Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Just finished the series watching on Hulu over the last month or so. I had watched S1 and enjoyed it many years ago but just didn't continue it.

I have some minor nitpicks with the show but overall found it pretty solid.

There's an interesting combination of established actors who you've probably seen in other TV series or films, and actors who either come from outside TV/film or just haven't done any mass-media at all.

Not all the plots have satisfying endings, but considering a large chunk of this series is based on real life, sometimes that's how real life is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

christmas boots posted:

David Simon had an axe to grind and he was a little too close to the subject matter. In particular Scott Templeton is sort of cobbled together from a bunch of other reporters that blatantly made up quotes and scenes and even won Pulitzers before being caught.

That one scene where they literally name 3-4 of them was a bit on the nose. Like we get it, this dude is a Stephen Glass stand-in. You don't need to reference it by name.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Mike N Eich posted:

I was rewatching the first episode of the series recently and couldn't fuckin handle the fact that they were doing paperwork on loving typewriters at the beginning of the series

I was working in a hospital in 2006 and we all had to be trained on how to use a typewriter because certain medical records were still transcribed using them.

Government and NGOs often are way behind the times when it comes to technology.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

surf rock posted:

- Speaking of waiting for the other shoe to drop, Brother Mouzone is back! He's kind of a cartoon character, but it's still fun.

There's some pretty wild stuff surrounding the Nation Of Islam, which Mouzone is implied to be a part of.