECH until the host cuts them off.

Then, when left unattended, "Super Beat Boy Noel Brown" says "It's late, I'm out. Everyone have a good night. Noel Brown beats women" and hangs up.

It's a beautiful disaster.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

teagone posted:

Shadowloo Showdown USF4 pool play going on atm http://www.twitch.tv/shadowloohq
I'm gonna go ahead and pre-emptively apologise for whatever.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Hey, gently caress you, cancel EVO. This guy's already got it won.

It's like 7 straight minutes of scrubquotes.

quote:

The interviewer was life the questions drawn up by experience . . .

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Gackt; pretty easily too.

I almost beat KBrad :(

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Al Borland posted:

That was a beautiful fight.

Best I've seen so far this year.

E:

It is really easy to see how much commentary can make or break a game. The Shadowloo tournament has been really boring this year due to lack of good commentary. GGXRD basically was dead air and tekken I almost wish was dead air.

Hope sf4 wasn't total dogshit. I was asked about an hour out from finals to do commentary for top 16 because the people on it previously were doing such a poor job. I wasn't there to do it but it was fun, so I'm hoping it went down inoffensively, if not well.

It's funny that the tourney gets better every year from an organisational standpoint but the stream presentation continues to flail about the way that it does. Baffling.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Infiltration is actually the loving best.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hint: Now he can't go home and be a family man.
Jesus loving christ :lol:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
There are numerous killers in Japan who aren't notable simply because they don't/can't travel.

My time in Japanese arcades was spent seeking out "top" players, and though I met none (apart from passing Nuki in a staircase), I met more than enough people who would easily compete with them.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

teagone posted:

Poongko looks so tiny.
He is legit tiny. 5 feet tall at a push. He is also completely hilarious.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Static Rook posted:

And Sagat players everywhere start working on a pocket Rolento for that Fei match up :stare:
Rolento isn't easy for Fei, but Elena is waaaaay worse. Poison also does well against him.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Doggboat posted:

Tokido counterpicking(?) Mago's Fei with Hugo right now at SEAM on Capcom Fighters
I think he was playing the long game. Banked on getting the win v Fei in a poor matchup so that Mago couldn't be seen to rely on it. Grapplers beat Yang so that would have wiped that option out entirely.

Akuma > Fei > Hugo > Yang > Akuma

Elena is the outlier there, but she beats Fei comfortably.

I died of hype when I saw Hugo.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Goodpart posted:

I think he was playing the long game. Banked on getting the win v Fei in a poor matchup so that Mago couldn't be seen to rely on it. Grapplers beat Yang so that would have wiped that option out entirely.
:whatup:

edit: and he's killing himself lmao

Goodpart fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jun 21, 2015

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Elven couldn't bring himself to look at the screen :lol:

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Cabbagepots posted:

Sherry Jenix awoke with a start in the middle of the night, clutching the stabbing pain in her stomach. She was suddenly wracked with intense pain and felt like she was going to puke her guts out. Aching with muscle spasms, she jumped out of bed and quickly stumbled her way to the bathroom. The pain got worse with every second.

After fumbling around on the wall for a light switch, the bathroom lights switched on. They blinded her only for a second before she shut her eyes tight and doubled over vomiting, failing to get most of it in the sink.

Her muscles were crushing her skeletal structure and the pain was unbearable. But she was unable to reach for any aspirin or other medication. She could do nothing but vomit blindly into what she hoped was the sink for five straight minutes until her stomach's contents were finally depleted.

Peering up from the sink now full of her reeking effluence, her vision eventually unblurred itself into a clear image of her bathroom mirror.

She screamed at the top of her lungs at the sight of the vaguely canine monster staring back at her. Hunched over, covered in grey matted fur, with a long muzzle full of razor sharp teeth where once was an ordinary girl's nose, she panicked at her new visage.

Clutching her face, it suddenly dawned on her what had happened.

"Oh no..." she whimpered. "Somebody made a post about me on the internet!!!" She began to wail.

"I'VE BEEN DEHUMANIZED!!!"
is this the long awaited prologue to the gigamaidens story mode

if so, needs some polish, but good start

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Sarchasm posted:

It seems I greatly overestimated everyone's interest in the Louffy / Santarou money match.
I thought it got canned?

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Balrog is loving crazy strong against characters without fireballs.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

dragon enthusiast posted:

There are some babies being babies about Sm4sh's finals time slot.
how else are they gonna get home before curfew

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Hey!

I'm the stream guru for OHN13 and I just thought I'd let you all know that we're streaming all weekend. USF4, MKX, UMVC3, KOF13 and TTT2 will all be on stream throughout.

We're live RIGHT NOW at http://twitch.tv/goodpart with casuals/exhibitions so come check it out some time this weekend. We kick off pools for all games tomorrow and the finals are on Sunday. The schedule is available at http://ohn.ozhadou.net/#schedule, though it is AEST so please adjust your times accordingly.

Thanks!

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
why the gently caress did mago pick fei against bison lmfao

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Yang v Bison isn't a good matchup but Fei v Bison is worse for the same reasons so what the gently caress Mago

He'd be better off going back to Sagat

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Mago wouldn't have picked Fei against Filipinoman. That would be suicide. Must have played Yang. I'm more surprised that Fuudo lost to Chris T: no reason he should have lost that.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
du taunting and winning owns

jwong destroying a literal child owns

marn taunting and then getting bodied owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TLDJgb8GBY

scumbag taunting and then getting bodied and then throwing his stick while juicebox watches on owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsgRnBazeSY

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Actually most top players have a pocket Elena because she's stupid as poo poo, not functioning as intended and hard counters a lot of the better characters

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Captain Invictus posted:

Thank you humanbomb for making a stupid as gently caress move
please understand that i have already sent johnny several abusive messages over facebook for being a dummy

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Flights cancelled

Peace out

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
Having played it, it's a bad, broken, stupid game. Gengar has legit infinites and Pikachu is far and away the best not-actually-broken character by virtue of him being a Mishima.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
lol my decision to get a refund on my EVO flights is looking better and better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

Tae posted:

Infiltration in evo top 8 stalled at the character select until a judge came up to the stage with a stopwatch. I can't remember if that was when he picked Abel.
He went to Abel, then Juri, then Elena, then did about 5 laps of the screen before settling on Abel IIRC.

That alone was more hype than most SF5 matches I've seen