Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I haven't read the rest of the thread because I don't want to be spoiled, but my wife and I have been watching an episode or two a night the last couple of weeks and just finished season 2 last night. The episode re-caps that have been put together in this thread are amazing, and I have really enjoyed coming in the next day and reading back through the episode that I watched the night before. It has been really helpful pointing out some of the little details we might have missed or even helping dissecting some of the scenes for us.

Season 3 starts tonight and I'm excited already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Hopefully that means we are getting a Blu-Ray release in the near future.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I ran across The Wire FAQ on IMDB today and it's pretty interseting if you haven't read it:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0306414/faq?ref_=tt_faq_sm

It explains a few things that were not outright explained in the series.

This was interesting. I totally glossed over that fact in season 3 when Mouzone's guy goes in the gay bar looking for Omar and then it cuts to Rawls in the same bar. I even remember seeing it and wondering what he was doing there.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Finndo posted:

I'm willing to bet it's pretty much the same reason straight people go to bars!

What I meant is I never put two and two together. It was obviously a gay bar, but why Rawls would have been there was oblivious to slow me.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I was bored and started watching random Wire clips and came across this gem with some of the cast from early last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p7cRF3-v6s

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Just hit season 3 of my first re-watch (it's been about 5 years) and my wife's first watch. I love paying attention to all the little details I missed the first time through, but I'm really loving my wife's reaction to stuff through out the show. She's already called out Littlefinger as being a slimeball as soon as he showed up just based on GoT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

I pointed out to my wife in season 2 that Dominic West is an English actor so his fake British accent was an American bastardization of a British accent was all that much better in this scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBL2Wq5YjSw