Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Hard Clumping posted:

Was the 4:3 that much of a deal breaker? There's been a lot of whining about it the past few pages; how did any of you watch tv before like 2003? Is Citizen Kane permanently off your watch list?

grilldos posted:

Yeah man it's bad enough my TV is a black frame surrounded by the various colors and junk on my entertainment system. I don't need no more plain uniform black. That's the line.

I can see how someone with a widescreen, used to watching widescreen, would be annoyed by the old format. Even Simon acknowledges it. And on top of that you're both posting like idiots. Just shut up and deal with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Skeesix posted:

I think it's just Simon loving with the fans because he wants people to think still more deeply about his work. That is, the trains are about institutions but there are other metaphors that are still uncovered and him just saying "yup, that's it" would kill the discussion.

Mouzone's 'slow train coming' scene still makes me wonder. What (metaphorical) train? Slow? Where is it coming to? In context he's probably just mocking the city's attempts at reform but the dialog is sort of a mindfuck.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
Speaking of Mouzone, I need the background music from the final scene of season two episode nine, when Bunny leaves the towers and Mouzone makes his first appearance. I made a good effort to track it down during my original run years ago but came up empty. I'm not the only one.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

TommyGun85 posted:

it should be listed in the credits

It's not, I don't think music is ever listed in the credits. I've pulled everything from IMDB but that particular track isn't listed anywhere.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

TommyGun85 posted:

is it the greek song youre looking for?

You're off by a few episodes, and characters, and places.

Basebf555 posted:

Of course I realize nobody will read anything I just said because an inch above it is Omar Pony.

If it makes you feel any better, I scrolled down the reply page and noticed your post.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Jose Oquendo posted:

The only thing funnier than Davis' 'sheeeeeit' is when Carcetti's aide, Norman Wilson does an impression of it.

Honorable mention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN5eYFH8HZ8

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Jimmy crashing his car is the funniest scene.

A shitbox teal Cavalier, intentionally rammed into a pillar of cement twice, and it's still drivable and continues to show up scene after scene. I don't understand why that car had to live to see another day but Nick Sobotka's badass post-apocalyptic LeSabre doesn't start one morning and promptly gets replaced with a bro truck. Season 2's most heartbreaking tragedy right there.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Cage posted:

I skipped through a lot of Carcetti stuff about midway through when he showed up. I kept waiting for something interesting but nope its all boring.

Don't skip scenes. Carcetti eventually becomes interesting, and his story is critical to the overall narrative. He's one of the hardest characters to break down and fully understand - but he's a politician, that's how they do.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Red Crown posted:

Alright, I'm gonna ask: Is Snoop (the character and not the person) meant to be a sociopath?

I thought Snoop was a sociopath when she first appeared but in the final episode, she took her impending death with such calm and dignity, that it shattered my perception of her. It felt tragic in some way, like she was just a pawn all along.

NOTinuyasha fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jan 16, 2015

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

Jerusalem posted:

Rawls: You're not actually killing them yourself, are you Jimmy? Tell me that much at least.

Wonderful! We've eliminated one suspect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
In case you missed it, David Simon didn't waste much time taking a proverbial chainsaw to Martin O'Malley for the mess in Baltimore. As in, Martin O'Malley, the Baltimore politician Carcetti was more or less based on. They've exchanged shots in the past but it's one hell of an interview.