Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW

Skeesix posted:

One of the things that always intrigued me about that scene was that he made the sign of the cross before starting off, as if to ask forgiveness in advance. At least part of the reason is that he never really displayed any religious tendencies before!

Honestly I never interpreted that as being particularly religious. Seemed more of a 'just in case' deal, more of a psychological exercise rather than a religious one. He's basically resigning himself to the course of action, kind of a 'better to ask forgiveness than permission' thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW

Jerusalem posted:

Or maybe I'm putting too much stock in a still image that just happened to catch them in a particular position during the scene v:shobon:v

With any other show I'd say this was the case, but The Wire pays insane attention to details like that so you may be onto something.