Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

From rewatching it, I now remember why Freaman was my favorite character right from the get-go. He's just hanging out, making his doll furniture while McNulty and Greggs are talking about what a 'hump' he is right in front of him. He doesn't say anything, just goes out and finds a picture of Avon.

This is probably one of the funniest scenes to me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yWp-Byg0Sc

And I don't remember exactly what episode in season 3 it was, but that part where they first get Bubbles to go into Hamsterdam is just great cinematography. It's like he's pushing a shopping cart through Hell.

E: Does anyone else hate the pronunciation of Carcetti? In my head I always think 'Car-setty' not 'Car-ketty'

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

empty baggie posted:

After completing my 11th rewatch of The Wire a few weeks ago, I started going through ESPN's 30 for 30 series on Netflix, and tonight I watched the Randy Moss episode titled Rand University. As the narrator started speaking, I thought, "that sounds like Omar". Sure enough, Michael Kenneth Williams was the narrator. Funny enough, I also kept thinking, "man, Randy Moss sounds just like senator Clay Davis." He speaks briefly in this preview clip. Anyone else hear it? It comes out more in the full episode, but I just thought it was weird that the whole time watching it, all I could think about was Omar and Clay Davis.

http://youtu.be/ES5HPkICZtY

30 for 30 docs are awesome. I never thought I'd give a crap about a Nascar guy in one of the ones on Netflix, but they sure proved me wrong! I also tend to get distracted by 'I know that voice!' with narrators.

My question about my latest rewatch on The Wire is were Poot and Namond the only two that managed to 'get out' of the life? As in the only ones not dead/using/imprisoned/still involved in drugs?

Also, every rewatch makes me love Andre Royo's work more and more. The NA scene where he finally opens up about Sherrod always makes me sad. His whole looking towards the entrance, hoping his sister would show up...

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cartouche posted:

No doubt. My wife is not fond of the show, so I get to watch it all on my lonesome without distraction. Will definitely be rewatching.

Now all done with S3 and so far it has been my favorite. S2 was kind of eh and only the last few eps were compelling to me. Just didn't care about the new characters beyond the female port cop, who I was really glad to see McNulty pay a visit to at the end of S3.

Really enjoyed the Cutty arc.

PS: Legalize Drugs. Unironically.

My memory is lacking on Cutty. Did he ever show up again after he got shot in the leg after one of the boys tried to get him to back off?

I rewatched the clip of Bubbles at his AA/NA meeting, and Royo knocked it out of the park, talking about his friend's death. I get a little misty when he's talking about how he used to hang out in the park in the summer and he's so drat wistful about it.

I recently went through Oz again, and it's funny because I forgot so many actors showed up in both shows.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Cartouche posted:

Seeing as I haven't watched past S3 yet... :shrug:
he showed up in The Walking Dead and died like a chump.

Agreed on WD he went out as a chump. Especially after his big speech to try and help the guy from Everybody Hates Chris.

Though it gave us the moment of brilliancy that was

'Can you hold him?!'
'Yeah.'
*drops him immediately*

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Speaking of Cheese, was there any mention if/how he was related to Randy?

I know they had the same last name, but I'm starting S4 rewatch, and either it's never mentioned/just implied or I missed it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Strawman posted:

Randy is cheese's kid. The writers have mentioned it but it didn't come up in the show.

I must have been conflating it with Wee-Bey and Namond.

Speaking of Wee-Bey, how has Hassan Johnson not gotten more work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

algebra testes posted:

I'm watching Homicide. I don't mean to jump to conclusions after half an episode but it seems pretty great.

Andre Braugher :discourse:

Edit: Polito being fired on NBC's insistence sucks though, he is great.

Is it finally streaming somewhere?

One thing that completely slipped my mind until my rewatch last month was the Munch cameo in S5.