Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
Cratoon Hangover is a channel created by Frederator to post cartoons with swears in them and stuff.

There are two serieses on Cartoon Hnagover:

Superfuckers

Written and Created by James Kochalka of American Elf fame. He's a pretty weird guy. The characters swear because that's funny.
Superfuckers Episode 1

Bravest Warriors

Created by Pendleton Ward of Adventure Time fame. This thread was made because people kept getting yelled at for discussing it in the Adventure Time thread.
Much more tame than Superfuckers except sometimes a guy says 'prolapsed butthole' or something.
Bravest Warriors Episode 1 (generally considered less funny than most)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

Danzou posted:

One reason TV is still a relevant medium is because there is some semblance of editorial control - however ineffective and ridiculous it might be, at least Adult Swim doesn't green light poo poo like Superfuckers. I know when I gamble on a new show I'm not going to end up sitting through something like Superfuckers. The station isn't building and chaining themselves to the Superfuckers demographic.

I think Comedy Central isn't afraid of greenlighting a show like Superfuckers.

Drawn Together was basically just a cartoon entirely based around sex and puerile humor, wasn't it?

I think Comedy Central also greenlighted that reboot of Ren and Stimpy where John K had nobody telling him what not to do and it was absolutely awful because instead of having double entendres it just had single entendres, right? Constant gay jokes and titties and stuff because there was nobody to say "we can't allow kids to watch this".

There's definitely something to be said for intentionally throttling your usage of 'mature' humor and such. Hell, I've occasionally felt that censoring swears is sometimes funnier than not. A bleep can be funnier because you fill in the blanks.

Lavender Philtrum fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Dec 12, 2012

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

madeupfred posted:

Cartoon Hangover favorited this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQc0vtWy3ec
Good job guy. :thumbsup:

This is unintentionally funnier than anything on cartoon hangover.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Even though the last episode was kind of rear end,

:colbert:

New episode is actually really making me like this show after being more or less neutral on it so far. Mostly the ending that did it. Feels like Futurama.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

raditts posted:

I like how they're acting as though this is something that has never, ever been tried before.

What? Of course they aired it, how else would so many people remember how terrible it was?

"It aired from June 26, 2003 to August 14, 2003, and was officially canceled a month after it debuted due to its common harsh language, derrière jokes, feces, and mild sexual references."

That was also around the time they aired 'Stripperella'. Christ I forgot about that until just now.

Also, 'Gary the Rat', which has possibly the dumbest synopsis I've ever heard.

"Gary "The Rat" Andrews (voiced by Kelsey Grammer) is a defense attorney who awakens one morning to find that he has somehow transformed into a giant bipedal rat. Gary struggles to deal with his transformation and hold on to his high status."

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
Whoa, I actually didn't realize how many views these episodes have.

1: 1,400,000
2: 768,000
3: 1,400,000
4: 560,000
5: 530,000
6: 412,000
7: 314,000

I'm curious what's with the weird distribution of views. 1.4 million, then 700k, then 1.4 million again?

Socialblade, a site that estimates how much certain channels make from youtube, gives a high estimate of $340k a year and a low estimate of $34k, but their numbers aren't exactly scientific.

Youtube isn't 'funding' it or anything, but I could imagine Frederator might be, and if those numbers are right, considering how expensive I've heard it is to make a cartoon show per episode, this might be a pretty short lived thing. I'm really curious how much they genuinely make per episode on average compared to how much it costs to pay the people involved.

The thing about Youtube is that unlike TV shows which genuinely go up and down in ratings over time directly in correspondence to the quality of the show, youtube subscribers generally only go up, and at a certain point you reach a tipping point where you just start gaining more and more subscribers every day. PewDiePie has 3.9 million subscribers, but 700,000 of those have been from this month alone. You just get exponentially more and more views and subscribers at a certain point and the goal for these startup channels, I think, is to try to hold out as long as possible so they can get to the point where things just keep going on momentum.

Lavender Philtrum fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jan 16, 2013

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
From the site:

Our next six cartoons are coming, and they’re going to punch you right in the funny bone, travel your nerves to the brain, and make you laugh until you have a Cartoon Hangover. We’ve earned that name.

We’re ecstatic to feature the following new 5-minute shorts that’ll premiere starting this spring:

“Bee and Puppycat” It’s a puppy and a cat. Could it get any better? Yes. Fishbowl Space. Created by Natasha Allegri, character designer and storyboard artist for Adventure Time.
“Our New Electrical Morals” Douglas and Business Cat find a baby and ask: “Is that baby generating any profit?” By Mike Rosenthal
“Rocket Dog” Loyal, deranged pet meets bumbling hipster. From the mixed up mind of Mel Roach
“Doctor Lollipop” Two words: Unicorn. Physician. Created by Ms. Kelly Martin
“Ace Discovery” Washed up space adventurer and side kick crash land on a planet of dicks. From Tom Gran & Martin Woolley
“Dead End” The Internet is haunted at Morningwood Road, they must appease the ghost before she makes a meme of them all. Brought to you by Hamish Steele.

Actually pretty interested in this. Will probably watch the pilots of most of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

Cartoon Hangover hasn't really ever been for kids. And also neither has Bravest Warriors. The comics don't even pretend.

The whole point of Cartoon Hangover is that it's a more adult frederator and these cartoons are meant for adults.

You know, hence SUPERFUCKERS, and the name Cartoon Hangover.

• Locked thread