Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
No, no.

Puppycat is the Princess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I WILL ELABORATE DESPITE NO ONE ASKING ME TO:

A) PC calls that bug a 'peon'. B) The Outlaw's reflection is in full profile, while PC just kinda turns away from it a bit and seeing things you're sad about reflected in stuff and then wistfully turning away is a common trope in the type of anime that this subplot seems to be inspired by. C) The scene with the monster makes so much more sense if PC is the Princess and the monster is the Outlaw. The uh, giant TV thing says PC looks different (ran away from the evil king dad and shape shifting all the time?), the monster recognizes PC and is pissed off in a really personal way and the only indication of PC's gender is Bee calling PC "him" - but y'know, it's not easy to tell with cats unless you go investigating and PC's voice is kinda feminine.

As a sidenote - the monster has two mouths and I think the second mouth is actually whispering something different as he's talking.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Soonmot posted:

I enjoyed it more than I did the Bravest Warriors intro. Interested in seeing what it builds too.

The first BW was clever, but unlikeable. This wasn't even clever.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Soonmot posted:

It was likeable, though.

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree that you're wrong. :colbert:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Man, animation is expensive.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

horse noooooo

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Phenotype posted:

Oh wow, really? I thought they were just going for that narrator's voice. It was so spot-on at first I thought it was him, but then the horse changed his voice a little once he injected himself in the scene, so I was sure it was just an impersonation.

Frankly, I thought they were just going for "vaguely Morgan Freeman-esque".

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

axleblaze posted:

That Gif reminds me that the will they/won't they aspect of Bravest Warriors is the things that keeps me from fully embracing it. I mean, I like the series and all but I've always found that to be an annoying trope that is mainly used as a low effort way of attempting to hook the audience and Bravest Warriors just seems to be embracing it without even putting any sort of spin on it.

Yeah. At least they're not using Pixel. (Wallow's annoying glove AI.) It's still actually a part of the show, though, they just couldn't find a place to use it since the pilot.

EDIT: Although Bravest Warriors #009 is all about Beth and smooches.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Nov 3, 2013

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

That... that third panel.

I almost posted just that.

I am a terrible person.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

I call not quite ten.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Mr.Radar posted:

It looks like it ended up at slightly over 9 episodes with just over $873k raised from just over 18k backers. Plus everyone who pledged at the $50 level can get a Blu-ray copy!

Almost halfway to ten. I WON. EVERYTHING.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

BlueInkAlchemist posted:

New Bravest Warriors featuring Danny and the return of Plum.

Plum is in almost every BW comic so far as the fifth member, basically. She's neat.

They're kinda pushing the fact that Cartoon Hangover is a bit more adult than their CN stuff, aren't they? There's the boobs mention and there are the middle fingers.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

If they can get away with this, then they can get away with 'rad boobs'.

Yeah, but this is a hilarious adult in-joke that will probably glide above a lot of kids' heads. Boobs are... boobs.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

Does anyone else have trouble understanding Catbug when he delivers longer lines?

I just checked it the last episode and it turns the subtitles on for me automatically, so no, not really.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Bobulus posted:

I actually kinda feel like they're overusing Catbug. I hope I don't get sick of him. :(

Yes.

They should use more Plum instead. :getin:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It wasn't as dense as the other episodes. It was pretty much six minutes of buildup to one passable joke. It was alright, but it just felt a little barren to me.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
2015 - Catbug! Also featuring Bravest Warriors.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Well I've reached the point where I don't find Catbug inherently charming or cute. At least the story didn't give him a pass for totally loving up the mission.

They need to give it a bit of a rest, yes.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Oh hey, no Catbug and an excellent episode.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

That was a good episode, but are they ever going to expand upon the "Plum has an evil alter-ego" thing? I don't think they've ever mentioned it in the series proper.

I was under the impression that it was less evil and more just a snobbish rear end in a top hat.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

While I liked the episode I feel like the Emotion Lord stuff is pretty weak compared to the dumb space adventures of oother episodes.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan either.

Rita Repulsa posted:

I'm reeeeaaaaalllly tired of the chris and beth crap.

I would like it if they actually did anything with it. I actually like some romance in a story. :allears:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
hey remember when i sperged that puppycat is probably the space king's daughter and not the space outlaw

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG OKAY

GLAD WE FIGURED THIS OUT

:D

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
but the scene with the monster makes more sense if it's the outlaw come on

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/288aws/im_breehn_burns_writer_and_director_of_bravest/

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

ME ME IT WAS ME posted:

What's going to be ratio of mythology episodes to stand-alone episodes in the next season? I must admit I wasn't super enamoured with the Emotion Lord stuff and how much time it got.

"My goal for season three is to make megazver super enamoured"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

MindTheGap posted:

Thank you so much for this!

If you look through his history he's very active in /r/bravestwarriors, answering questions and what not. He also did another AMA earlier. A couple more AMAs that might interest you are by Fred Seibert and Natasha Allegri promoting the Bee and Puppycat Kickstarter and Fred Seibert on his own. (Fred produces all this poo poo.)

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

WarpedNaba posted:

Concur, the aesthetics are pleasant. Although everyone seems to live super extravagantly for folks who have constant money problems.

Not sure why Bee is now super chubby, though.

She's, uh, the same shape her creator is.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Tollymain posted:

That's chubby? Okay.

In not-US, kinda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Midseason Finale "Cats" - Bee and PuppyCat - Ep. 4

• Locked thread