Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
It's weird how little time the show spends in the towers, given how important they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The show spends a lot of time around schools, docks, and junkies nobody gives a poo poo about. Obviously I meant the towers are important to the game and the characters.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
There's a similar scene in The Longest Day, where a GI shoots a German soldier and then asks what "bitte" means. In that scene, though, it's depicted as a genuine misunderstanding, and the American is sincere in his question. The scene in SPR feels like a deliberate response to that.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm not even Greek

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Jewmanji posted:

Best cold open is S4E01 when Snoop is in the hardware store buying the nail gun. “He said if you wanna shoot nails this here’s the Cadillac. He meant Lexus but he don’t know it”.

My aunt once attempted to watch the show, and from her description I think that was the first scene she saw.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I'm willing to forgive a lot of S5's bullshit for that scene where McNulty confesses to Scott, and tells him how high the conspiracy goes, all with a poo poo-eating grin because he knows Scott can never follow up on the story of a lifetime.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
The jihad will not save you, Paul. It won’t make you whole, it won’t fill your rear end up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

StashAugustine posted:

The serial killer plot line is entirely worth it for the scenes where Carcetti and the reporter find out about it

"You haven't started killing them yourself, McNulty, at least assure me of that"