Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Hard Clumping posted:

Was the 4:3 that much of a deal breaker? There's been a lot of whining about it the past few pages; how did any of you watch tv before like 2003? Is Citizen Kane permanently off your watch list?
Once a better thing comes out it sometimes makes it hard to go back to enjoying not so good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Cromulent posted:

Just got to season 5 on my rewatch, and I did the same thing I do every time I rewatch...everything's fine and good, I'm enjoying it, and then it cuts to the reporters outside smoking "Oh yeah, the newspaper...gently caress." I really hate everyone involved in the newspaper. Maybe it's because of the lack of characterization (less episodes, less screen time compared to police/schools), but I hate all newspaper scenes, I hate the lingo, hate the characters, hate everything about it.
I skipped through a lot of Carcetti stuff about midway through when he showed up. I kept waiting for something interesting but nope its all boring.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Red Crown posted:

I just now finished my first watch of this show, and god drat.

Afterwords I looked up everyone on IMDB, to see where they landed. Uh, didn't know that Snoop (in the show as Snoop Pearson) is...actually named Felicia Pearson, and is actually from the streets, and actually loving killed a guy :stare:
It shouldn't matter much because it makes her a terrible person either way, but she killed a girl and only "turned her life around" after her drug dealer friend got murdered.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

TommyGun85 posted:

someone missed the ENTIRE point The Wire was trying to make. I guess you just thought it was a show about black people selling drugs and killing each other.
Whos talking about the wire? Im talking about a real life killer playing a killer on tv.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

zenguitarman posted:

That sound Herc makes when he's moving the desk makes me laugh every single time.

I love that I can just right click "sound Herc makes when hes moving the desk" and search google for it and usually it works.

This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhkndQ3LML8&t=76s

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Im sure its been discussed but I'm watching Oz right now, and its great how many people from The Wire are showing up. So far the weirdest one was Avon Barksdale showing up as a prison guard for about 10 seconds just to bring an inmate a gun and then literally never show up again.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWXeRztPbcQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I work at a college library, and someone from another library requested our collection of the wire the other day. :thumbsup: