Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Time Cowboy posted:

My friend and I are looking to do a couple day hikes in eastern Pennsylvania or Maryland this weekend, weather permitting. We already picked out the Pinnacle for one day, but I can't seem to find anything else in my guidebooks that sounds like a must-see.

I'm hoping someone can recommend a good hike between 4 and 10 miles long, ideally without too much elevation gain (no more than, say, 1200 feet total), with something really interesting along the way, like a great viewpoint or a unique geological feature or something like that. Oh, and it should be no more than three hours away from Trenton by car.

Right now the only options that seem feasible are Ricketts Glen and Pole Steeple (at Pine Grove Furnace). If anyone recommends against either of those, that's good to know too. Thanks!

Rickett's Glen is pretty amazing and you won't be disappointed if you do it. I try to make it out there at least once or twice a year during the hotter months because all the falling water helps drag the ambient temperatures down a good 20 degrees, which is a godsend in the dead of summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

listrada posted:

Hey goons I'm heading to Allentown PA for a few days and I've got an extra Saturday all to myself. I feel like I haven't been outside since November - any recommendations for day hikes in that area?

Rickett's Glen is a couple hours away, but I recommend it to anyone looking to hike in PA.