Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

escape artist posted:

Jerusalem, I don't know how to link to individual posts, so if you could link to all of your recaps, I'll update the OP with them.

Just click the "#" icon under a post and it will put a link to that post in your address bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It was Daniels at some point in season three.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

escape artist posted:

That's what I was thinking. Maybe McNulty was referring to Judge Phelan?

Yeah, he was, but I don't remember the exact context.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

bettsta posted:

There's this sequence somewhere in season 2 (I think) that's really telling of McNulty's character - he convinces his ex-wife he's changed (that he's cut out heavy drinking and sleeping around), they sleep together, she tells him she doesn't want to get back together, and he immediately goes on a binge, wrecks his car (twice) and has a one night stand with a waitress. He sees what he wants, and either he gets it or fucks everything over.

I love the scene where he wrecks the car. He doesn't just get into two accidents because he's driving drunk. He gets into the exact same accident twice because he needs to prove that he was right, even though there's absolutely nobody else there to prove it to. He can't be at fault, it must be the world around him that is wrong somehow.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

From what I remember, Sydnor had no idea the wiretap wasn't legitimate, didn't he? Lester and McNulty kept him in the dark so that if things went south, only they would suffer?

He knew that the wiretap was illegal, but I don't think he knew anything about the connection to the serial killer case.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I believe there was also a scene some time later where McNulty or Lester mentioned the serial killer and Sydnor seemed confused and asked what that had to do with the Stanfield investigation.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

SpookyLizard posted:

Thats not the scene we're talking about. Thats how major crimes finds out about Hamsterdam, i belive.

Yes, but the point is that it only became entrapment for Bodie because they had let him go earlier.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Fragmented posted:

Wait what? We never see Bodie get arrested at the hamsterdam cop orgy. When they get stopped going into hamsterdam is the only thing he got out of. Unless i somehow missed a scene somewhere.

He gets stopped going into Hamsterdam by Major Crimes but Bunny convinces them to let him go. Later on, he's arrested when Hamsterdam gets broken up. I don't remember if they specifically show him being arrested, but the scene where he brings up entrapment is when everybody from the Hamsterdam arrests are being questioned.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Bodie was definitely not high enough up in the organization to be there with Avon.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

And for your own good, stay out if this thread until you've watched it.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

escape artist posted:

What about when he dismissed Bushmills as "Protestant Whiskey", preferring the Irish Catholic choice Jameson?

That's not necessarily a religious thing per se. "Irish Catholic" is a culture that many people identify as, even if they don't have strong religious beliefs.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

According to David Simon, he was going to be Cheese's son, but it never actually made it into the show.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/03/the-wire-david.html

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Patriot is incredible and it’s a drat shame more people don’t know about it.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

He was a CI though, even if he hadn’t been one for long. If I remember right, McNulty just didn’t technically know the info actually came from him (he just was able to put two and together), and he completely blew up the “confidential” part because it made for a stronger case.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Xiahou Dun posted:

But he still tries to gently caress her. Obviously.

It’s just a one-off flier though.

I have no memory of that, so I guess I have no choice but to rewatch the whole series again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

I have nothing to add to that other than wanting to chime in and say that Season Two is loving amazing and, personally, my fave season.

Yep. A lot of people struggle with season two on their first watch because the change of focus (and theme song) is so unexpected and jarring, but it is a strong contender for best season.