Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Question: in Mission Accomplished, the last episode of S3, Bunny is irked by McNulty when he explained that he showed Avon that Stringer was the CI on the warrant. Bunny says something like "Always cutting corners, Bushy Top."

What's the problem? They both know Avon is locked up and Stringer is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
The Sopranos improves and gets darker in the later seasons.

The creator David Chase was sickened by and became disillusioned with the audience loving and rooting for Tony. If I may oversimplify it, the show grows more and more explicit with stating These People Are Monsters And You Should Not Be Cheering For Them.

I shift on my #1, but in my TV opinion, it's The Wire and The Sopranos at the top and everything else is a way distant 3rd.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

deoju posted:

I rewatched the Sopranos recently, Wire alums pop up in bit parts here and there.

Bodie jacks a truck in the first episode.
Rawls works as a Distract Attorney.
Omar shelters Jackie Jr when he has to hide.
Detective Crutchfield works as a bookie.
Horse Face plays Tony's high school football coach.
Business Card Homeless Man (that's really the name of the character) plays another mentally character in season 6.

Bonus: Maury Levy voices a beaver in a commercial for an insomnia medication that plays in one scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khY4dAdfDTE

There's one you missed:

Michael B. Jordan!

During a rewatch a few years ago, I was watching the credits and I saw his name. I rewound the episode, and he's there. I'm searching now, and its on his IMDB page as his first actor credit.

It's the S1 episode Down Neck. In Tony's flashback, he's following his dad around town. At one point, young Tony starts being followed and called names by a couple of kids. MBJ is one of them. A very bit part, but cool nonetheless.

Always interesting how HBO reuses their actors.

edit- Another fun note, Lady Gaga is among AJ's friends one episode, I believe when they break into the school and throw stuff in the pool. But no, as far as I know, there's no Gaga on The Wire.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
S2 also had a scene with Ziggy explaining to his cousin Nick what an internet search is.

I remember doing a rewatch with a friend 10 years ago and during that scene he turned to me and asked "uhhh when was this made?"