Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Also, I just noticed that Gundam does have his earring right up to the point everyone starts eating. They seem to have actually changed his sprite to reflect this. If that's important, we know roughly when he lost it.

Wow, they did. A comparison:

Pretty nice attention to detail there. My guess is that it'll be used to frame him for murder, since otherwise they could have simply not bothered with him losing it.

And while people are speculating about what's going on outside the room, I'm more worried about what happened inside. Hinata mentions seeing something shocking in front of him, and Sonia's choice of words ("T...That's...!!") indicates that something's there that shouldn't be, rather than that she's noticed that something/someone is missing.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 20, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

enterthemirror posted:

That's what's in Togami's box.

The only thing that can possibly be in Togami's box is hope. Duh.

Gadvac
Feb 18, 2013

orenronen posted:

LET'S DO IT!!
He-llo, Ms. Fanservice.

Anyhow, the party was pretty fun and cute while it lasted. At least we get that much.
I can't see Togami dying quite so soon. He seems like he'll become even more important to the story later on, especially if he knows/remembers what happened. If nothing else, I don't expect that Monobear will be pleased by his presence, if he isn't annoyed already. Strange that he doesn't seem to show even the slightest interest in Togami, though.

CandyCrazy posted:

Pretty nice attention to detail there. My guess is that it'll be used to frame him for murder, since otherwise they could have simply not bothered with him losing it.
That's what I'm thinking. The murderer will leave the earring near the body, but inevitably it will be pointed out (through a testimony, probably) by Hinata that he had his earring on while he was eating and nobody saw him leave. (That said, he could easily just have left afterwards, earring in hand- or buried in his muffler-, and dropped it. I still doubt he's the murderer, though).

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Suzuki Method posted:

I'm kind of missing something. Where the hell did Chiaki even go? She said she was gonna find Monomi but I was under the impression they just kind of appear/disappear whenever they want. What is the purpose of physically leaving the room to go look for something that just poofs into existence? :psyduck: For this reason I think Chiaki is doing something shady. It just doesn't add up to me.

:v: Remember goons she is a SHSL Gamer so she should be able to find Monomi with the old adventure game tactic of touching and looking at everything.

:v: Alternate joke: As a SHSL Gamer, Chiaki knows that Monomi is hiding in tall grass.

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.
Ok, listening to the voice clip from the scene with the lights out and trying to place voices to lines. After all, we don't know so obviously, by goon logic, we must try and find clues in minor details.
On a more serious note, this actually does seem like it'd be important since it's a bit of a mystery. We probably don't need to actually identify who said what there, but it might be good to think about.
Power's Out: One of the girls... Sonia?
The hell: Souda? I think he's the only one who'd say 'the hell?'
Too Dark: Nagito. No doubt about it.
Calm down: Um... Photographer girl?
Waaah: Traditional Dancer.
Oy: Uh... I think this was actually Togami? a bit soft...
Stop: Togami again?
Ow: Just a grunt. Can't really tell who this is.
Lights on: Gymnast.
Not in the kitchen: Teruteru.
Breaker: Photographer again I think.
Wait: Gundam?

I'm not absolutely certain though. It's hard to identify who's who from their voices since I haven't heard their voice tracks in a while. I'm partly going by inflection like Teruteru's stutter.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

HangedManArcana posted:

Too Dark: Nagito. No doubt about it.

Huh? I'm hearing this one as a female voice. I mean, I admit I could be overhasty in judging that Nagito seems to have disappeared from the room when it's actually the LP format tricking me, and I know he's played by a woman, but still.

edit: VVVV yeah, that's precisely who I thought it was, but I wasn't confident enough to say anything but "one of the girls".

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Feb 20, 2013

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Huh? I'm hearing this one as a female voice. I mean, I admit I could be overhasty in judging that Nagito seems to have disappeared from the room when it's actually the LP format tricking me, and I know he's played by a woman, but still.

Just going off the voices in the clip here, it sounds like Ibuki to me.

Umpire Weekend
Apr 10, 2006

I backed my car into a cop car the other day
Well he just drove off sometimes life's OK

Gadvac posted:

I can't see Togami dying quite so soon. He seems like he'll become even more important to the story later on, especially if he knows/remembers what happened. If nothing else, I don't expect that Monobear will be pleased by his presence, if he isn't annoyed already. Strange that he doesn't seem to show even the slightest interest in Togami, though.
Remember that the controller of the original Monobear, Junko, is dead as a doornail, which basically makes this Monobear a different character which is playing the role of Monobear as Junko did. If this new mastermind hadn't seen the broadcasts of the events of DR1 for some reason, they would have no idea that Togami was a survivor of a previous mutual killing game. If they knew Togami was the extra member of the fifteen person class, it would make more sense just to point him out for it specifically, maybe with some footage of some of the objectionable stuff he said, given that he was the only one taking a leadership role and trying to restore law and order.

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Tanda posted:

If they knew Togami was the extra member of the fifteen person class, it would make more sense just to point him out for it specifically, maybe with some footage of some of the objectionable stuff he said, given that he was the only one taking a leadership role and trying to restore law and order.
It is stated in the beginning of DR1 that Hope's Peak is really famous and its student are newsworthy topic, so it can be assumed that any competent mastermind would at least know who the students (which he/she set up a murder game for) are. Besides, it is quite difficult to miss a worldwide broadcast by the head of Monoworld unless the mastermind literally lived in a cave during DR1.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
I really disagree that even if this Monobear knows about Togami they would reveal him right away. People aren't going to take what Monobear says at face value (at least not yet, he can build trust by being generally reliable like he was through most of DR1), and he'd come across to many as trying way too hard if he tried to paint someone as a crazy corpse mover right off the bat, no matter how hilariously true it may have been. And if Togami does have his memory (and can counter by mentioning how Junko was caught trying to frame a student because nobody would kill each other) it could go very, very badly for him. Better to leave some vague anticipation (revealing that one person isn't of the class) and then "reveal" more details later in the story; after all if this mystery student is a someone who doesn't belong and will murder someone... well, isn't that what Monobear wants? Why are you making it harder on them, Monobear? It doesn't add up.

This also explains why a memory-having Togami wouldn't fess up (fully at least, he might have hinted at it to Hinata already) as well: he'd not be believed at this point, and monobear could counter with Togami's corpse-moving and look like the truthful person.

Rawkking fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 20, 2013

Umpire Weekend
Apr 10, 2006

I backed my car into a cop car the other day
Well he just drove off sometimes life's OK

Jeek posted:

It is stated in the beginning of DR1 that Hope's Peak is really famous and its student are newsworthy topic, so it can be assumed that any competent mastermind would at least know who the students (which he/she set up a murder game for) are. Besides, it is quite difficult to miss a worldwide broadcast by the head of Monoworld unless the mastermind literally lived in a cave during DR1.
Unami was the one who set up this situation originally, though, not Monobear. He just appeared and took advantage of it, unless you're of the view that Unami and Monobear are working together. Things like Monoworld, or even the broadcasts being worldwide were based entirely on Junkos word, and easily manipulated images, and I think that the fact that she wasn't being entirely truthful about the situation is outside is very possible, if not probable. If she was being entirely truthful about everything, and the world really was a complete post apocalyptic hellhole, then how likely is it that Togami would not only survive, but gain a ton of weight in the time between DR1 and 2?

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
It's impossible to say anything definitive about Monoworld, but I think a lot of the speculation about it tends far too close to the idea of treating it like a complete hellhole wasteland, I guess based on how Hope's Peak was apparently converted into a Fallout-like Vault. What we saw showed us that most of the famous monuments of the world have been defaced with Monobear faces and that there's widespread pollution and looting. It's also definitely a thing: the point of the video of the kids consenting to stay in Hope's Peak forever and the testimony of Syo was to confirm this (remember, the possibility of image manipulation was brought up in DR1; Syo was brought in as a third party who would recognize whether they were genuine).

The thing is this: As of DR1, it's been a year since the "apocalypse". I kind of doubt there's been enough time for widespread food shortages or for things to get as wasteland-like as you see things in most post-apocalyptic fiction. Sure, it's a bad enough place that given the choice, the DR1 kids decided to voluntarily avoid it for the rest of their lives. Is it a bad enough place that it's implausible that Togami grew as fat as he did? Who knows.

edit: Also it's "Usami", twisting on "Usagi" which means "rabbit". "Unami" would be an eel or something. Which... would be a lot weirder as a female counterpart to Monobear.

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Feb 20, 2013

Jeek
Feb 15, 2012

Tanda posted:

Unami was the one who set up this situation originally, though, not Monobear. He just appeared and took advantage of it, unless you're of the view that Unami and Monobear are working together.
I think Unami is indeed working with Monobear, if only because she was so quick at being submissive to him after the makeover.

quote:

Things like Monoworld, or even the broadcasts being worldwide were based entirely on Junkos word, and easily manipulated images, and I think that the fact that she wasn't being entirely truthful about the situation is outside is very possible, if not probable.
Well, you are right at this point - Junko could have been bluffing about the outside situation to get everyone stay forever and win. However, it is established that the :words: event did happen and as tried to rescue the students (for ~20 days), she probably already held considerable power at the point of DR1. Don't forget Junko somehow acquired advanced technology such as Monobear and memory wiping either.

quote:

If she was being entirely truthful about everything, and the world really was a complete post apocalyptic hellhole, then how likely is it that Togami would not only survive, but gain a ton of weight in the time between DR1 and 2?
That I don't know. Fat suit, maybe? :v:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

You know, Akane could be what Aoi from DR1 might have become after a few bad days.

They look practically identical, the only main physical differences being hairstyle and demeanor. Where once there was a passion for sports and donuts, there is now a passion for sports and everything edible. Once reserved and non-confrontational, now completely uninhibited and looking for any excuse to throw a punch.

It'd be funny if Togami actually turned out to be someone different but this speculation actually was true.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ugh, I was yelling at the screen like a horror movie this whole update. Why was Togami just letting people wander off? Okay, have Peko the sword-girl be assigned to guard the case, that's fine, but why does she have to do it out of sight of everybody else? The whole point of this party was to have everyone gathered together to keep an eye on each other! What better place to guard it than right there in the main hall, where everyone can see if something happens?

Well, the power outage would've still hosed things up, so guarding the circuit breakers was a good idea, but why have only 1 person guarding it all by themselves? And why was Togami fine with Chiaki wandering off by herself too? This whole thing just turned ridiculous. I'm disappointed in you, Togami. :mad:

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

And why was Togami fine with Chiaki wandering off by herself too? This whole thing just turned ridiculous. I'm disappointed in you, Togami. :mad:

Chiaki seems like one of the more level-headed and competent people in this group, actually. I looked back at the past updates and she actually keeps things moving more than I initially noticed. If Togami has said something important and conversation is about to get sidetracked because everyone is a freakin' space cadet, she's been the one to get things back on track before anyone else on more than one occasion. I believe there was also an earlier bit where something dramatic happened and near the end of the update Chiaki went "Hey, what should we do about this?" or something along those lines at Togami, which I can't find now sadly. However, I do distinctly remember that my first impression of that line wasn't "hey, what should all of us do about this" so much as "hey, what should me and you do about this", although you could definitely take it both ways. However, now that Chiaki seems to have immediately gotten an idea and Togami let her go with no hesitation while prohibiting someone who has an elevated terror level on the Pants-making GBS threads Advisory Scale from leaving, I'm definitely leaning towards the latter.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.
Akane's hilarious faces somehow made me realize that she pops a button on her HELL YEAH sprite.

There seems to be a bit too many clues for the next murder, in fact, they seem excessive: on one hand, we have a skewer that was never seen and that is probably hidden between the floor tiles. On the other hand, we have the Togami Box (I so need that on the Medaka Box logo), which probably got opened during the whole mess. But if someone has hidden a skewer before the party, they wouldn't need to get a weapon from the box, and if they need to get a weapon from the box, they probably have no idea about the missing skewer.

Because of that, I think that Togami Box is going to be used as the red herring to frame someone (probably Peko or Togami, who had access to the box and the key), while the actual murder is going to be done with the skewer. I guess one of the knives is small enough to have about the same width as a skewer, so even Mikan wouldn't be able to tell what sharp object inflicted the wound.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

Tunahead posted:

Chiaki seems like one of the more level-headed and competent people in this group, actually. I looked back at the past updates and she actually keeps things moving more than I initially noticed. If Togami has said something important and conversation is about to get sidetracked because everyone is a freakin' space cadet, she's been the one to get things back on track before anyone else on more than one occasion.

Yeah, I noticed this as well. She also seems to be pretty observant, such as being the first person to notice that Kuzuryuu wasn't at the meeting or the bomb-thing in the park (although that last one's just because oren started with her). Not bad for someone who can fall asleep at the drop of a hat.

Also, I love that they actually did change Gundam's sprite to show his missing earring.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mazed posted:

You know, Akane could be what Aoi from DR1 might have become after a few bad days.

They look practically identical, the only main physical differences being hairstyle and demeanor. Where once there was a passion for sports and donuts, there is now a passion for sports and everything edible. Once reserved and non-confrontational, now completely uninhibited and looking for any excuse to throw a punch.

It'd be funny if Togami actually turned out to be someone different but this speculation actually was true.

Akane is also six inches taller than Aoi (remember the whole thing the thread had about "GYMNASTS CAN'T BE TALL, MY IMMERSION :qq:" when that came out?), so I'd rate that as fairly unlikely. Plus, fightin' spirit or no, Akane doesn't exactly seem traumatized.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
I know it doesn't matter but here's what I've got for the voices in the blackout.

Uwah, the power's out! - Mahiru.

The hell happened?! I can’t see nothing! - Souda.

I...It's too dark! Everything's too dark! - Ibuki.

C...Calm down, everyone! We have to keep calm at a time like this! - Mahiru.

Waaah! Don't step on my feet! - Hiyoko.

Oy, what are you doing?! - Togami.

Stop it!! - It was hard to hear this part but I'm gonna guess Togami.

Ow! - Almost nothing to go on here so I'm not sure.

Turn on the lights! It’s hard to eat this way! - Akane.

Hey, everyone! Where are you? T...This power outage... it isn't just in the kitchen? - Hanamura.

Could someone perhaps have flipped the circuit breakers? - Sonia.

W...Wait here! I'll use the walls as a guide and go see if I can’t fix this...! - Souda.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

loquacius posted:

Akane is also six inches taller than Aoi (remember the whole thing the thread had about "GYMNASTS CAN'T BE TALL, MY IMMERSION :qq:" when that came out?), so I'd rate that as fairly unlikely. Plus, fightin' spirit or no, Akane doesn't exactly seem traumatized.

Actually, this is making me think. Stepping back a bit and taking the Akane/Aoi thing more metaphorically: Somebody mentioned way back that "Akane" can mean "red" and "Aoi" can mean "blue", which brings to mind the "red oni, blue oni" thing in Japanese stuff; you've got two very similar characters, except one's kind of a brash gently caress-you-up rear end in a top hat (the "red oni") and the other is pretty levelheaded and centred (the "blue oni"). Keeping in mind those possible name meanings, it's not too hard to see Akane as she's been characterized so far as the red oni curvy athlete woman to Aoi's blue oni curvy athlete woman.

Does it mean anything? Who knows. But it doesn't seem too hard to see it as a deliberate evocation of a trope with Akane's character design and concept (not quite an anime trope but close enough to call it one, I guess).

Meanwhile, on Chiaki, she's kind of warming up to me; she's had enough moments that seem to suggest she's actually one of the smartest members of the group, just so hopelessly introverted she seems a little stupid and out of it at first, like a horrifyingly goony Kirigiri. I want to see how she handles investigations and trials (she had better not die first). :ohdear:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Oh man, I didn't even notice the red/blue thing. I'm starting to wonder if that speculation could actually be true, or if it's just them making an extremely blatant callback.

Maybe Aoi put on a few extra inches by dipping into Sakura's stash of protein coffee (because video game science works that way).

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm starting to wonder if there's more to this whole 'mirror character' thing than the devs simply calling back to DR1. Perhaps there's a certain special formula needed for *reasons*, be they to cause or mitigate capital-D Despair. Chiaki's reminiscent of Chihiro, Akane's like a hotter-blooded Aoi, Mikan looks like Sayaka while acting like a more neurotic Touko and Sonia definitely brings Maizono to mind, even discounting the samey art style for the girls (hell, it could have been intentional). In which case, Togami being around could be some way to influence the formula one way or another.

EDIT: Goofed up a name.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 20, 2013

a spooky ghost
Jan 1, 2010

stay the same never change
So what you are saying is that the island is actually the Big Shell?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

a spooky ghost posted:

I can't wait for Dangan Ronpa Rising.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.

CommissarMega posted:

and Sonia definitely brings Junko to mind
You probably mean Maizono.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

a spooky ghost posted:

Having never played a game in the Metal gear series, I guess? :v:

SingerOfW posted:

You probably mean Maizono.

Yeah, I goofed up there a bit, thanks to her blond hair. But yeah, she does seem to be the supportive archetype Maizono was, though I'm getting the vibe that she's genuinely helpful, and not as manipulative as her deceased counterpart. In any case, I'm definitely suspicious as to all the parallels, though I do admit to being a little paranoid.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, I goofed up there a bit, thanks to her blond hair. But yeah, she does seem to be the supportive archetype Maizono was, though I'm getting the vibe that she's genuinely helpful, and not as manipulative as her deceased counterpart. In any case, I'm definitely suspicious as to all the parallels, though I do admit to being a little paranoid.

She also has the exact same gigawatt smile Maizono had.

Vyxzuw
Oct 16, 2012

Please stop shitposting in the Let's Play Dangan Ronpa thread!

orenronen posted:

That’s some, uh, nice wallpaper there.

I know it's an update late but that wallpaper and the coach standing there I just got this 'It's time for your SHSL training montage!' image.

Cue music:
It's the Eye of the Tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all
With the Eye of the Tiger

No? Okay, but at least it's not talk about how character X is like character Y from DR1.
Man, sad to say I can't wait for someone to die.

Also, coach looks happy to see us. (Seriously, what is with the cursor placement?)

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Ok so I wanted to get something straight

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447397&pagenumber=675#post409202487

So there's a monobear running around that's not just a controlled one right?

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

Maizono was weak. Maizono was a fool. Maizono had to manipulate in order to get her way.

Princess Nevermind does not manipulate.

Princess Nevermind commands. :black101:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I have a completely original theory. Bear with me now, but I think that DR2 Togami is very similar to DR1 Togami. Obviously, no one else has ever noticed this before. Now I'm really going to blow your minds. See, Mikan and Kirigiri both wear skirts!

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

SirKibbles posted:

So there's a monobear running around that's not just a controlled one right?
It's not clear as to whether there is a new operator for Monobear or he's running on auto pilot now. Same with Monomi, there /could/ be someone controlling her, but there could also be nobody behind her as well.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mazed posted:

Princess Nevermind does not manipulate.

Princess Nevermind commands. :black101:

Princess Nevermind is also going into my "awesome band names" notebook.

undefines
Oct 15, 2012

Serious Frolicking posted:

I have a completely original theory. Bear with me now, but I think that DR2 Togami is very similar to DR1 Togami. Obviously, no one else has ever noticed this before. Now I'm really going to blow your minds. See, Mikan and Kirigiri both wear skirts!

:golfclap:

That said, ever since I read about the first trial, I'd been wondering why Togami was chill with sending Peko off to guard the box alone in the office. You need someone to look after it, cool, cool. But being alone, in theory, gives her room to gently caress with the box, possibly break the lock if she has the tools for it, and a million other suspicious things. She could've just gone into the corner of the party room and sat on it or something.

Good to know I wasn't the only one making this face: :v:

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

a spooky ghost posted:

Obviously, Togami being Fatman, Akane being Fortune and Chiaki being Emma, Nagito obviously playing the role of Raiden what with the white hair and all. :v:

I'm wondering why we haven't, or anybody else for that matter, seen Babyface in quite a while; the only person who's had any communication with him just left the room with all kinds of weapons in a box and a (training) sword on her back and has sole access to the power for this whole lodge. Also Togami why would you let people out of your sight with such nonchalance when that defeats the entire purpose of this whole get-together?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

SingerOfW posted:

There seems to be a bit too many clues for the next murder, in fact, they seem excessive: on one hand, we have a skewer that was never seen and that is probably hidden between the floor tiles. On the other hand, we have the Togami Box (I so need that on the Medaka Box logo), which probably got opened during the whole mess. But if someone has hidden a skewer before the party, they wouldn't need to get a weapon from the box, and if they need to get a weapon from the box, they probably have no idea about the missing skewer.

There is, of course, the possibility that now we've finally gotten something I've hoped for all of DR1: Two murders connected only by the fact that they happened at the same time in order to take advantage of the same opportunity.

Oooh, or a murder of a victim that was acting suspiciously because the victim was themselves planning a murder!

Armanky
Feb 15, 2013

"Kissing is sex."
-George Costanza

Serious Frolicking posted:

:downsbravo:

I think it'd be pretty idiotic for Pekopeko to attempt a murder in this circumstance, since she's guarding the breakers AND the weapon box and EVERYBODY KNOWS IT. I've got a hunch she's going to be the prime suspect for the first case, but definitely not the guilty party. I also think it a bit odd how Togami's just letting some people wander off but being super strict to others. Like, he just let Chiaki go search for Monomi and it was no big deal, but coach has to take a colossal poo poo? Absolutely NOT!

Suddenly I'm raising an eyebrow at Chiaki, that whole exchange reeked of "I am up to something". Didn't Monomi already say she was going to show up at the party anyway?

Edit: Also, I've got a sneaking suspicion that one of the photos the redhead chick took is going to catch something peculiar and will probably wind up being decisive evidence.

Armanky fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 20, 2013

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

The light finally returned to the hall... but then, suddenly...

...We noticed the shocking sight in front of our eyes.

T...That's...!!

It was... Mikan Tsumiki's messed up figure.

Re: Junk Food for a Dashing Youth

I...I'm sorry! I fell down again!
H...How the hell do you keep getting into these poses?!
Yay! An indecent pose! This is clearly a fan service scene, isn't it!
H...Hiyaaaaaa... Don't! Don't look at me, pleaaaase!
Hyohyohyo, Ibuki can't get enough of her!
Mahiru-chan! This would make a great picture!
N...No way I'd take that kind of picture!
Hyuu... Forgive me...! Forgive me, pleaaaaaase!
E...Everyone... should we not help her, rather than standing here doing nothing?

Beautiful Ruin

Hyuuu... Sniffle... U...Uuuuuu...

I...I'm sorry to be a constant disturbance...!

Just... be more careful next time, okay?

Oh, look at that! The lights’re back on in here, too!

You flipped the breakers back up, Big Bro Souda?! Good for you! You actually managed to be useful for once!

Uh... well, actually... I didn’t make it to the office -- that’s where the breakers are, see -- before the power came back on...

Eh? So, how come the power's back on?

Search me...

Don't say "search me"! Try being a little more helpful!

I can't help it, can I?! ‘Sides, you try finding that office in pitch darkness!

...Huh?

Is something wrong, Sonia-san?

No... It is just that I can't see Togami-san anywhere. Did he go somewhere?

...Eh? Togami-kun?

Music fades out

We looked around the room. Sure enough...

...Togami, who should've been there bossing us around, was nowhere to be found.

Re: Despair Syndrome

T...That's strange... He was here when the power went out, wasn't he?

Huh? Did he go somewhere... while the lights were out?
But, it was completely dark...

I'm... a little worried. Let's split up and search for him, for the time being.
I'll go look in the storage room. Hinata-kun, how about you handle the entrance?
R...Right, I'm on it...

So... I'll go check the office. Y’know, since I can actually find the place this time.

I shall go look around the corridor, then.

I'm gon’ wai’ ‘ere. I'm shtill ee’ing, you shee...

How can you still be eating...?

Leave the toilet... to me...
I WILL CHECK THE TOILET LIKE A MAN DOES!!

Like a man does...? I... don’t want to know.

Oh, Mr. Porkfeet... He must've ran away like a scaredy-pig the moment the lights went out...
What a useless leader. When we find him, I'm gonna pinch him on the forehead.

But... honestly, where did Togami disappear to?

Um... I'm supposed to go search the entrance. Nanami should still be there, too.

But we can't just leave the people on the way alone, can we?

Nuuuuuu...
W...What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be checking the toilet?

S...Someone is using it...
Someone's been using it ever since the party started...

YOU FIEND! KEEPING THE CRAPPER TO YOURSELF IS EXTREMELY INCONSIDERATE!
Someone's been using the toilet... since the party started?

That's what it seems like... Every time I came here someone's been inside...

THAT'S IT! poo poo!! poo poo'S COMING OUT!!

Guwaaaaaah! The more I hold it the more it keeps piling up!
J...Just hold it...! I know you can do it...!

But still... who could be using the toilet for such a long time?

If it's been since the start of the party, it can't be Togami, right?

I searched around the corridor, but Togami-san isn't here.
I wonder where he went to... He isn't outside, is he?
I still haven't checked. I'm going right now.

Re: Despair-Syndrome

I found Nanami and Monomi standing in front of the entrance. They must be on the lookout for Monobear...

Huh? Hinata-kun... why aren't you at the party?

Howawa! It isn't over already, is it?! I still didn't get a chance to participate!

Hey, Nanami... You haven't seen Togami around here, have you?

Togami-kun? No, I haven't seen him.
But... why are you looking for Togami-kun?
There was a power outage inside the lodge... and when the lights came back on Togami was gone.
So... we thought we'd check if he didn't go outside or something.

No, no one came outside at all.

If he hasn't gone outside... does that mean he's still somewhere inside the lodge?

...Maybe he's in there and we keep missing him.

...Maybe.

Re: Despair Syndrome

Ah, Hinata-kun! Well, how about it?
I asked Nanami, and she said he never came out of the lodge...
T...That's strange... There wasn't anyone in the storage room either.

No one in the kitchen either, of course.

Or at the office...

...There wasn't? At the office?

Huh? What about Big Sis Pekoyama? Wasn't she supposed to be there, guarding?

Yeah... Pekoyama wasn't there at all.

...Eh? So Peko-chan is also missing?

Perhaps... they took advantage of the darkness and they're necking each other at the toilet...?

Outrageous!

...Hm? Hmmmmm?

Owari-san... is something bothering you?

No... but don't you smell something...?

Um... the remains of undigested food in the small intestine are decomposed by intestinal microbes and turn into a gas...
That gas is mostly absorbed in the intestinal tract, but the part that doesn't is discharged through the anus.

T...That's the way farts work... So... farting is not embarrassing at all!

No, that's not it...

Music halts

...What I smell... is blood.
...Blood?!

Ocean Breeze Dead End

Hm... hm... hm...

Owari twitched her nose like a wild beast, and then pointed to a certain location.

It's coming from over there. I'm sure of it...!

It was... the table at the far end of the main hall.

Blood...? I can smell nothing, save for the sweet fragrance of the food...

H...Hey, how come you can sniff out blood in the first place...?!
Are you sure you're not imagining it? I'm sure that's it.

So, someone just go and check it out already!

I'm sure it's over there... The smell of blood is coming from that table...

S...She's smelling blood from that table...?

You should go check it out, Hinata-kun.
Y...Yeah...

"Mirage Silver Falcon" Jum-P has this to proclaim:
The action you are about to undertake... shall come back to haunt you one day.
But, if your mind is set, I shall not interfere.

Dammit! Ibuki's nose isn't good at all!

Had it been Ibuki's ears, though, there's nothing they can't do!

B...Blood...?! Maybe she's just smelling some rare steak? Right?

Kyahaha! Big Sis Owari's just like a stray dog!

She's even eating like one! Heeheeheehee!

Uyu... I'm used to the smell of blood, but...

Sniff sniff...

I...I'm sorry! I can't tell...!

S...poo poo's coming out poo poo's coming out poo poo's coming out poo poo's coming out...
Why is the toilet not free yet...?!

B...Blood...? Isn't that strange? I haven't made any rare meat today...
N...No one should be smelling any blood...!!

The smell of blood...
Is there something... on that table...?

It's... under it...!
Under the table?

I ran to table, and reached to the tablecloth...
...But then, I stopped.

...Nervousness? Fear?

W...Why? Why am I so nervous suddenly...?

No... It can’t be... That’s impossible!

There's no way!

I raised my voice in a scream and grabbed the tablecloth, lifting it in a single movement.

Byakuya Togami (Youtube via Polsy)

I am certain I will never forget that sight as long as I live.

In front of my eyes...
Was the dead body of "Super High-school Level Heir" Byakuya Togami.

Chapter 1
Tropical Despair
(Ab)normal days (end)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
YES! Finally!

I was so, so worried everyone would go on and on about the dumb fanservice shot, but now we have a real deal murder on our hands.

Also, your posts should not just solely be on the order of Togami-san, no!

• Locked thread