Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Ok, Catbug is officially the best character in this show. I mean he's pretty much just one of those anime mascot things, and yet somehow just being voiced by an actual kid instead of an adult making cutesy voices makes him so much more adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
So I just noticed, what ever happened to that AI that lived in Wallow's glove? Did they decide to just axe that part?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Gosh, that was kind of an unfortunate episode. I mean, I actually like when shows try to do "silent" episodes. They can lead to a lot of interesting non-verbal communication. This episode just seems to have done it... wrong, though. They really didn't make much effort to use any extra non-verbal communication. The entire thing is set up as if the dialogue was still there. It really drew my attention to the fact that the dialogue is really half the reason I even like the show. It also showcases how without a little dialogue to ground a situation, the episode was just a big string of non-sequiturs that only vaguely resembled a plot. It couldn't even use dialogue to poke fun at that like it usually does. The fact that the gibberish language was really just more distracting than anything didn't help either. I just rewatched the episode muted, and I think I enjoyed it better that way. I don't know, I think maybe the writers might have just forgotten what makes their show funny for a bit there.

Oh, Bee and Puppycat was great though so I guess that makes up for it.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

So about Bee and Puppycat: Is the monster they fought supposed to be that fish's mother? They said she was supposed to be coming back pretty soon, and the way it talks about "lying to children" implies that it's not the same person as the fish. It's kind of hard to gender nightmarish horrors though so I'm not really sure.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Trippy is for sure. Pretty drat fun though. That's the kind of fast paced absurdist comedy I think works well for the show's format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Well I've reached the point where I don't find Catbug inherently charming or cute.

Nope. Still loving adorable.

• Locked thread