Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I really like that Hinata is really angry. It's much better than Naegi's meek doormat behaviour.

:smith: Poor Koizumi. She could have lasted longer. She was investigating murder scenes even before betting stuck on the island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steelcap
Aug 14, 2011

quote:

Rule no. 9
After three people or more first discover a dead body, a "body discovery announcement" shall be broadcast across the island.

So, does this include the killer? If not is that evidence that exactly one person witnessed the body prior to Souda and Hinata finding it? If Saionji found the body first then why didn't she mention it to any of the people in the Diner? It's got to be at least 10 minutes of bikini fan service time before the last two people find the body.

If the killer does count as one of the witnesses so only an additional two people are needed then that means Saionji couldn't have witnessed it without also being the culprit.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Steelcap posted:

So, does this include the killer? If not is that evidence that exactly one person witnessed the body prior to Souda and Hinata finding it? If Saionji found the body first then why didn't she mention it to any of the people in the Diner? It's got to be at least 10 minutes of bikini fan service time before the last two people find the body.

If the killer does count as one of the witnesses so only an additional two people are needed then that means Saionji couldn't have witnessed it without also being the culprit.

It doesn't include the killer no, as the killer never "discovers" the body. It has to be 3 separate people but not necessarily at the same time, this was a point in the first game.

Panic Attack
Oct 29, 2012

Float like a bulldozer
Trying to catch a butterfly

Steelcap posted:

If I recall correctly, the body discovery alarm was raised after Souda found it, not when Hinata entered the room. Therefore, 2 people have seen the body before Souda. Pretty sure we can determine one of those people is Saionji, so that leaves one person. We know Peko's been in there because of the water bottles, and the game being all like "Whoa you'd have to be a ninja or summut to do that", so I think it's fair to say she's either the killer or the first witness- but it's a bit too red herringy for her to be the killer. I think baby face is, once again, a red herring- a likely suspect because of his attitude, prior involvement in whatever the hell the game was based off and that there envelope. So maybe it's going to end up being a battle to see who is the most reddy herringy of them all. Also, got no freaking clue about the mask. I don't think they'd pull a Genocider Syo again by having the one who mentions the serial killer turn out to be the serial killer, but Sonia does have that wetsuit (possibly obtained from that storeroom).

Ultimately I think when you look at all the evidence we have so far, it'll turn out to be Hanamuras ghost. You pull off the sheet to reveal!.. Another sheet.

Oh, also, checked out the first thread on a friends recommendation and blitzed through it, great fun. I'm glad I can be part of pointless speculation this time around! :downs:

(and I hope Souda either stops being the anime or at least dies with some dignity, I dig his design and his first impressions wear nice but he's just so.. so.. crap.)

EdgeryWorthy
Oct 5, 2012

So what's your type? You're a herbivore guy, so do you prefer a carnivore girl?

Panic Attack posted:

We know Peko's been in there because of the water bottles, and the game being all like "Whoa you'd have to be a ninja or summut to do that", so I think it's fair to say she's either the killer or the first witness-

Pekoyama isn't a ninja. Just because she knows how to use a sword doesn't make her a ninja.

Acornicus
Jun 10, 2013

EdgeryWorthy posted:

Pekoyama isn't a ninja. Just because she knows how to use a sword doesn't make her a ninja.
No, but she is one of the most likely people who would be able to escape the bathroom without any assistance.

Edit: Oh, and as stated above, she was clearly in the room due to the empty water bottles.

Acornicus fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 18, 2013

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Acornicus posted:

Edit: Oh, and as stated above, she was clearly in the room due to the empty water bottles.

Or she was swimming in the ocean. We can't assume that just because the bottles of water are all empty and she showed up soaking wet at the diner that she's the one who used them all.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Acornicus posted:

No, but she is one of the most likely people who would be able to escape the bathroom without any assistance.

What would make Peko any more capable of reaching that window than, say, a trained gymnast?

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

Acornicus posted:

Given that her current alibi is that she was swimming for the past several hours and this hasn't even been challenged by anyone or anything in the game as of yet, I'm going to say the empty water bottles don't prove she was in the room.

Acornicus
Jun 10, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Or she was swimming in the ocean. We can't assume that just because the bottles of water are all empty and she showed up soaking wet at the diner that she's the one who used them all.
No, but it's a pretty safe assumption to make. There probably wouldn't just be random empty water bottles in a box. Although there could be an external reason like some kind of extreme thirst, but I'm not holding my breath.

DaveWoo posted:

What would make Peko any more capable of reaching that window than, say, a trained gymnast?
I'm not saying she's more capable than a gymnast, I'm just saying she's probably one of the people who will have an easier time escaping without any help.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Acornicus posted:

No, but it's a pretty safe assumption to make. There probably wouldn't just be random empty water bottles in a box.

Not saying they were just there randomly, just pointing out that until we have more decisive evidence that actually links her to the bottles beyond "she was soaking wet," you can't claim that "she was clearly in the room".

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

W.T. Fits posted:

Not saying they were just there randomly, just pointing out that until we have more decisive evidence that actually links her to the bottles beyond "she was soaking wet," you can't claim that "she was clearly in the room".

A probable method of this being brought up is asking Akane if she could smell the salt, which will then lead into the head wound and discussing her alibi. My money is on her alibi being false.

Alberenza
Mar 28, 2013

Acornicus posted:

I'm not saying she's more capable than a gymnast, I'm just saying she's probably one of the people who will have an easier time escaping without any help.

No, the gymnast is, being a gymnast.
And the gymnast needed a boost.
I think the game wouldn't drive home the point that there needs to be at least two people in order to reach the window if there was one character who could arbitrarily disregard the rule.

TroubleHalved
May 10, 2013
Could Peko use her sword as a boost? Or would it not be strong enough?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Given that her current alibi is that she was swimming for the past several hours and this hasn't even been challenged by anyone or anything in the game as of yet, I'm going to say the empty water bottles don't prove she was in the room.

Souda did. Hell he straight up suspected her (Like he did last case)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

TroubleHalved posted:

Could Peko use her sword as a boost? Or would it not be strong enough?

But how would she bring it out with her?

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Peko's "alibi" is hilariously terrible. If she is the killer, she didn't plan this out much ahead of time, or she would have come up with something better.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

MonsterEnvy posted:

Souda did. Hell he straight up suspected her (Like he did last case)
Not of dumping water all over herself. He thought the footprints in front of the cabin belonged to her, and backed that up with her claim of having come in from swimming via the beach as evidence. His theory was shot down by the fact that the footprints lead away from the cabin as well as her claim that she started her swimming from the main island, not the smaller island's beach.

TheGreatGildersneeze fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jul 18, 2013

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Requested_Username posted:

But how would she bring it out with her?

Push open window with sword, jump up and climb out. The gymnast needed the boost because she couldn't open the window on her own from where she was, and the window pushes right open.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

John Dyne posted:

Push open window with sword, jump up and climb out. The gymnast needed the boost because she couldn't open the window on her own from where she was, and the window pushes right open.

Owari mentions that she can't reach the window by jumping, so Peko wouldn't be able to, she would have to stand on her sword to reach the window so unless she had some rope or did a handstand on it and pulled herself out with her feet she wouldn't be able to bring her sword out with her

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Ekusukariba posted:

Owari mentions that she can't reach the window by jumping, so Peko wouldn't be able to, she would have to stand on her sword to reach the window so unless she had some rope or did a handstand on it and pulled herself out with her feet she wouldn't be able to bring her sword out with her

Why couldn't she grip it between her feet and pull it up using her legs?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Why couldn't she just fly in the window? Hinata will watch Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon to get the appropriate evidence bullet.

Acornicus
Jun 10, 2013

Ekusukariba posted:

Speaking of rope, Peko's sword has a bag thing on it right? Could she use that to tie it to the sword? But I don't know how she'd pull it out then. :(

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

timpanihilistic posted:

I think people are really grasping at straws here, plus how would Hinata even be able to prove this? This is a mystery solving game - the point of it is to have actual clues to close in on a suspect. It's like people are really reaching to try to prove Peko as the culprit when all we have are water bottles. If she's going to be the culprit, we're going to get more evidence for it.

Incidentally, I'm honestly not enjoying this case as much as the first one. Maybe it's because it feels like it's been going on for much longer, or the whole video game element that plays into it. Or maybe it's the likely ensuing breakdown of either Saionjii or Kuzuryuu post-trial and I don't care for either of them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I may have missed something, but what exactly could've stopped the killer from entering the beach house via the tunnel-side door?

orenronen posted:

The other two doors are the two exits from the beach house. You can exit toward the beach or through the back door, which is facing the tunnel leading back to the diner.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

timpanihilistic posted:

For everyone coming up with similar asspull theories, this is not how the mystery genre works. This is a bit of an exaggeration, but if it hasn't been foreshadowed, it didn't happen.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
You guys do realize a sword is not a chair or a stool, right? It's a loving metal blade in a sheath, there is no way to use it as a platform save for embedding it into the ground. And I think the game probably would have pointed out the fact that there was a loving sword-shaped hole in the floor.

Amidiri
Apr 26, 2010

Lance Streetman posted:

You guys do realize a sword is not a chair or a stool, right? It's a loving metal blade in a sheath, there is no way to use it as a platform save for embedding it into the ground. And I think the game probably would have pointed out the fact that there was a loving sword-shaped hole in the floor.

In this case her sword is wooden, but all that does is remove the option of 'embedded into the ground', so... really the 'she stood on her sword' theory is so stupid that I'm surprised anyone bothered bringing it up.

zetsubous
Feb 19, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I may have missed something, but what exactly could've stopped the killer from entering the beach house via the tunnel-side door?

That was the door Mahiru's body was blocking. They could easily have *entered* that way, but they couldn't have *left* that way without rigging some complicated scheme to have Mahiru fall against the door after they left.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Ikoroshia

Oh, if it isn't Hinata-kun and Nanami-san. Fancy running into you two again.
Your timing’s a bit suspect... You sure you weren't just standing here waiting for us?

...Am I that transparent?
But, don't you think it would be better to work together? I mean, if you finished that game you must think the same way I do.

No... How can I be so vain? It's too much to expect I can reach the same conclusions as you guys do...
...Whatever. What do you want?

Remember the airport on the first island? I told everyone to gather over there.
...Who's "everyone"?

The people appearing in "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery", of course.
With everyone busy investigating, it would take too much time to run around asking everyone the same questions.

So, if you want to question them, come with me. I'll be over there waiting.

...What should we do?

Hmmm... It's not like we really have a choice, do we?
...Yeah, I guess you're right.

And so, off to the airport.

Hey, Hinata-kun! I'm over here!

I see he’s got Tsumiki, Mioda and Saionji here already...

The names in Twilight Syndrome's credits were...
...Tsumiki, Koizumi, Saionji, Mioda, Satou and Kuzuryuu.

I tried getting Kuzuryuu-kun to come here as well, but he's cooped up in his cottage and won't come out.

That's why he's not in attendance, unfortunately. It must be my incompetence in action... I'm sorry.

Huh? We could've just not come? But you told us we’d be executed if we didn’t!
...He told you what?!

He... He said Monobear had something very very important to tell us... T...That's why I’m here...

I'm sorry! I was lying!

Whaaaaaaaat?! Lying?!

Gahgahgahgahgah... We've been had!

W...What the...?!

T...That's it! I'm leaving!

Don’t you think you should at least wait until you hear what we have to say? Come on, Hinata-kun, help me out here.

H...He's making it look as though I've been in on it all along...

No, I don't have time to get angry right now. I need to hear what they have to say!

T...That's low...! You can't just go and deceive people like that...!

There's nothing I have to say to uncultured smart-asses like you!

"Uncultured", huh? Well, it's certainly true that I'm as normal as people get...

But, I'm also a Super High-school Level something... Probably.

Hey, Mioda... Can I ask you a few questions?

Give me all you've got!
...Did you play "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery"?

Nope! That's, like, to do with computers, right? Ibuki's no good at any of that stuff!

Ibuki's a hardliner! She doesn't touch anything electric other than electric guitars!

That must be a slight exaggeration, but... now's not a time for nitpicking.

Mioda has an very... unique... speaking style. There was a character in the game who reminded me a lot of her.

I have one more question. What was your relationship with Koizumi?

Huh? Do you mean that in a dirty way?
No. I think you know exactly what I mean.

Hmmm... Ibuki and Mahiru-chan's together-time, huh?

Oh! This morning, when Ibuki invited Mahiru-chan to the beach party, she looked totally down!
...Down? In what way?

Hmmm... There are a lot of ways to interpret the word "down", aren’t there? It usually makes Ibuki think of a department store roof...
Can we please get back to Koizumi?

Ibuki thinks... that Mahiru-chan wanted to talk to Ibuki about something.
She said she wanted to get us all together, but that Ibuki-chan probably wouldn't come because of the other plans...
Um... did she say exactly who she wanted to get together?

No, that's as far as Ibuki heard.
I see...

So Koizumi tried to invite Mioda to some kind of gathering...? For what reason?

Hey, do you have a minute? There are some things I want to ask you.
Did you play "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery"?

N...No... Everyone said we shouldn't... Besides, I'm not good with games.
I'm too slow... And I lose before I know what's happening...

The way she speaks... Her timidness... It’s just like the game's protagonist, A-ko.

By the way... Can we ask about your relationship with Koizumi-san, Tsumiki-san?

R...Relationship...? Me and Koizumi-san...?

I...I met her for the first time... when we were all in that classroom together...
And then, after we came to the island... She talked to me several times, but...

O...Oh! Do you think... do you think Koizumi-san hated me?!

Sniff... Of course she did... She hated me...

She doesn't seem to know anything... Or maybe I should say, she doesn't seem to remember anything.

But... even though she hated me she asked me to come to her gathering... She really was a kind person, wasn't she..?
...Hm? Gathering?

U...Um... This morning, Koizumi-san came by to invite me...
...This morning?

S...She had a serious expression on her face... She said she had something to discuss so she was getting some people together...
B...But... I had already said I'd go to the beach party... and I had to prepare myself before that event... so I had to refuse.
When I did... she looked at me with such sad eyes...

Maybe... maybe if I had gone with her... things wouldn't have ended up the way they did...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

What could Koizumi have been planning?

I see... We've gathered some important testimonies here. As far as I can tell...
...Koizumi-san must have completed that game too.
Why... do you think that?

If she hadn't, she wouldn't have picked these people to invite to her gathering.
But she did finish the game, and so came visiting the people who appear in it.

...She did the exact same thing we’ve just done.

But, she had a much more serious reason for doing so... I think.
I mean, she’d just finished the game... and found out she was in it.
Yeah, you're right...

But, something's weird here, isn't it? Why would Koizumi-san play the game in the first place?
Yeah, it's not like her at all...

...You talked her into it, didn’t you, Komaeda?

...Huh? Me?
I remember what you said back then...

By the way... what's up with Koizumi? She said she had something important to do and disappeared somewhere, didn’t she...?
...Huh? How come you know that?

You did, didn't you? You tricked her just like you tried to trick me...

That's not a very nice way to describe it. "Tricked", I mean.

How can you be so rude to Koizumi-san?!

A man as incompetent as me doesn't have nearly the level of cunning needed to make her change her mind.
She already intended to play the game at that point. All I did was... give her a little push.

...That's all it was!
W...What the hell...?!

Hey, more importantly... Shouldn't we hear her story as well? She's just been standing there, all quiet...
So, what do you have to say... Saionji-san?

If Koizumi tried to gather everyone who appeared in the game, she must have come to you as well, didn't she?

Is that right, Saionji?

Kyahahaha! She didn't! She never did!

Well, this sure is shocking! I never thought you'd ask such a simple question!
...So, that's it from me! Bye-bye!

Ah! Hey, Saionji! Wait!!

Saionji ran out of the airport, not bothering to even listen.

She ran away... I don't think there's any question about that.
She’s pretty clearly suspicious, isn’t she? I think that settles things.
I'm not so sure...

In any case, it seems our job here is done. Time to part our ways.
There are some... other avenues I have to explore.
See you guys later.

Hey! Wait!

What the hell's wrong with him?

So what's our next move, Nanami? Should we go back to the crime scene for another look?

It's important to investigate the crime scene thoroughly, but I thought I'd go look in Koizumi-san's cottage before we do that.
...Her cottage? Why?
If she completed that game, we should check out her room... That's what I think.

Perhaps... she's the one who got it.
Oh... you mean the prize from Monobear...
In that case, I'm coming with you. You don't mind, do you?

No...

That was a little... hesitant.

On to Koizumi's cottage, then.

The door... is unlocked.

Re: Mr. Monobear's Lesson

It's lame to do things only after you're told to, so I went and unlocked the door ahead of time!
But, you're forbidden from taking anything out of this room! What if someone else wants to investigate this room later?

Ikoroshia

...Anyway, let's go inside.

Re: Despair-Syndrome

This cottage smells nice... Definitely different from mine.

It feels... lived in. You can tell Koizumi lived here...

But... she’s never going to come back...

Let's get to it...

Music halts

...There must be some erotic magazines hidden in here somewhere!
...What the hell?!

It was just a joke.
A joke...? But you've never said anything like that before...

Ikoroshia

Still... It managed to calm my nerves a little.

...Was that what she was trying to do?

It seems we don't even have to search. Look, it's right here on the bed.
...On the bed?

Before we get to that, there's one very important thing to do.

HIDDEN MONOBEAR GET!

Hidden my rear end. That thing was right there in the window. How could Koizumi even sleep with that doll staring at her? Anyway, that makes all five Hidden Monobears for chapter 2 - once again a full set!

Before we get to the main issue, let's see what Koizumi did in her free time.

Those photos... Koizumi must have taken them. I think they were taken around the supermarket...

Even in our predicament, there are lot of smiling faces in these photographs. Koizumi must have made people smile just by being there...

There's an envelope on top of the bed.

Perhaps... this is what Monobear was talking about.
That prize that was given to the first person to complete the game...

...Shall we take a look inside?
Yeah... I guess we have to.

I turned the envelope over, and its content dropped out of it.

...It was several photos.

Ah. That photograph...

Re: DISTRUST

This photo...

It's a photo of Tsumiki, Mioda and Saionji. It looks like it was taken in some school's entrance hall.

It's... just like in the game...
Yes. It happened on the first day in Twilight's Truth Mode.
B-ko was annoyed because A-ko was late, and D-ko tried to calm them down by taking a photo...

Is that... the real picture from back then?

Evidence Bullet Get posted:

Entrance Hall Photo

Part of the prize for completing the game.
Tsumiki, Mioda and Saionji are photographed at a place that looks like a school entrance hall.

Now, look at this photo over here.

A broken flower vase...?
That... must be the same photo D-ko showed E-ko on the third day, right?
Yeah... a photo of a broken flower vase from the classroom next to the music room.

Broken Flower Vase Photo

A photo of a broken flower vase, the same as a photo D-ko showed E-ko in "Twilight Syndrome Murder Mystery". That was a picture of a broken vase in a classroom next to the music room.

But... this one... is worse...

I looked at the photo Nanami showed me... I found myself speechless.

...!
It's a photo of... a real dead body.
There's a piano in the background, so this must be the music room. Which means...
It's a photo of the first victim, isn't it?
The victim of the incident on the first day?
Yeah... The one that was blamed on a pervert.

Schoolgirl Crime Scene Photo

A photo of a girl dead in a music room.

There's just one more. This photo is the last.

Ulp...!
This must be E-ko, after she was killed on the fourth day.

I mean... it looks almost exactly the same as the dead body depicted in the game...

Yep, there's no question. The girl in this photo is E-ko.

E-ko Crime Scene Photo

The scene of E-ko's murder. It seems she was killed with a metal bat.

There are no more photos.
So, are you thinking what I’m thinking?

Yeah, I don't think there's any question. This was the prize for completing the game.

Yeah, it must be. And those photos prove it...

They prove that the murders in Twilight Syndrome all occurred in the real world.

And... if that's true... then the story about our memories being stolen must be true as well.

...Huh? What's this?
Is there something else in there?

Take a look. There was a note inside the envelope...

"Go play Twilight.
When you get a Game Over screen, just push Down-Up-Left-Left-Start to get to the secret mode.
When you do, I'm sure you'll remember. You'll remember what you bastards did to my sister.
We'll talk later."

T...This note...

Perhaps... the one who completed the game first and got the prize...
...Perhaps it wasn't Koizumi-san after all.
It was whoever sent this to Koizumi...
Whoever that is was the one Monobear gave the prize to.
So, Koizumi wasn't tricked by Komaeda after all... She got this envelope, and...

...And she went and played the game.

In that case, the person who completed the game first...

...Is the one who received this envelope. Hmm... Haven’t I seen that thing somewhere before?

Add to that the "sister" mentioned in the note...

...It all leads to one conclusion. It could only have been...

Evidence Bullet Update posted:

Prize for Winning the Game

The prize was discovered in Koizumi's room. There were four photographs in the envelope, along with a letter. The letter read:

"Go play Twilight.
When you get a Game Over screen, just push Down-Up-Left-Left-Start to get to the secret mode.
When you do, I'm sure you'll remember. You'll remember what you bastards did to my sister.
We'll talk later."

Ikoroshia

It was a good idea to come here. We found a very important clue.
...Yeah, so it seems.

But... there are still things remaining to investigate.

I have to find out who killed Koizumi here, in the real world, but...

...But there can’t be much time left. We have to hurry.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It couldn't be that simple, could it?

Actually, you know what? I'd like it to be. This case has got enough twists as it is. And with Kuzuryuu's sister arc, there's really nowhere for him to go unless he's going to go down Togami's DR1 route.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Kuzuryuu has got the strongest motive, but I don't see how he did it, unless he had/was an accomplice.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I'm pretty certain Kuzuryuu is the one who completed the game, but I don't think he's the murderer. It's just too simple. I bet he wanted to confront the girls, but didn't want to kill them (or did, but someone beat him to the punch). One of the other girls from the game murdered Mahiru.

It looks like Nagito is going to be the Togami of this game--the rear end in a top hat other detective who will work with you sometimes and do his own thing other times. Hell, he'll probably get up to more corpse-moving shenanigans! :haw: I am completely fine with this development.

Tea Bee
Apr 7, 2013
Who knows? They might be going the Phoenix Wright route and revealing it before the case starts, but making it hard to prove he's guilty. Keep in mind with Akane coming to the diner with a bloody head, Saionji running from the beach house, Sonia thinking it was Kirakira, and Nagito being Nagito, you'll probably end up proving everyone except the killer's innocence at some point.

It'll be a shame if they execute Kuzuryuu this early, considering I don't think he had proper character development. If he really is the killer, however, I'm interested in seeing his execution. I imagine it involving Tommy guns or cement shoes.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What, Kuzuryuu actually blamed them for his sister's death? I knew he was a bit dim, but I didn't think he was that stupid.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
It's kind of interesting that given the situation, Mahiru didn't insist on getting everyone to gather up. Apparently she asked everyone once and gave up looking somewhat sad. I wonder if she remembered anything or not after all.

Actually, I wonder if even Kuzuryuu really remembered anything. If he really had been enraged at Mahiru I kinda doubt he would have had the composure to ask her to play the game on her own and chat about it afterwards, and he didn't seem particularly more ticked off than usual when Hinata saw him holding the folder. Maybe he wanted Mahiru to remember in order to confirm that his sister really was dead.

Moreover, if he killed her, who found the body besides Saionji and Souda?

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!

Serious Frolicking posted:

What, Kuzuryuu actually blamed them for his sister's death? I knew he was a bit dim, but I didn't think he was that stupid.

I don't think anyone can be expected to be completely rational just after learning of the murder of a family member. What a horrific way to find out, too.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Serious Frolicking posted:

Keep in mind that there's no proof that Kuzuryuu actually wrote the note. While the mention of the "sister" makes it obviously seem like him, that could just be someone framing him or even just a troublemaker like Nagito trying to get someone murdered (depending on when exactly he was untied). Heck, even Monobear could have done it since we've seen in the previous game that he's not above providing misleading "motives" to make things interesting. The note's not even signed.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'd laugh if most of this was a giant red herring for this chapter and the answer really was "Nidai went nuts and tried to beat someone to death with a bat" (which is my favorite plausible theory). It would go against everything Monobear said about "missing links" but it would be pretty hilarious if it happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I'm just curious but are we 100% on the girl being his sister? Has this been confirmed or is it purely speculation?

• Locked thread