Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Couple questions about season 2 that I still can't wrap my head around, even though I'm on my fourth or fifth rewatch.

Currently watching Episode 10, "Storm Warnings"

1) The FBI guy from San Francisco. He gets called about the electronics shop owner (Gleikas) and then next thing I know he's busting the container full of raw. Was this one of the good containers that was supposed to get delivered to the greeks but they gave it up to to get the scent off them? How are the greeks and the FBI guy connected?

2) Stringer wants good product from Prop Joe. Avon says gently caress no, not gonna share territory. Stringer does it anyways. Avon gets Brother Mouzzone out as protection for the towers. So now, what it looks like to me is Prop Joe is thinking 'wtf happened? I had a deal with Stringer to share territory and my nephew just got shot'. That part isn't making sense at all either.

Anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

MrBling posted:

In episode 9, which is where they tip off Agent Koutris, The Greek and Spiros are talking about how their Colombian cartel partners are unreliable so as a thank you to Koutris for tipping them off about the wiretap (remember, Fitz called Koutris and asked about Double G earlier in the episode) they give him this huge drug bust. It doesn't hurt them in any way and it makes life easier for their man inside the FBI.

As for Prop Joe he is a smart man. He knows who Mouzone is and since he is protecting Avons turf he also knows that Stringer didn't hire him. He correctly deduces that Stringer also can't actively do anything to move against Mouzone which is why they come up with the whole Omar thing.

Ah ok, that all makes a lot more sense. Thanks. Still doesn't make sense why Prop Joe didn't seem a little more pissed off about his nephew getting shot though. Even though, a few episodes earlier, I recall him saying family is a pain in the rear end to deal with, so maybe he just saw it as ends justifying the means.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Also, the deal the greeks want to give Frank Sobotka wouldn't have even mattered, right? Ziggy had signed a sworn loving statement saying he shot the two guys in the shop. However, I'm guessing Frank and Spiros weren't privy to that information.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So I'm not going to go through the whole thread, but did anyone ever find out the reason for the trains and train tracks coinciding with the episodes?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

awesmoe posted:

:iiaca: ? What do you mean?

From the first page:

escape artist posted:

"Reform, Lamar, Reform."

<----Check the av.

Also, I remember David Simon saying, basically, that his intended interpretation of the train metaphor, well, the fans of the show have never come close to being correct on it. So that should definitely be a nut that we collectively try to crack.

I always thought the train was the institution, and if you don't get out of its way, it will demolish you. But apparently Simon has heard that metaphor, and it is not what he intended the trains to symbolize. We'll keep the trains in mind as we move through the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

What the gently caress did they put on the dog that killed cheese’s dawg?