Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Megazver posted:

I WILL ELABORATE DESPITE NO ONE ASKING ME TO

Oh god you are thinking too much:

That thing at the end is a flat out reveal that Puppycat is the outlaw, and if it's anything else that's the case that's really bad storytelling and I kind of hope they're better than that! Also, that head tilt is actually supposed to cement the idea that Puppycat is the outlaw, because we get that shot of the silhouette and Puppycat looking in the same direction.

I get why you came up with the theory, as they do lead you to believe the monster is the outlaw, but that's just a hindsight trick. Nothing the monster does contradicts the idea that Puppycat is the outlaw. For instance, when they say "you make him out to be a hero, when he's really a horrible monster", they are talking about Puppycat. Remember that the other dimension is backwards about a lot of things, so something cute like Puppycat may actually be considered monstrous.

We don't know what that monster is, but we aren't supposed to. Remember that this is temp work (also, think about who would be more likely to do temp work, an outlaw or a space princess?), and that the show runs on dream logic where sometimes things just don't make any sense outside being a vehicle for the story.

About the "bow to me peon" scene, that's just their cat side being expressed.

I'm thinking too much too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's actually kind of impressive how close to being funny Dr. Unicorn got without actually being funny.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

I really dislike animes, but Bee & Puppycat is amazing in spite of the influences.

Bee and Puppycat is what anime would be if anime was good.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

No kidding. For a web-only series I'm shocked at how much funding Bravest Warriors is getting. Happy, but still shocked.

My guess is merchindice. Most of it is really bad to be honest but I can see how it sells. There have been a lot of cartoons over the years that have been great despite the fact that they are essentially advertisements, and I'm glad that it seems to be working again even though you might not realize it's there.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Who was it that did the voice of that horse? I can't recall what else I've heard that voice in, but I've definitely heard it a bunch before.

Victor Caroli, he did narration for Transformers. Cartoon Hangover puts the whole credits for the cartoon in the about section.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bobulus posted:

I actually kinda feel like they're overusing Catbug. I hope I don't get sick of him. :(

They obviously realize that he can't just be cute, and have been putting him in situations where how cute he is is funny (basically making him evil). That might get tiresome, but like, I think he has more staying power than you give him credit for.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Haha if you thought this season had too much Catbug.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That honestly wasn't as weird as I was expecting the big return of the emotion lord to be, and while the details made no sense it was actually easy to follow why characters did things, which kept it rather lucid. All is as it should be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yes, and now the show can focus on better characters. (jk chris is cool)

• Locked thread