Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeeco
Jan 4, 2012
This doesn't relate to the current update (everything that can be said about that has been echoed ad infinitum) but it just occurred to me that the virtual reality theory would solve the mystery of how the kids can be present and also control Monobear and Monomi.

In the first game the person controlling Monobear was never there because she had to be in a special control room. But this time it's been established right from the start that there are 16 students and they're all there while Monobear and Monomi are doing their things. Unless Despair-inducing animal robot technology hasn't advanced and they can't control them with their minds now, I can't think of any other theory that works. Unless of course the masterminds are NONE of the kids and they're new people, but that would be very lame so I don't think they would do that.

And that brings up another thing. If the Monobear controller and the Monomi controller aren't locked away in secret rooms, what happens if they get killed? Monobear wants everyone to murder eachother so what's preventing him/herself from getting murdered?

Correct me if I'm forgetting any key information here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleator
Jun 27, 2011

I am nothing but a blade, waiting for the perfect time to end an ancient warrior's pride.
It could be worse. I had a guy who thought we were friends despite me dismissing him every chance I got. He walked up to me while I was reading this thread and said "Cool, Dragon Ronpa 2. I read on tumblr that..." That filled me with adrenaline so fast that I didn't hear the rest of what he said and slapped him in the face hard enough to knock him down. I felt justified because he's extremely socially awkward and the sort to wander into a conversation and blurt out spoilers about the topic...

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

For gently caress's sake, don't slap people over loving video game spoilers, you socially maladjusted being.
You know what, don't slap people ever Period.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Sue posted:

For gently caress's sake, don't slap people over loving video game spoilers, you socially maladjusted being.
Naw man, you don't get it. He was, like, literally the spoilers guy from that one cracked video. It was both justified and comically appropriate. Everyone at the comicon stood up and clapped.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

orenronen posted:

This applies even if you're looking at the actual Dangan Ronpa 2 tag on tumblr.

Given that the first game featured a fujoshi serial killer and trap-on-bancho friendship, this isn't the most surprising thing int he world.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Tombolo
Oct 13, 2012

Sue posted:

There's video game spoilers, and there's Dangan Ronpa spoilers. Actually should've just dropped a shelf on him.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012

Aleator posted:

It could be worse. I had a guy who thought we were friends despite me dismissing him every chance I got. He walked up to me while I was reading this thread and said "Cool, Dragon Ronpa 2. I read on tumblr that..." That filled me with adrenaline so fast that I didn't hear the rest of what he said and slapped him in the face hard enough to knock him down. I felt justified because he's extremely socially awkward and the sort to wander into a conversation and blurt out spoilers about the topic...

Holy loving poo poo. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3501091

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

Last night I was hanging out with my bros and we all got really drunk. Then my bro was all like "DUDE, THE TRAITOR IS TOTALLY-" and before he could finish his sentence I whipped out my glock and shot him in the face 15 times. The judge didn't accept Dangan Ronpa spoilers as an reasonable defense to which I yelled "YOU GOT THAT WRONG" and now I'm spending 12 years in jail.

Thanks Dangan Ronpa spoilers.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Chapter 1
Tropical Despair
Abnormal days

Tropical Despair

Togami...san...?
Eh? Why is Togami-san...?
N...No...
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Despite the scream behind me, my feet remained planted firmly in place...

...And my eyes remained fixed on my former friend's dead body.

...W...Why?!

WHAT'S GOING OOOOOOOOOON?!

AGYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

N...No way...!

Stop jokin’ around! This ain’t right!

This... isn't real blood, right? It's just jam or sauce...
I...It can't be...

...Abuabuabuabuabuabu!

Goodness! I see something shocking has happened!

Shocking! Just, shocking! I mean, isn’t it electrifying?!

The newly deserted Jabberwock Island has finally seen its first murder!
M...Murder...?

W...Wait! So, you mean...!

Upupu... Of course...

Togami-kun... was killed by one of you.
Wha...?!

You can tell just by looking at the body. It’s obviously murder!

Look at that ugly face...
It’s the face of a man cursed with losing his life for the sake of another person’s ego.
When you see that kind of dead face...
What could it be other than murder?!

Someone here wanted so desperately to go home that they decided to make Togami-kun a victim.
Y...You're lying...
It's a lie! No one killed him!

The moment I said the word "killed"...
A thick feeling of despair immediately swelled up within me.

Right then, in that moment...

In that moment, I finally accepted that someone did kill Togami.

W...What... is this?!

I...Is that... Togami?

Why... Why did this happen? Why Togami-kun?

Ahem... It seems the only person still missing is Kuzuryuu-kun...

It wouldn’t be fair to leave him out, would it? So let's do that thing we do!

Music stops

* ding dong ding dong *

A body has been discovered!
After a short time for investigation, we will start a "school trial"!

Ocean Breeze Dead End

School... trial...?

I explained it before, didn’t I?
When a murder occurs between you bastards, you are required to reason out who the culprit among you is.
Y...You want us to find the culprit...?

Exactly! You bastards must conduct an investigation, and expose the culprit who killed Togami-kun!

That's impossible... How could someone have killed him...? There's no way anyone would!

Upupu... That kind of reaction will just serve to draw suspicion toward you, you know...

I...I won't believe it... I won't believe one of us killed Togami-kun...
There's no way such a despair-inducing thing would happen!

The moment you bastards start thinking that way will be the moment the culprit drives you to the wall.

So, let's start this show!
It's a battle for life between you bastards and the culprit! And this battle has already begun!
It began the moment one of you started scheming murder!

W...Wait! What are you saying?!

Everyone! You mustn't! You mustn't listen to what Monobear is saying!

It doesn't matter how much you try to interfere, there is only one truth.

Come, you bastards, the game is afoot!

A foot game? Are you talking about soccer?

Come, Monomi, I'll give you the boot!

Boots?! But it's not even raining!!

Come, Monomi, you're covered in soot!

W...What?! Did this happen because of the boots?! This is howibble!

Man, this joke is going nowhere... In that case...

Re: Mr. Monobear's Extracurricular Lesson

I'm breaking up this comedy duo!
UGYAAAAAAAAAAA!
Being hit by a corkscwew blow weally weally hurts!

Don’t think you’re equal to me in power! I shall not treat disobedient little sisters with mercy!
Your big brother can be quite the demon when he needs to! I am heavily into discipline!

Uuu... If only I had my Magical Stick... I could fight back against Monobear...

Yeah, yeah, whatever. Let's forget the pitiful howling of the underrabbit, and start the investigation already.
I want you to show me the love by suspecting and deceiving each other! Give it all you got!

All the best!!

Re: Despair Syndrome

Then, Monobear disappeared, leaving us with our crushing despair.

W...What's going on...? I don't get it...!

He wants us to search for Togami's killer? Why, such a terrible thing...?

G...Gimme a break...
Why do I have to get caught up in all this bother...?

U...Um... You mustn't doubt each other... You should all be friends...

But, Mr. Porkfeet really has been killed, you know.
If we don't find the culprit, everyone else is gonna die too!

Nevertheless, I cannot abide this!
I have finally made some friends... and now I must be suspicious of them?!

This is not about whether you can or can't abide with this...
You just have to if you want to live, don't you? It’s not like we have a choice.

You mustn't! Friends mustn't doubt each other! Never!

Shut up! If you have nothing useful to say, just go away, you stupid rabbit!

Howawa! Being scolded is scary!
We really don’t... have a choice...

I hate this... I really hate this...

I...I hate it too! I hate it and I’m scared!

Nevertheless, Saionji is right. We will be killed if we don't do it... so we have no choice.

But... I still won't believe it. I won't believe one of us killed Togami-kun...
I can't believe it... I'll never believe it...
And that's why...

I'm gonna do it.
I will investigate Togami-kun's death... and prove it wasn't one of us who killed him.
We don't have to suspect and deceive each other. What we must fight isn't one another...

...It's this despair that's trying to destroy us!

The true enemy that we must fight... is this despair-inducing reality...
And in order to survive that fight...

...We have no choice.

Ah, may I say something before we begin?

In closed-circle mystery games and the like, this is where they decide who is going to guard the crime scene...
Maybe we should do the same?

I see. It would be terrible if the culprit were to destroy evidence. It would put the rest of us at a disadvantage.

D...Destroy evidence...?

If we need a guard, there's someone with the perfect physique for it! Iiiiiiiit’s that person!

U...UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

W...What the...? What happened?

Guess he’s got a delicate heart under that tough exterior...
...A...Are you sure that's really it?

Um... I'll stay here...
I don't have the confidence required for investigating the body, and I'm not that smart anyway...
All I can really do right now is stay by Togami's side. That works for guarding the scene, doesn't it?

K...Koizumi-san...

U...Um... um...!

I...I'll do my best too! I'll do my best not to stand in anyone's way!

I...I know just enough to examine the body a little... Please, let me do what I can as a medical worker.

So... you'll stay here as well, Tsumiki-san?

But... what are the rest of us supposed to do, in concrete terms? Ibuki has no clue!

It’s true that we’re not exactly trained for murder investigations.
We can’t exactly go combing through every grain of sand on the beach, looking for clues.
Only the police can use such methods... It's impossible for amateurs like us.

That's why, right now... what's important is our intuition.
Our intuition will lead us to the proof. The proof that there is no culprit who killed Togami-kun.

But... investigating a fwiend's death is a cruel thing to do...

But... we have no choice, do we? We can't... just refuse, can we?

I...I don't believe any of it... I don't believe that Togami died...

I...I get it... I'll do what I can...

It is the only way... to ensure that everyone survives this ordeal.

I can't believe we have to do such a horrible thing if we want to survive...

Music fades out

Finding the culprit... that is our one and only hope if we want to survive...

But is that really... hope?

Nevertheless... we have no choice.

INVESTIGATION START

Tah-dah! You thought you were going to start investigating now, didn't you? But there's one more thing!

The Monobear File!

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

It’s a necessary provision for amateurs like you bastards, of course!
W...What the hell...? The Monobear File...?

Honestly, I have to explain everything that should be obvious? What a pain...

Although, it's not like I can feel pain, is it? But, enough with the lame jokes!

As I was saying. The Monobear File courteously collects and confirms facts regarding the body.

Isn’t that kind of me? I mean, amateurs like you couldn’t possibly get information like this on your own...

I'm so kind I wish they'd call me the Mother Theresa of the mascot world!

You wish...? That's just a simple yearning, isn't it!

Oh? Monomi-chan, the meaningless mascot, is still here?

Don't make up a mascot genre just for me!

We're leaving now! Your role here is over! Come with me right now!

It huwts! Don't pull my ears! You'll tear them off!!

Music stops

They're finally gone...

The “Monobear File", huh?

Re: Despair Syndrome

I guess it wouldn't hurt taking a look.

Get a load of that Engrish. Actually, it doesn’t seem that bad, grammatically, but it’s very definitely Engrish.

The victim's body was discovered at the main hall of Hotel Mirai's old lodge.

The time of death was around 11:30PM.

The cause of death was stabbing with a sharp object. The victim was stabbed multiple times in the region between the abdomen and the throat.

There are no other wounds on the body, nor any traces of poison or other drugs.

So, it's true... Togami really is dead...

poo poo... You promised us there won't be a single victim... How come you had to become one...?

And also... you never did finish telling your story, did you...?

Re: All All Apologies

There are things in my past I can't tell anyone about... They are the reason I became so prone to suspicion.
There were people I couldn’t trust... and people who couldn’t trust me. My life was like a nightmare...
It is only natural my personality would be affected.

What did that even mean?

Perhaps...

You see, if I'm right and there really is a traitor among you, that would be a terrible thing.
Don’t you want to get revenge on the imposter who’s trying to trick you? Are you really going to let them get away with this?

A traitor...?

No... I don't care how many vague statements he made, he couldn't have possibly been...

What am I even thinking?!

Evidence Bullet Get posted:

Monobear File 1

The victim's body was discovered at the main hall of Hotel Mirai's old lodge.
The time of death was around 11:30PM.
The cause of death was stabbing with a sharp object. The victim was stabbed multiple times in the region between the abdomen and the throat.
There are no other wounds on the body, nor any traces of poison or other drugs.

We're doing things a little differently - when we get an evidence bullet (or one is updated), I'm going to include the description for that bullet, as it appears in the evidence bullet list. Hopefully, that will make it easier to keep track of what's what.

Music stops

Anyway... I should start my investigation. I must not miss anything.

That's right... I have no choice... If I want to survive, I have no choice.

...I've already made up my mind.

INVESTIGATION START

orenronen fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 24, 2013

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No clear indication on what the weapon was that killed him yet, which is a good sign that it may indeed be the missing skewer.

Pretty surprising that he was stabbed so many times. That definitely implies that there was a very personal motive to this crime that led someone to attack him so violently.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Wow, stabbed eight times. The killer must have been pretty emotionally-charged when Togami was stabbed, even if it wasn't personal.

Saeku
Sep 22, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

No clear indication on what the weapon was that killed him yet, which is a good sign that it may indeed be the missing skewer.

Pretty surprising that he was stabbed so many times. That definitely implies that there was a very personal motive to this crime that led someone to attack him so violently.

Alternatively, the culprit couldn't see Togami -- because it was dark, or he was under the floorboards -- so he stabbed him many times to make sure he was dead.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Peko has a symbol on her chest. I thought she tore her cardigan climbing around under the floorboards but I confirmed that white doodad was there before she left for the office. Oh well.

Why is Monomi bleeding though? Did she fall down in real blood? She's walking away with the evidence :mad:

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Regy Rusty posted:

Well, there is a blood-soaked knife next to the body.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Saeku posted:

Alternatively, the culprit couldn't see Togami -- because it was dark, or he was under the floorboards -- so he stabbed him many times to make sure he was dead.

But you're forgetting about the nightvision goggles, unless Togami had them and not the killer.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
Hey- the game graphic actually calls him Monobear rather than Monokuma.

I've been wondering how Monomi would respond to a killing. I didn't expect... what the hell are you doing Monomi? Without an investigation everyone dies.

Aside from the obvious investigation clues, it's pretty interesting Monobear calls Jabberwock Island "newly deserted". That's an especially interesting point as far as the whole meta/overarching mystery goes.

It's also pretty interesting Saionji and Nanami seem to be the take-charge-and-investigate folks so far. I kind of predicted the latter based on how analytic she was starting to seem but the former is a bit of a surprise.

edit: How the hell does Monobear know where all the stab wounds are. The body hasn't been moved since the murder. :crossarms:

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 24, 2013

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
A Detective Conan quote immediately followed by a Sherlock one? Oh, Monobear, you haven't changed at all. :allears:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Well, there is a blood-soaked knife next to the body.

If that was enough evidence it was the weapon, we wouldn't have spent all these pages since the last update discussing other possibilities.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Hey- the game graphic actually calls him Monobear rather than Monokuma.

Well... I'm to blame for that (with a little help from HelloWinter, the official LP artist).

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

orenronen posted:

If we need a guard, there's someone with the perfect physique for it! Iiiiiiiit’s that person!

U...UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

W...What the...? What happened?

Guess he’s got a delicate heart under that tough exterior...
...A...Are you sure that's really it?

Yeah, he's not going to stick around to guard the crime scene when he's got to drop the kids off at the pool. Guy's been waiting all night for the toilet to open up, after all.

With the most obvious deterrent to such shenanigans out of the way, I wonder if there's going to be some chicanery involving the crime scene in play. It'd be ironic if Togami had his own murder scene messed with, given his habit of messing with crime scenes in the previous game.

Also, it looks like everyone except Kuzuryuu showed up. I wonder if he's the one who ended up barricading himself in the bathroom? Either way, his absence seems a bit suspect.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Falls Down Stairs posted:

edit: How the hell does Monobear know where all the stab wounds are. The body hasn't been moved since the murder. :crossarms:

Hey now, the answer to this one should be obvious: It's because he's a bear.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

I'm really liking Mahiru this update. Before, she clearly didn't like Togami that much, but here, she's the most broken up about him dying. Really sets her up as the emotional, human one of the bunch, like Asahina was last game.

Also interesting is how adamant Nagito is that none of them are the culprit. Even Naegi seemed to accept that one of his friends killed Maizono pretty quickly.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

orenronen posted:

Get a load of that Engrish. Actually, it doesn’t seem that bad, grammatically, but it’s very definitely Engrish.

I'd love to, but I can't read such small type.

Yukitsu
Oct 11, 2012

Snow=Yuki
Fox=Kitsune
Snow Fox=Yukitsu, ne?

Regy Rusty posted:

If the graphic means anything, he was stabbed by 2 weapons. The rational may be the one leaving the many small puncture wounds, likely the skewer would not kill someone in a single blow, the larger puncture wound is of questionable motivation, but likely arose from the knife.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

orenronen posted:

Well... I'm to blame for that (with a little help from HelloWinter, the official LP artist).

That's pretty cool. She did an awesome job there.

Axle_Stukov posted:

Hey now, the answer to this one should be obvious: It's because he's a bear.

Ah, of course. How stupid of me.

Wyvernil posted:

Yeah, he's not going to stick around to guard the crime scene when he's got to drop the kids off at the pool. Guy's been waiting all night for the toilet to open up, after all.

Hahaha, that didn't occur to me till this post. The interesting question would be whether he gets into the lodge bathroom or goes back to the hotel now that the party is clearly over.

CandyCrazy posted:

I'm really liking Mahiru this update. Before, she clearly didn't like Togami that much, but here, she's the most broken up about him dying. Really sets her up as the emotional, human one of the bunch, like Asahina was last game.

I'm liking her too. She's starting to remind me of some friends of mine. Hopin' she sticks around. :ohdear:

Now, murder theorizing: I think Togami has to have been under the table at the time of the crime, otherwise blood splatter would be visible on elsewhere on the floor/on the other side of the sheets.

Furthermore, he was crawling at the time, because not only would he have to be in order to move around under there, but there'd have to be a blood smear characteristic of him being rolled over to arrive at the present scene if he were on his back (I didn't think this was a realistic possibility in any case, but may as well eliminate it).

But, his wound pattern shows he was stabbed all along his whole torso- I don't think this is possible unless he was stabbed from below. I think it's therefore safe to think that the killer was under the floorboards at the time.

edit:

Just spotted this:

The Togami box is sitting open. That's definitely got to be important.

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 24, 2013

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

orenronen posted:

Then I guess HelloWinter picked a brilliant font.

Equally brilliant was that exchange beginning with "The game is afoot." You guys did a fantastic job there with blending what I assume was that odd japanese comedy thing and something the west would understand.

Also, cue a thousand posts about how Togami was totally the other Togami, since he didn't get to tell his story :geno:

Also if there's engrish on the monobear file, it's far too small to read. The legible bits are perfectly fine: I guess there's a biography (the bit under the japanese subhead) and then the CoD lists the important bits of the file?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Yeah, yeah, someone died and whatever. But

Monobear posted:

The newly deserted Jabberwock Island has finally seen its first murder!
also is pretty interesting to me. (It might have came up before and I missed it, of course.)

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Suspicious Dish posted:

I'd love to, but I can't read such small type.

The LPDR2 Universal Access Initiative is on the case!

It is a large room in the old building of Hotel Mirai where the [???] student's body was discovered.

A time of death is (around / 11.30 pm) [sic]

The cause of death is a killing by stabbing, and [???]. No trace of poison [???]

[cut off by screenshot]

What little I can actually discern looks like pretty decently formed Engrish.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Zenostein posted:

Then I guess HelloWinter picked a brilliant font.

She's just good. Here's what it originally looked like:

Zenostein posted:

Equally brilliant was that exchange beginning with "The game is afoot." You guys did a fantastic job there with blending what I assume was that odd japanese comedy thing and something the west would understand.

I will have to write that one up, because it's the best "how the hell do we translate that?" examples the game threw at us so far.

Zenostein posted:

Also if there's engrish on the monobear file, it's far too small to read.

I didn't think it was possible to read it too at that size, but then Fedule told me what he thinks it says and I could totally see it.
Edit: He beat me up to it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I really enjoyed Nagito finally having a serious moment, even if he's probably going to fail at proving that it wasn't someone in the group that committed the murder. Hajime was pretty fantastic too, even if his is more of a "we have no choice" resolution. The character dynamics really are a notch above DR1.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 24, 2013

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Yukitsu posted:

If the graphic means anything, he was stabbed by 2 weapons. The rational may be the one leaving the many small puncture wounds, likely the skewer would not kill someone in a single blow, the larger puncture wound is of questionable motivation, but likely arose from the knife.

It could also represent where the most blood pooled from, or the larger circle could be the fatal wound. He could have been stabbed in the gut first, then the killer could have gotten caught up in the moment and kept stabbing him.

I don't see why the killer would use a skewer at all if they had access to a knife. It must have been a pretty peculiar series of events for that to happen logically.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Zenostein posted:

Yeah seriously, this one spawned a page-and-a-quarter document from Oren explaining the joke, and then I kept trying to write it in a way that flowed coherently, and Oren had to step in and stop me from overthinking myself into circles. God help me, I just don't get this non-sequitur stuff. Well, I get it but I sure as hell can't write it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

doomfunk posted:

Wow, stabbed eight times. The killer must have been pretty emotionally-charged when Togami was stabbed, even if it wasn't personal.
Or maybe he/she just wanted to make sure he/she hit something vital. You can never be too cautious with somebody that bulky.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
Hah, Nagito is either lying, crazy, or the theory about Nagito being a knife user who was pushed away by Togami before he could stab Togami is correct. It's plausible that after someone dies when you clearly have failed to do the job one could become convinced of foul play by Monobear.

Rawkking fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 24, 2013

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

That is one incredibly phallic-looking evidence bullet. Almost like it's trying to overcompensate for something.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

doomfunk posted:

Supersonic Shine posted:

Or maybe he/she just wanted to make sure he/she hit something vital. You can never be too cautious with somebody that bulky.

Or maybe they were just trying to speed up his death; wouldn't multiple stab wounds mean the victim would bleed out faster?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

That is one incredibly phallic-looking evidence bullet. Almost like it's trying to overcompensate for something.

No it's not.

SingerOfW
Feb 28, 2012

I shall admit my wickedness.
What a beautiful corkscrew so early in the morning!

Good to see Hinata getting a more appropriate portrait: this should've happened, like, right after his introduction was over. It also makes him feel even more different from Naegi.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Nagito is the only one talking about hope and despair: even Monobear himself doesn't talk about despair as much this time.

And I totally forgot about the Monobear files while considering Mikan's possible contribution to the investigation. Who needs a doctor to perform the body check when it's always been done by our omniscient mascot principal?

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Rawkking posted:

Hah, Nagito is either lying, crazy, or the theory about Nagito being a knife user who was pushed away by Togami before he could stab Togami is correct. It's plausible that after someone dies when you clearly have failed to do the job one could become convinced of foul play by Monobear.

Monobear has been known to kill people with spikes that suddenly, inexplicably pop out of the ground. But then Nagito wouldn't know that.

...or would he? :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I have to say I'm impressed with Saionji this update. She acted very rationally and in a very Celes/Kirigiri-like manner. I still don't like her, but she's gone up a few notches in my book.

I'm not sure what's up with Nidai - either he still needs to use the bathroom, he has some sort of weakness to blood, or he's gulilty. Gundam's been quiet too.

• Locked thread