Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goons Are Great
Jan 1, 1970

I started watching The Wire two years ago when I went through season 1 in about one week, afterwards I dropped watching it for some weird reason and now I finally bothered to try it again with season 2.
I just finished the last episode and now I feel drat empty, having finished the best thing I've ever watched.

I can't decide whether I love Prop Joe, Stringer Bell or Tommy Carcetti the most, but the way they manipulate and move up the ranks is glorious. Not to mention Clay Davis' "Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeet".

I'm considering an immediate re-watch now along with a friend, to haul him into it and fill the void.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Great
Jan 1, 1970

So, in the rewatch a question came up for me: In season three, shortly before the primarys, state delegate Watkins breaks up with Royce for several reasons. One of these where some flyer which made Watkins raging around. What exactly was his problem about that flyer? I never got that scene, although it might be drat obvious.
It's in season 4 episode 4 around 32 minutes.

Goons Are Great
Jan 1, 1970

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It had Eunetta Perkins on it as on his ticket instead of Marla Daniels, who Royce had promised Watkins he'd back. He put whichever candidate was polling higher in a given district on his fliers for that district, instead of supporting the candidate he promised he would.

Oh I see, I wasn't aware Watkins would be supporting Lady Daniels there for whatever reason. Her career is kind of shady around that for me.

Goons Are Great
Jan 1, 1970

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

There's a bunch of things that show that. He asks Royce earlier to drop Eunetta and he says no. He has Daniels help Cutty with the permits for his gym, and they are together there. (He complains about Eunetta there was well, something like "Do you know Miss Perkins? No? Few do these days" as if Cutty would have any shot of knowing his councilperson.)

drat right, I remember this. I wonder how I couldn't realize this small connection line between politicians and semi-criminals like Cutty. Looks like it's time to re-rewatch the third season.

Goons Are Great
Jan 1, 1970

Comrade Question posted:

I'm on a rewatch again, but if it weren't for this thread I probably would never have figured out that Chris is basically making all the decisions for Marlo. I don't think it's ever addressed and the body language is easy to miss.

That's drat true. I first realized that when Chris was giving advice to Marlo and I think there is like one scene in the whole show where Marlo gives Chris an actual order (end of season 5, watching out for Omar) and even that bit was put in question by Chris for a second.
Interestingly, he puts himself as "just a soldier" everytime talking about the power structure in their organization.