Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone have a zpacks tent? Thinking of picking up the 3 man/triplex to use myself and partner for hiking. Heard good things but wanted a bit more feed back before I hit go on a tent that is double the price of other tents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

khysanth posted:

I don't have a Zpacks tent but I'm really familiar with their products and the offerings from other smaller ultralight manufacturers. What are you looking for in a tent? Fit 2+? Double-wall or single-wall important to you? Trekking pole supported or free-standing? Budget?

Super light (so I guess single wall/tarp), super durable and either trekking pole or two poles. Basically what the zpacks triplex is. Just wanting to know is it poo poo hot before I drop money into it (or other/better companies who are cheaper but just as good).

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Does it need a foot print/ground sheet under it? Heard people don't but still...digging for the finer details.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I'm 6 foot 2 so not super big but we've found with 2 man tents, it can start a row. For the sake of an extra few oz, I'd rather have the space honestly. My other half is a touch messy in the tent (and I am too sometimes) so it would give us the room we need to throw gear around etc. Plus, I'd string up some para cord along the width at the highest point for a drying line when the weather sucks. The only downside is pitch placement is a touch more restrictive.