Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Going on a three-day hike in the Brecon Beacons on Friday, and I've just remembered that the waterproofing is shot on my boots. Anyone have any re-waterproofing products they'd recommend? I stupidly wore them sailing a few years back and they just don't hold out the moisture anymore, which is a problem in Brecon (mostly pretty swampy).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Sitting in a bit shop looking at a new pair, bloody hell these things are expensive. Looking at scarpa terra gtx or salomon quest 4D 2 gtx, thoughts?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
How come?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Anyone have experience with Karrimor boots? Sports Direct near me is closing down and there's a good 60% off boots.. Some of them look OK?

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

OSU_Matthew posted:

I've never heard of them, and it's not a brand I ever hear anyone talking about with regards to their favorite hiking footwear, like Solomon or Lowa, Keen, Merrells, and the like. If it's decently priced and feels comfortable, I'm sure it's ok, I just wouldn't have any great expectations of durability or longevity.
Yeah I had a bit more of a search and it looks like it was a decent bootmaker once upon a time but was fairly recently bought by Sports Direct (lovely UK company run by a nationally-renowned dickhead) and quickly went to crap. Ah well.