Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Herc doesn't know enough to know he ought to know better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Just finished a rewatch and goddamn McNulty is a pathetic piece of poo poo

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I'm trying to put my finger on exactly why I hate McNulty more than the street guys, even though the vast majority of them are inarguably worse people.

I guess maybe it's because they are essentially more honest, especially with themselves. Also they don't act like spoiled children for the majority of their screentime.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I think Breaking Bad is great, but a little too fantastical to really be compared to The Wire.

What about The Sopranos?

Lemon
May 22, 2003

drjuggalo posted:

i tried for years to get into 'good' television but its all rear end to me, the sopranos is too racist for my tastes (is it supposed to be like an idealization of mob movies? )

D'you mean like the characters being racist, or the show itself? I'd be interested to hear more. As for what it's supposed to be, it's basically a character study of a sociopath.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Cheese never bought a nail gun. A scene like that goes a long way for a character.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

ilmucche posted:

valchek is such an rear end in a top hat over a goddamn mirror. Can't get over how terrible he is

Valchek is an absolute all-timer TV show rear end in a top hat, he is outstanding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Count Roland posted:

You know, they did it more than once in S2. After Ziggy shoots the Greek guy there's some camera effects as he's freaking out about it. Maybe appropriate that both cousins get that treatment.

I normally hate that choppy slow-mo effect with a passion when it shows up in anything, but it felt perfectly used in that scene.