Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

I like to think he does care about the people whose murders he tries to solves. Rewatching season 2 and he seemed dead set on figuring out the identity of the first Jane Doe so she wouldn't have an anonymous burial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

That was the point. Wallace knew something the other boys didn't, showing the viewer that he's a bright young'un

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

On the drive home, I had a random thought. Prop Joe infuriated me during season 5. He went out of his way to become disposable, how did he not see that? The guy was the only connect to a consistent flow of narcotics and after all those seasons, he decided to give it up to some young punk. I don't get it.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Slim knew his strengths and politicking wasn't it. He's like Wee-Bay and Chris, the general who oversaw the army.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Chris has his family that he seemed to enjoy being around. He was worried that Omar would go after them. He's a stone cold killer, but not completely dead inside.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Brother Mouzone and Wee-Bey get dropped on by Omar, too. No shame in that.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

I think a lot of those "real" stories boil down to all of them being in the wrong zipcode, like the Junebug murders.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

To be fair, Carcetti doesn't murder people on a whim.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

There are bits of Stalinism as well. He's the big brother on the streets, always watching. Complete with near mythical secret police in Snoop and Chris. If you cross him, he'll literally make you disappear. Since it's folks from the wrong zip code, it's like you never existed at all.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

It seems to me more like Slim, Wee-Bay, Chris all knew what they were doing was some evil poo poo and accepted it as a job. They are killers and they make no qualms about it.

Snoop, who may be a part of the newer generation, didn't see it as such. She doesn't empathize like the others do. She doesn't see a problem with killing. Hell, if given the word, she would probably try to murder Clay Davis. She wouldn't see the difference in murder and assassination.

Remember that scene when she and Chris were hiding out from Omar? Chris is distraught, worried about his family. Snoop didn't understand why Chris was so upset and mentioned that they should bring gifts to his kids. Chris had to explain why he couldn't see his family.

Edit: also, Chris beat Bug's dad to death, not Dukie's

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

Dexter sucks but season 4 is amazing. I recommend watching that season alone. John Lithgow is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

"There's a b in subtle?"