Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Skeesix posted:

I was thinking about this shot just recently - that Chris is so cautious about this particular detail betrays a relative ease he has about the rest of the crime. Specifically, he must feel pretty secure that he didn't leave any DNA at the rest of the vacants. this in addition to how readily he digs up Sergei from the courthouse records suggests that Chris has a past with law enforcement! I don't necessarily mean that he used to be a cop or anything, but maybe his father was? Maybe he had an internship somewhere or went to the academy? Given how people have said that Gbenga will talk to people on Twitter, I'm tempted to ask if this was part of whatever backstory he had cooked up for Chris.

Well...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Alan Sepinwall will be hosting The Wire cast reunion tonight at 7:15 PM Eastern. A livestream is provided in the link.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
I know that some characters will say the same line, like Clay Davis and Namond saying that they'll take any motherfucker's money. I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Lester and Rawlings say the same thing about that one LTs beachhouse. They both ask him and then immediately interrupt him.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85FzjM-GkCk

Screen Prism is doing a series on The Wire. They're starting off with McNulty and Good Police

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
That look when he realizes that the commissioner in season one wasn’t going to say anything to Kimas girlfriend and knows he’ll have to do it himself.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Excellent long form piece of Baltimore's Gun Trace Task Force and holy poo poo, I don't even think Simon and Co would think this level of stuff up

And people keep saying that the serial killer part was unrealistic

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!
Chad Coleman is also in The Expanse which is a great show that everyone should watch. He also showed up in a couple of Its Always Sunny episodes, one of which contains a joke about black shows not winning awards.

Ellis is one of the soldiers from Generation Kill and he also played J. Edgar Hoover in Boardwalk Empire, I think.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Kevyn posted:

Wait, Ellis? As in Sgt. Ellis Carver? He played J. Edgar Hoover? Interesting casting choice.

Ellis in L4D2 although I’m sure Carver could’ve done a great job.

banned from Starbucks posted:

I dunno who "ellis" is but that actor was never in the wire.

Yeah, no poo poo. I didn’t say he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

What you were referring to was extremely non-obvious to anyone reading, even if someone did mention l4d earlier. There's no reason to get l4d from this context unless you are so familiar with the game that the name "Ellis" instantly reminds you of it even in a thread about an unrelated tv show with its own main character named Ellis. That's why there was confusion here.

Sorry, I thought it would be obvious since it was directly after the post talking about l4d