Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of Bee and Puppycat, I just realized that the monster's second mouth is actually whispering something entirely different from what the other mouth is saying. I can't quite make it out though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mingest
Oct 5, 2013
Speaking of Bee and Puppycat, I don't understand why Puppycat knows so much about Wallace. If their temp work is to kill monsters or whatever. Does it respawn?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Payday is Friday. I am poor, but I think I can scrounge together enough so I can get the postcard to hang up :)

I really dislike animes, but Bee & Puppycat is amazing in spite of the influences.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mingest posted:

Speaking of Bee and Puppycat, I don't understand why Puppycat knows so much about Wallace. If their temp work is to kill monsters or whatever. Does it respawn?

I just assumed it wasn't the real Wallace, but some kind of trick or trap v:geno:v

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

I really dislike animes, but Bee & Puppycat is amazing in spite of the influences.

Bee and Puppycat is what anime would be if anime was good.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Hey, Bravest Warriors season 2 has started. I liked this one! :horse:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Wow, they really stepped up the animation in this one.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

No kidding. For a web-only series I'm shocked at how much funding Bravest Warriors is getting. Happy, but still shocked.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

horse noooooo

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

No kidding. For a web-only series I'm shocked at how much funding Bravest Warriors is getting. Happy, but still shocked.

My guess is merchindice. Most of it is really bad to be honest but I can see how it sells. There have been a lot of cartoons over the years that have been great despite the fact that they are essentially advertisements, and I'm glad that it seems to be working again even though you might not realize it's there.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The Devil Tesla posted:

My guess is merchindice. Most of it is really bad to be honest but I can see how it sells. There have been a lot of cartoons over the years that have been great despite the fact that they are essentially advertisements, and I'm glad that it seems to be working again even though you might not realize it's there.

Oh, it's definitely the merchandise. Knitcraft and plush Catbug? New merch based on each episode? It's all perfectly designed to make anyone with spare cash drop money on stuff over and over again. And since they seem to be reinvesting it into episodes, I don't mind at all. It's actually really cool to see Federator working so hard to disconnect themselves from channel funding. Kids (and just about everyone else) are far more likely to be glued to YouTube than Cartoon Network, and that trend certainly isn't going anywhere.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

That is one strong season opener. I wonder if the fact that the Aeon Worm is influencing positions of power is going to be the theme of season 2.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Holy crap. That was a seriously strong beginning to the season. This show had such a slow start, but it has really turned out to be incredible.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Megazver posted:

horse noooooo

He was still swinging, man. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

"Armored in her love, I find the strength to fight a god."

Sorry, I just have some sentiment in my eyes. :unsmith:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Who was it that did the voice of that horse? I can't recall what else I've heard that voice in, but I've definitely heard it a bunch before.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Who was it that did the voice of that horse? I can't recall what else I've heard that voice in, but I've definitely heard it a bunch before.

Victor Caroli, he did narration for Transformers. Cartoon Hangover puts the whole credits for the cartoon in the about section.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

The Devil Tesla posted:

Victor Caroli, he did narration for Transformers. Cartoon Hangover puts the whole credits for the cartoon in the about section.

Oh wow, really? I thought they were just going for that narrator's voice. It was so spot-on at first I thought it was him, but then the horse changed his voice a little once he injected himself in the scene, so I was sure it was just an impersonation.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

mind the walrus posted:

I was tired when I was watching it and thought it was Ron Perlman for a second, wouldn't surprised me either.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

Yeah that was it. Transformers: The Movie. I recall that magnificent voice now.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Oh wow, really? I thought they were just going for that narrator's voice. It was so spot-on at first I thought it was him, but then the horse changed his voice a little once he injected himself in the scene, so I was sure it was just an impersonation.

Frankly, I thought they were just going for "vaguely Morgan Freeman-esque".

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Behind the scenes.
Of course, Bill Mumy voices Beth's dad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqdelxuptds

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ker-bump.
I don't know if anybody noticed this, but Bravest Warriors has it's own version of Adventure Time's snail; a guy called The Passenger, who appears as an easter egg in every episode.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Bravest Warriors is coming to 3DS video every Friday apparently.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

New episode: RoboChris

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d0uu7MW__U

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

I spit french fries all over my laptop at that last bit. No joke or hyperbole, I was eating fries and it caught me so off guard that I shot them out as I laughed.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well that was intensely uncomfortable to watch and funny as hell at the same time :stonklol:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Wallow won this episode. "Nothin wrong with that!"

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Season 2 status: Off the chain.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That Gif reminds me that the will they/won't they aspect of Bravest Warriors is the things that keeps me from fully embracing it. I mean, I like the series and all but I've always found that to be an annoying trope that is mainly used as a low effort way of attempting to hook the audience and Bravest Warriors just seems to be embracing it without even putting any sort of spin on it.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

axleblaze posted:

That Gif reminds me that the will they/won't they aspect of Bravest Warriors is the things that keeps me from fully embracing it. I mean, I like the series and all but I've always found that to be an annoying trope that is mainly used as a low effort way of attempting to hook the audience and Bravest Warriors just seems to be embracing it without even putting any sort of spin on it.

Yeah. At least they're not using Pixel. (Wallow's annoying glove AI.) It's still actually a part of the show, though, they just couldn't find a place to use it since the pilot.

EDIT: Although Bravest Warriors #009 is all about Beth and smooches.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 3, 2013

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
Bee and Puppycat looks like it's going to hit it's Kickstarter goal in the next few hours and there's still 7 days remaining. :woop:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
:siren: It's Funded :siren:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

axleblaze posted:

I feel like that gif implies that that particular plot thread will be tied up or at least addressed this season.

E: Especially considering the Emotion Lord/Chris's vision in Ultra Wankershim

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 7, 2013

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

That... that third panel.

I almost posted just that.

I am a terrible person.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Dehry posted:

:siren: It's Funded :siren:

And now it's 11k over the goal. Hopefully it can get to 680k for the extra episode stretch goal.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Edit: Looks like B&P kickstarter is going to go over $680,000.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frederator/bee-and-puppycat-the-series

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 10, 2013

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/frederator/bee-and-puppycat-the-series

Last Call. Up to 8 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

I call not quite ten.