Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I'm in the market for a new backpacking tent. I would like a single entrance tent. Weight isn't as much of an issue as packability is. My current tent is 8x22" packed which is just takes up a lot of space that could be used for other things. I am looking at Big Agnes Fly Creek 2, Terra Nova Solar Photon 2, and Big Agnes Seedhouse 2.

Do any of you have any of these tents? My main concern after packability is durability, which makes me lean towards the Terra Nova. Are there other tents I should consider?

edit: Should also note that I am 5'5" and my girlfriend is 5'3" so interior size isn't a huge issue

The Slack Lagoon fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

How long have you had your Fly Creek for and do you use a groundcloth?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I took a WFR course last summer and I can say that I am very glad that I did. The information I learned there will be invaluable to me throughout my entire life, and I recommend to anyone that does a lot of backpacking/outdoor trips to look into it.

On another note, thanks to everyone that gave me suggestions for a tent. I tried to get the Terra Nova but it was sold out so I ordered a Fly Creek 2. I think one of the main complaints people have (the tent isn't long enough) won't effect me because I am 5'5" and the girlfriend is 5'4". Will be testing it out in the white mountains in a few weeks.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I am looking at going on a weekend backpacking trip somewhere in the White Mountains. I have only ever gone to the Whites for day trips. Anyone have any suggestions for 2 night, 2.5 day trip? Peak bagging isn't required, but I'd like to go ~10-15 miles. I have a topo map.

We'll be doing low impact LNT, and I was hoping to camp in an area where they allow camping in non established sites. Any areas I should focus on?