Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Bleh Maestro posted:

Why is Kenard so hard at age 8 or 10 when the rest of the kids really aren't that bad until their teens or so and even then a lot of them are just acting hard or putting on a front so they don't get targeted as weak.

I think Kenard was just sociopathic. It's what made the difference between Avon and Stringer and Marlo and his crew, and even the difference between Marlo and Snoop or Chris. Kenard probably started acting hard because he was imitating the older kids on the corner, like everyone else, and when he took a few beatings and poo poo became real, it turned out he was one of the few who respond much differently to violence than most people. It means he certainly has the potential to end up like Marlo or one of the big killers, but I thought it also showed how that kind of sociopath was rewarded by their environment, getting to run the biggest drug gang or kill the superhero while he was buying cigarettes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Skeesix posted:

My one of those was casting the real Bmore drug kingpin as that preacher that gets Cutty the space for his gym.

Wait, what?

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Oh, it wasn't that bad. Fight scenes were solid, cinematography was good, gunslinging tricks were good. The main issue I had with it was that it felt like they were afraid to let it become an "epic," so they never gave the scenes enough time to breathe, just bring the characters in immediately before an action setpiece and then end the scene without giving much backstory or sense of the world around them. I thought he was a great Roland, just let down by the producers and screenwriters. I'm not sure why a movie as trite as Aquaman deserves 2.5 hours to tell a story, and all the mythology of the Dark Tower needs to get shaved off so they can fit it into a 90-minute package, but that wasn't Idris Elba's fault.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Yep, that's fair. They were so set on making it into a quick disposable summer action movie that they didn't let it be anything more than "Cowboy goes after evil wizard". It wasn't a bad movie though, it was a perfectly serviceable generic summer action movie. It was just incredibly disappointing for fans.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

escape artist posted:

Glad I'm not the only one hearing this!

Every. Single. Time. Got that pannnndemic!