Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

BaseballPCHiker posted:

Ive had pretty good luck with some of the pants at Duluth Trading Company. I picked up some nylon/spandex cargo pants last year, and they're great. A bit warmer than I'd like for full blast summer heat, but any other time they do well.

I just got a pair of those last week. I really like 'em!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have two modes of operation: sitting still and not sweating, or hiking a trail and dripping water constantly. Dressing for summer heat is pretty irrelevant.

Verman
Jul 4, 2005
Third time is a charm right?

Oddly, I'm also in the market for a pair of synthetic joggers for wearing around the house when I'm working. I have sweatpants but I just dont feel comfortable leaving the house in them. I have hiking pants etc but I just want something a little more casual. Lululemon are the gold standard but they're stupid expensive for what they are.

I too looked at REI and didn't find much.

Last year I bought some Patagonia shorts that have three zippered pockets and an internal liner (like exoficio boxer briefs) and they're my favorite shorts ever. Above the knee. Not super baggy. Zippered pockets. I wear them all the time but they're also like $60. I ended up finding some shorts that were similar at Target for much less. Remembering that, I went to target to look at joggers and I'll be damned they had a pair of technical joggers with zip pockets for $30, just not in my size so I ordered some and I'll see how they fit when they arrive.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP!
BIIITCH!

xzzy posted:

That's why I keep using my marmot scree pants. My prana ones are more comfy and better designed overall but zipper pockets own on a hike.

Oh hey these Marmots look pretty nice actually. They don't look all floppy ankle like every other hiking pant in the world.

Alamoduh
Sep 12, 2011

Verman posted:

Oddly, I'm also in the market for a pair of synthetic joggers for wearing around the house when I'm working. I have sweatpants but I just dont feel comfortable leaving the house in them. I have hiking pants etc but I just want something a little more casual. Lululemon are the gold standard but they're stupid expensive for what they are.

I too looked at REI and didn't find much.

Last year I bought some Patagonia shorts that have three zippered pockets and an internal liner (like exoficio boxer briefs) and they're my favorite shorts ever. Above the knee. Not super baggy. Zippered pockets. I wear them all the time but they're also like $60. I ended up finding some shorts that were similar at Target for much less. Remembering that, I went to target to look at joggers and I'll be damned they had a pair of technical joggers with zip pockets for $30, just not in my size so I ordered some and I'll see how they fit when they arrive.

I have the same patagonia shorts- the nine trails 8- and I looooove them. Easily my favorite short ever, because I like hiking with only the liner. They are, however, too drat expensive!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrNemo
Aug 26, 2010

"I just love beeting off"

Not sure what the US selections are like but Decathlon often do good functional sports clothing. I know my go to activity shorts are a set of decathlon sailing ones that were like 20. Just nicely stretchy, super lightweight and enough pockets (zippered ones at that). They also don't look ridiculous, which is nice. In the UK or France I'd say they've got a really solid selection, very well priced so probably worth looking through. If they've got the same website though be warned that it can be difficult seeing the full range of stuff since some things seem to only get listed under specific activities e.g. a pair of shorts will be in the 'sailing shorts' category but won't show up in their global 'shorts' category, so it can be worth drilling down if you like climbing style trousers or whatever.