Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I'm rewatching right now because hey, never a bad time to go through The Wire, and goddamn, the look on Beadie's face when she sees Sobotka's corpse is heartbreaking. Amy Ryan is such a great actress. Anybody who hasn't seen her in Gone Baby Gone needs to watch; she plays the complete opposite of her type on The Wire and The Office and is jaw-droppingly good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Orange Devil posted:

Ride of the Valkyries refers to Apocalypse Now, a movie set in another pointless war that couldn't be won.

Rawls even explicitly quotes Lt. Kilgore ("Outstanding, red team, outstanding, get you a case of beer for that one").

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Ainsley McTree posted:

It still seems crazy that for everything Avon did, he ends up only having to serve a max of 7 years in prison.

And also that, in a show about institutional failure, I'm upset that a character isn't spending enough time in prison

We don't know that Avon is serving only 7 years. In fact, the parole violation means that his minimum is the remainder of his original 7 year sentence. They never got into what else he was charged with or convicted of.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
Underrated funny moment is when Chris and Snoop are asking NY dealers a question about a local radio show to weed them out and this guy answers correctly but Snoop doesn't have a clue and immediately sticks a gun in his face

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

surf rock posted:

- In episode 12, Stringer tells Dee that their main stash got hit by the cops, but we know that the task force specifically avoided that one.

They *wanted* to hold back on it. Carver snitched on them to the Deputy Ops. You see him yelling at Daniels in his office in the basement saying "DON'T BULLSHIT ME!"

been years since I rewatched this show but I've seen it about five times through so I remembered that immediately lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

iirc the Xerox polygraph trick was used in Homicide: Life On The Street and in turn was based on a real life trick used by I think the Detroit PD. The McDonalds drive-by is just a variant on the psychological tricks detectives use to elicit confessions

They do something similar in LA Confidential.