Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

freebooter posted:

Watched the episode where Kima gets shot again, and it's interesting to note McNulty's reaction. The rewatch in this thread was the first time I ever noticed how much he completely goes to pieces in the following episode with his insubordination and open drinking etc; I didn't really pay attention to it when I first watched it because there's too much other interesting stuff going on in that episode to pay attention to McNulty's drama (the excellent hospital scene aside - which is really more about Rawls). But it's worth noting that in the heat of the moment McNulty doesn't miss a beat: relays instructions to dispatch perfectly, immediately performs CPR on Kima. It's only later that he comes down with his PTSD, filtered through his own solipsist lens.

I dunno. Am I alone in finding him a sympathetic character all the way to the end of the series? Like, never 100% on board with him (especially in season 5) but I still think he's on okay person who means well.

Real poe-leese have sorted muscle memory for instant crisis response and then spend decades in therapy or bars trying to sort out their brain.

My wife and I wanted McNulty to both succeed and go to jail in the last few episodes of season 5, so we were still rooting for him. The only time I was not sympathetic was when he was hurting Beatrice.

Edit: unrelated: Just finished, and I'm kinda glad they never again discussed Bill Rawls' after-hours activities after one off-duty scene. It kept the mystery alive.

CharlieWhiskey fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

olin posted:

I don't understand Marlo in season 5. The greek guy gives him a phone and Marlo is all "I dont talk on the phone." The greek guy tells him he can talk about things that aren't business. Then like 1 episode later Marlo is all the sudden using phones with all of his crew sending pictures that give the locations of drug buys. Why did Marlo just immediately stop following his own rules?

My guess is that he thought encrypted codes were okay.

I wish they would have foreshadowed the map bit by having police frequently finding they same Baltimore map edition at drug scenes. Or maybe they did and I missed it. I barely spotted Bill Rawls in the gay bay.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
Sorry if this was posted a few years ago: https://youtu.be/DWmryAVUoL8

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Harold Stassen posted:

I finished the second half of S5 the night Templeton won the Oscar which was kind of weirdly serendipitous. I like how everyone knew which guy I was talking about with the vaguest description possible and also that his resume is more impressive than that one character would suggest.

I love the names for the product and how they evolve with the times:

WMD - 2003 Iraq invasion
Swing State - 2004 presidential election
Greenhouse Gas - 2006 An Inconvenient Truth (gas up!)
Troop Surge - 2007 Iraq troop surge

I would have to write a thesis to succinctly explain why I think this is so funny/brilliant

Yeah, lemme get that Syrian Exodus and a Thailand Tsunami

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

The SituAsian posted:

He's a legit B+ lister so that' nice :)

I always thought that Tristan Wilds would have been the one who got the big break after he was on that 90210 reboot but what can you do. But he's apparently doing really well as a musician so :) :)

https://soundcloud.com/mackwilds

He was also in the video for Adele's "Hello".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world
I thought Koutris was straight up corrupt, not massaging a crime lord for intel.