Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Facetious Jim posted:

It's better than the whole hired hitman thing.

No, it loving is not. It was creepy poo poo posting when someone talked about Koizumi and Saionji being lesbians, and it's creepy poo poo posting when you say Peko and Kuzuryuu are screwing. Talking about kids having sex is hosed up no matter what. Jesus, this isn't complicated stuff here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facetious Jim
Dec 13, 2009

kvltmanifesto posted:

you mean anime fans always shoehorn them in somewhere

Point.

Austrian mook posted:

I just had a post where I outlined a different theory literally above yours and yeah it's not perfect but it's not that.

I wouldn't be surprised if it does turn out they were both trying to kill the same person since that would explain why there's evidence pointing at two separate people, but that still really doesn't explain why Kuzuryuu would cover for her. Like someone earlier said, if Peko is the culprit and Kuzuryuu covers for her so that someone else is picked as the murder, he still dies. If Kuzuryuu is actually the culprit, Peko is going to die anyway so long as he is not voted which means covering for her is entirely unnecessary.

Looking at this from Kuzuryuu's perspective, this means he believes neither him nor Peko are culprits and legitimately wants to find the real one so he is not killed, he's the culprit and has a silly bullshit reason for jumping to Peko's defense, or Peko's the culprit and he has a reason for wanting her to live that is worth dying over.

Looking at this from Peko's perspective, the reasons she could have for trying to out herself as the culprit are that she wants the real culprit to go free to the point where she is willing to die to get it done, or she is the actual culprit and is just as crazy as she seems.

The problem is in either case you are picking between bullshit reasoning, or a motive strong enough for a person to die for. Love happens to be on the short list of 'things people will die over', I don't see how it is a bad theory.

EDIT: Also what? When did I ever say I thought they were screwing? 'Wants to' and 'are' are two very different things. I apologize if my being tongue-in-cheek is offensive or confusing.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Facetious Jim posted:

Point.

I wouldn't be surprised if it does turn out they were both trying to kill the same person since that would explain why there's evidence pointing at two separate people, but that still really doesn't explain why Kuzuryuu would cover for her. Like someone earlier said, if Peko is the culprit and Kuzuryuu covers for her so that someone else is picked as the murder, he still dies. If Kuzuryuu is actually the culprit, Peko is going to die anyway so long as he is not voted which means covering for her is entirely unnecessary.

Looking at this from Kuzuryuu's perspective, this means he believes neither him nor Peko are culprits and legitimately wants to find the real one so he is not killed, he's the culprit and has a silly bullshit reason for jumping to Peko's defense, or Peko's the culprit and he has a reason for wanting her to live that is worth dying over.

Looking at this from Peko's perspective, the reasons she could have for trying to out herself as the culprit are that she wants the real culprit to go free to the point where she is willing to die to get it done, or she is the actual culprit and is just as crazy as she seems.

The problem is in either case you are picking between bullshit reasoning, or a motive strong enough for a person to die for. Love happens to be on the short list of 'things people will die over', I don't see how it is a bad theory.

EDIT: Also what? When did I ever say I thought they were screwing? 'Wants to' and 'are' are two very different things. I apologize if my being tongue-in-cheek is offensive or confusing.

Kuzuryuu thinks a lot of himself, and he's a prick. I'd imagine he'd feel pretty ashamed that someone got to his sisters killer before him? I don't know, it's not a perfect theory, not a particularly good one, but I do think it's less loving stupid than almost anything I've read so far.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
At first I was skeptical of this whole Peko-Peko being Kirayoma, but the glowing eyes and the Sailor Moon pose just really sold it to me. Its nice to see the characters react like the threadgoers. Hopefully, after Kiri-Kiri's execution, Kuzuryuu will inherit the mask and sunbathe the entire cast in Justice. Just some complete Ishida poo poo.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

We have not seen Kira Kira in an image nor have we seen any of Kira Kira's quirks and what not. We just heard about such a person existing. Peko can be easily pulling all of this out of her rear end to hide something, which is why it's so dumb sounding.

Fumbles
Mar 22, 2013

Can I get a reroll?

One reason Kuzuryuu could be covering for Peko if he hired her is so he doesn't die.

If a trial ends with picking the wrong person, everyone but the True Killer dies. If Kuzuryuu has reason to believe that means him using another person to kill someone else (We can't use our DR1 Celes logic here, he doesn't know about that and the rules might very well be different here) results in him being the "true culprit", a defense of Peko could make her seem more suspicious or get them to go back to voting for Saionji. He wins either way since he has a rock-solid alibi. This all hinges on whether a hitman counts as a murderer or a weapon, but it's a legitimate reason that doesn't involve two kids loving because of true love :syoon:

I doubt Kirakira-chan would go along with willingly sacrificing herself, so Kuzuryu couldn't just convince her to make it obvious, and if he went against her he might end up the next target. A half-assed defense is a great offense in this case, and the break between cases tells me it might have worked.

Fumbles fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Sep 9, 2013

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Trial 19 (Raw) (Youtube via Polsy)
Trial 19 (Sub) (Youtube via Polsy)

I'm sorry! Can we keep going just a little while longer?

U...Um... Excuse me, but... may we continue discussing this just a little longer...?

Er... you realise we already voted, right?

B...But... there is something still bothering me... I mean, something is most odd here...

...Eh?

Odd...? What do you mean? Pekoyama is clearly the culprit!

That... that may be true, but... It's just...

You are wondering whether Pekoyama-san really is this "Kirakira-chan"... That's what on your mind as a serial killer fan, isn't it, Sonia-san?

...What?!

Oy! Sonia-san isn't a “serial killer fan”! She's just... a bit more passionate about them than the average person!

That's the very definition of a fan!

To tell you the truth, I had this very same doubt on my mind. I mean...
There’s a clear-cut inconsistency between the Kirakira-chan that Sonia-san knows and our Pekoyama-san, isn't there?

A...An inconsistency?

Well... think about what Sonia-san said before regarding Kirakira-chan...

"Jus ・ tice ・ Com ・ plete!"
"Piercing the very night itself with the shining light of justice’s brightest star!"
"Call me Kirakira-chan!"
Um, what... was that?
That was Kirakira-chan's catch phrase... Or, at least, that's what they say it is.
A serial killer... with a catch phrase?
I read it in a magazine at the library.
Only one journalist has ever actually encountered Kirakira-chan...
That magazine printed Kirakira-chan's words as he heard them, so I just had to translate it.

Oh... Oh! Of course! It’s right there!

The inconsistency between Pekoyama and Kirakira-chan is...

Technique / Gender / Nationality / Height

THAT'S IT!

Of course... When we first discussed it, Sonia said...

I read the article in the original magazine, so I had to translate it.

You “had to translate it”... In other words... it wasn’t written in Japanese!

...What?!

Yes! The magazine I read the article in was in Spanish!

And so... Kirakira-chan's lines were obviously also Spanish...

That is, both the journalist who encountered Kirakira-chan... and... Kirakira-chan him or herself...!

THEY WEREN'T EVEN JAPANESE?!

WHA?! (×Д♯)

I... I’ve been wrong about this from the very beginning...

I first heard about this Kirakira-chan in the same conversation as that “Genocider Syo” character, who is rumored to be a Japanese schoolgirl...

And so, I assumed Kirakira-chan was Japanese, like Genocider Syo.

...But, that wasn't the case.

Which means...

Pekoyama... You’re not Kirakira-chan... You can't be.

Or... if you are, maybe you could repeat those lines in Spanish?

...Can you?

Heh. So soon, the time has come to take off this mask.

But that is fine. After all... I no longer have any need of it.
You have realized the truth... but it is too late.
My role... is complete.
My role as a tool... is over and done.

H...Huh...? She... seems to be back to the same as before...?

This mask has served its purpose... as have I.

W...What's going on...? “You’ve served your purpose”? “It’s too late”? What do you mean?

It’s as Souda said... You’ve already voted.

...Eh?

O...Oy... Speak more clearly!! We're asking what your goal was!

I have none. I am merely a tool.

A...A tool...? What does that mean?

If Pekoyama-san is a tool... It means there had to be someone else using that tool, doesn't it?

Heh. Naturally. What good is a tool without a wielder?

I see. I finally get it. Well, I thought it was something like that all along...

What's... going on?

In short, there was someone else at the crime scene other than Pekoyama-san and Saionji-san.

S...Someone else?!

There's even evidence that supports that. Try to remember.

If there was another person at the crime scene... Maybe that would explain...

The footprints / The body discovery announcement / The surfboard case / The murder weapon

I SEE!

You mean... the body discovery announcement, don't you?

Yeah, exactly. Remember what Monobear said before?

Well, how about today's murder? Do the 3 people include the murderer or not?
Fine, fine, I get it. I should just come out and say it, right? This time, it doesn't include the culprit. Happy? Now leave me alone.

That announcement is made after three people or more discover the body.
Today, that did not include the culprit, Pekoyama-san.

In that case, the only people who discovered the body were Saionji-san and Souda-kun, but...

Oh... we're lacking one person.

So there had to have been another person there!

Furthermore, Monobear tried to hide this truth from us, going as far as having us treat the rule flexibly...
We should have treated that as an essential clue. It tells us there was, perhaps, an accomplice...

No, it is nothing like that...

...Oh? Am I wrong?

Yes. Your whole line of inquiry is fundamentally flawed. As I said, I am a tool...
...Only a simple tool in the hands of my user.

...What?

And that "user"...
That's the person who had the strongest motive in this incident, isn't it?

CHOOSE A CULPRIT!

This is not even worthy of a cliffhanger.

IT COULD ONLY HAVE BEEN YOU!

...Kuzuryuu?

I see... so that's how it all fits together... The motive and the murder...

But, that motive was just a game, wasn't it? Was there even any reason to believe it was real?
Can a game... really be such a strong motive?

No... the events portrayed in the game had to have happened in real life.

After all... there’s evidence that makes that indisputable.

Prize for winning the game

THAT PROVES IT!

I thought if it had nothing to do with Koizumi's murder there's no need to go too deeply into it, but...

...The events in the game definitely happened in real life. I mean... take a look at the “prize”... at those photos...

Do these look like videogame graphics to you?
No... They are all real photographs of real locations and real people.

You... knew that, didn't you, Kuzuryuu?

You knew all along whether the first victim really was your sister, didn't you?

You knew... because you were the one who first received the prize, weren’t you?

What's this envelope? Is there something inside?
S...Shut up! What gives you the right to interrogate me?!

That's what that envelope was, wasn't it? The prize for winning the game...

Ku...!

When one is shown a photo of his own sister's dead body, how can he not believe it?
Nevertheless, you wanted to deny the photo. You wanted to make sure, and that was why you sent it to Koizumi-san, wasn’t it?

H...Hey, why are we even talking about Kuzuryuu? Who cares about him...?

Pekoyama was the killer, right? She was, right? Pekoyama is our culprit!

We've already voted for her!

That is why I said you are too late.
As I said many times already, I am nothing but a tool...
I have no motive for killing Koizumi, no reason and no volition of my own.
I have been used as a tool, nothing more. A tool cannot refuse a command.

W...What's going on? Can someone explain it to me in simple words...?

In simple words? I am not the culprit!
Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu, who used me as a murder weapon, is the true culprit who killed Mahiru Koizumi!

Wha...!?

What the hell?!

I see... So that was your goal, Pekoyama-san.

My goal? No... I had no goal.
The young master had a goal. All this... was according to his plan.

Y...Young master...?

And that... is the truth behind this murder.
It is too late for you now, though. You cannot go back on your votes.

That... is troubling.
If Pekoyama-san's argument is accepted, that means we were all wrong, doesn't it?

I...In that case no one gets to survive...!

No one... but me...

T...That's not right! It's not right, however you look at it!

H...How is Pekoyama a tool...?
SHE’S CLEARLY HUMAN!!

That is not for you to decide... It is up to Monobear.

Voting is already complete! All that's left is follow Monobear's judgment!

W...What the hell...

Not bad, all considered.

Hmmm... What to do... what to do...

Anyway... that brings this trial to its thrilling conclusion! Stay tuned for the results, right after this!

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
I'm amazed only a single person (as far as I saw) caught this:

maketakunai posted:

Well, we still don't know if she actually is Kirakira. She was fishing for Kirakira info from Sonia and then word-for-word copies exactly what Sonia said Kirakira's catchphase was - even though Sonia says she had to translate the catchphrase. :shobon:

We would have been spared pages upon pages of dumb speculation if someone had noticed that earlier, and/or if people actually acknowledged maketakunai's post.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Well, clearly Monobear won't rule Peko as a tool, or the game would end right there.

Even so, she outsmarted everyone with this. That's impressive.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

We could just not say anything since we have 0 hints as to what Peko's actual motive is. Kuzuryuu's involvment is one update away from getting cleared up (presumably) so we could just hold our horses till then. He's probably the first witness. The room isn't a "closed" room until after the body blocks the door after all. That's about all we can reliably theorize on. Let's not deny the culprit their last words.

Montegoraon posted:

That's incorrect. First game, second case, Ishimaru votes for the wrong person while everyone else was unanimous. Monobear mocks him for it, but nothing comes of it.
No, I mean that if you (one person playing as Naegi), selects wrong, everyone else is doomed. Even if other people have a clear idea who the culprit is.

In that same second trial, Togami knew who the culprit was and kirigiri tricked Owada into exposing a detail only the murderer would know at that point in time. Yet if Naegi doesn't get it then and there and chooses wrong, its game over. At least that's what I thought I heard from the thread a while back.

EDIT:

Update happenend while typing. a reading we shall go!

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

orenronen posted:

Anyway... that brings this trial to its thrilling conclusion! Stay tuned for the results, right after this!

Assholes, both of you.

But yeah, I figured this was coming. And obviously Monobear will rule that Pekoyama was the murderer because she was the one who actually did the killing, since he's thankfully literal like that.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Ah, sweet vindication.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
The interesting thing to notice here is that Kuzuryuu looks upset at the prospect of winning the game. Presumably we'll find out why soon, as well as getting an explanation for Peko's actions.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
Why would she reveal this information? What if Monobear decides that she was the murderer instead of just a murder tool? The whole island knows now that Kuzuryuu is a murderer! If the ruling doesn't go the way she hopes it will, Kuzuryuu will be hell. He's been made a target.

I'm happy that thread goons were kind of wrong for once.

Geg
May 29, 2013
Ha, that was evil ending the last update right before Sonia popped up.

That was an interesting way to twist it at the end regarding whether a person can be used as a murder weapon, but given how this obviously isn't the end of the game it seems clear what Monobear will rule

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

GrizzlyCow posted:

Why would she reveal this information?

If she didn't reveal it, then Monobear would just claim that she was the culprit. With what she has said, now there is the possibility that she isn't the culprit.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

BlazeEmblem posted:

Well, clearly Monobear won't rule Peko as a tool, or the game would end right there.

Even so, she outsmarted everyone with this. That's impressive.

Monobear doesn't really give a poo poo about motive. And And all that blather about how she's just a tool is just motive. She can claim that Kuzuryuu is the true murderer all she wants but so long as he didn't swing the bat himself, she's still the murderer.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm not sure which Monobear would find more delicious, everyone but Peko's despair as he kills everyone but Kuzuuryu, or Peko's despair as he flips her the metaphorical finger and judges all her subterfuge to be worthless anyway and that she's the killer.

Facetious Jim
Dec 13, 2009
So the mob enforcer theory has been thrown around before the trial ever started. I haven't believed it until now because there was nothing to suggest that in the game.

Did I miss something important that foreshadowed this or was that a wild guess that caught on/someone spoiled it early and passed it off as a guess?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Yeah, I don't see Monobear acknowledging her line of reasoning as legitimate. She can claim she's a tool with no agency until she's blue in the face, but at the end of the day, she's the one who chooses to be a tool. Whether because she was trained to do so or because she's being coerced, she's ultimately the one who made the decision to accept her orders and end someone else's life.

I'm curious as to how Monobear's execution will drive that point home for her. :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Well. Hm. Still need an explanation for why Peko was willing to do this for Kuzuryuu, but this looks like it'll work out decently.

Also, yeah, it was a nice try Peko but you (and you alone) are fuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

drat, I'm not going to like this execution. This might be the first execution since Kirigiri's that's happened to a character I've really liked, and I rather doubt Peko's coming back from this one. :smith:

Alavaria
Apr 3, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, I don't see Monobear acknowledging her line of reasoning as legitimate. She can claim she's a tool with no agency until she's blue in the face, but at the end of the day, she's the one who chooses to be a tool. Whether because she was trained to do so or because she's being coerced, she's ultimately the one who made the decision to accept her orders and end someone else's life.

I'm curious as to how Monobear's execution will drive that point home for her. :allears:
Beaten beaten to death with a wrench.

Geg
May 29, 2013
I also wonder if there's gonna be another despair-twist at the end that reveals a lot of the Twilight Syndrome mystery was made up. It just feels hard to believe that Koizumi actually killed Kuzuryuu's sister

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

I think Peko might be getting Kuzuryuu killed here, she thinks she's telling Monobear that Kuzuryuu is the sole murderer because he was the one "swinging the tool", but all I'm reading from her is "we're both murderers, in a sense".

If I was Monobear I'd kill em both, what better way to induce despair then a sudden (but justifiable and thus fair) double execution?

Penakoto fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Sep 9, 2013

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Am pretty sure Monobear is still going to execute Peko because even though Kuzuryuu ordered the hit and used her as a tool she still is the murderer in this case. Though I do see Kuzuryuu as a target for the next murderer or the one to blame first in the next case after this.

Facetious Jim
Dec 13, 2009

Geg posted:

I also wonder if there's gonna be another despair-twist at the end that reveals a lot of the Twilight Syndrome mystery was made up. It just feels hard to believe that Koizumi actually killed Kuzuryuu's sister

She didn't. Her friend E-ko (I forget what her real name was) did; Koizumi just removed a key piece of evidence from the crime scene that would have implicated her in the crime.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Penakoto posted:

I think Peko might be getting Kuzuryuu killed here, she thinks she's telling Monobear that Kuzuryuu is the sole murderer because he was the one "swinging the tool", but all I'm reading from her is "we're both murderers, in a sense".

Not really. Even if we assume Monobear was at all inclined to view murders that way, we've already voted for Peko. Either she and she alone dies, or everyone but Kuzuryuu dies and he gets to leave.

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Narsham posted:

The interesting thing to notice here is that Kuzuryuu looks upset at the prospect of winning the game. Presumably we'll find out why soon, as well as getting an explanation for Peko's actions.

This update confirmed that Kuzuryuu and Peko have a history together; specifically, she seems to be a servant of his ("my young master"). Therefore, while finding out his sister was dead could've made him lose motivation to get off the island, he could've still wanted to at least let the only other person we know he's on decent terms with, his loyal servant, get out. As we just saw though, Peko acted on the assumption that Kuzuryuu would be regarded as the culprit instead.

So my guess is that Kuzuryuu was trying to get Peko off the island; Peko was trying to get Kuzuryuu off instead.

CandyCrazy fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 9, 2013

Geg
May 29, 2013

Facetious Jim posted:

She didn't. Her friend E-ko (I forget what her real name was) did; Koizumi just removed a key piece of evidence from the crime scene that would have implicated her in the crime.

Oh yeah, that's why in the last update Peko said she was an accomplice to a crime or something like that. I guess I forgot which kid was which

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Color Printer posted:

But yeah, I figured this was coming. And obviously Monobear will rule that Pekoyama was the murderer because she was the one who actually did the killing, since he's thankfully literal like that.

I'm going to agree that Monobear will ultimately rule Pekoyama as the true culprit, since they wouldn't really end the game in Chapter 2 with everyone getting killed for failing to guess the killer.

Narsham posted:

I was just going to point that out. He seems just as shocked as everyone else to learn about Peko's motive. Kuzuryuu's actions so far don't seem like the actions of someone who was in on this vast conspiracy to commit murder. He was the one defending Peko when she was accused of the murder, after all, even when she wasn't defending herself.

If this murder is the result of some sort of "hitman" arrangement between Kuzuryuu and Pekoyama, then perhaps this is the result of a misunderstanding, and Peko only thought that Kuzuryuu wanted to kill Koizumi. Or maybe he changed his mind after the plan was put into motion, and he went to the beach house to try to stop the murder, only to arrive too late.

Joenen
Feb 15, 2012

Givin Kuzuryuu's reaction, Pekoyama seems to have jumped the gun.

Sweet, character development beats muder induced by psycopathy any day.

Though...I guess we got a bit of both. Still nice.

Kuzuryuu's probably quite conflicted. He probably knew the murder was his fault and didn't know how to react to it. Pekoyama acted out of turn or assumed his feelings, and he's left with a get out of jail free card (if monobear accepts Pekoyama's argument) plus extra revenge for his Sister. At the same time, he probably didn't want this to happen, I think he sent Mahiru the photos and such to give them are fair chance at recompense.

Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Joenen fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 9, 2013

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I'm amazed only a single person (as far as I saw) caught this:

We would have been spared pages upon pages of dumb speculation if someone had noticed that earlier, and/or if people actually acknowledged maketakunai's post.

We got pages of speculation that Peko was a Yakuza ninja assassin anyway, we didn't need more of that.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

Not really. Even if we assume Monobear was at all inclined to view murders that way, we've already voted for Peko. Either she and she alone dies, or everyone but Kuzuryuu dies and he gets to leave.

What about Alter Ego? Different situation and reasoning, but he was killed in an execution despite not being voted as the murderer, so I think, if given an excuse or reason, it wouldn't explicitly be outside the rules to execute someone else along with the voted-on murderer.

maketakunai
Jan 11, 2006

What do you mean,
"it's only a game"?!

W.T. Fits posted:

In the first game, Monobear had this to say:

quote:

I will not disallow anyone from assisting with a killing, but the only one who can “graduate” is the single culprit who actually carried out the murder.
Different Monobear controller, different game, but it might still hold up. It's the same situation as Celes/Yamada, really, except Yamada died before he could be tried for Ishimaruda's death.

Geg posted:

"What, you bastards thought the game was real!?" Same dealy as DR1 Chapter 4, maybe. It'd be great to see :allears:

Facetious Jim posted:

So the mob enforcer theory has been thrown around before the trial ever started. I haven't believed it until now because there was nothing to suggest that in the game.

Did I miss something important that foreshadowed this or was that a wild guess that caught on/someone spoiled it early and passed it off as a guess?
There wasn't any explicit foreshadowing, except Pekoyama hung out around Kuzuryuu a lot, Kuzuryuu's a SHSL Gangster, and.. well, that's all, really. Maybe that swordsmen/swordswomen are considered to be proficient with deadly weapons could have lead to it as well. She's using what looks to be a real sword on her Page 1 art, too. :shobon:

Penakoto posted:

What about Alter Ego? Different situation and reasoning, but he was killed in an execution despite not being voted as the murderer, so I think, if given an excuse or reason, it wouldn't explicitly be outside the rules to execute someone else along with the voted-on murderer.
That's assuming Monobear would treat a computer AI as a person. I don't really think he would. Technically, AE didn't die anyways :v:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Penakoto posted:

That happened for two specific reasons: 1.) The actual murderer was dead, having murdered herself and all, and 2.) gently caress with me and I gently caress you, kids! :haw:

lambj3
Dec 29, 2012

Penakoto posted:

Alter Ego was taken out because he was loving with Monobear's poo poo and also as a means of inducing more despair. Keeping Kuzuryuu alive will presumably add despair for himself because he'll have to live after seeing Peko executed, but also for everyone else knowing that there is someone on the island who is willing to go to that extent.

Facetious Jim
Dec 13, 2009

Penakoto posted:

According to Junko, the events of DR1 were being broadcasted over television to the entire word as a gently caress you to everyone still trying to hold out against the monopocalypse. Killing off everyone would make quick work of your television show. That's also why Monobear disallowed someone just murdering everyone else all at once to win.

However, everyone escaping murder-free wouldn't be very despair-inducing so he killed the laptop.

I doubt Monobear will allow a re-vote to kill Kuzuryuu because Peko already fills his one-murder-a-trial despair quota.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

That happened for two specific reasons: 1.) The actual murderer was dead, having murdered herself and all, and 2.) gently caress with me and I gently caress you, kids! :haw:

You forgot reason three. It was an opportunity to create some free despair.

I dunno, I've been expecting something like this to come along for awhile, an excuse to execute multiple people. When the idea first came up (in my head, not the thread) it seemed like a very possible and cool twist, and now I feel it could happen.

But I guess I'm reaching, Monobear might just be messing with Peko by not outright dismissing her "Kuzuryuu is the real killer!" claim.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Penakoto posted:

You forgot reason three. It was an opportunity to create some free despair.

I dunno, I've been expecting something like this to come along for awhile, an excuse to execute multiple people. When the idea first came up (in my head, not the thread) it seemed like a very possible and cool twist, and now I feel it could happen.

But I guess I'm reaching, Monobear might just be messing with Peko by not outright dismissing her "Kuzuryuu is the real killer!" claim.

Nah, it's just gonna be Peko. Leaving Kuzuryuu alive is the obvious choice for more despair: He gets to stew in his own muck from having gotten what appears to be at the very least a friend killed, probably some guilt over Koizumi too, and dealing with probably being shunned by the rest of the group - except maybe Nagito, lucky him! As for the rest of the group, they get the added tension of knowing that two among their number have now attempted murder in one form of another and no doubt start wondering when Nagito/Kuzuryuu might strike again or when another decent kid is going to crack.

If Kuzuryuu dies, it's probably just an opportunity for the rest to grow closer in their grief, especially since none of the other kids apart from Nagito are antagonistic or mysterious in the way Togami The First or Celes or even Kirigiri were.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Sep 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabidredneck
Oct 30, 2010

Not pleasant when angered.
I know it's been brought up before, but monobear has been clear that as far as he's concerned, the person who actually does the deed is the killer. It likely wouldn't matter to him that Kuzuryuu ordered the hit, just that Peko accepted the order and did the deed. He'd probably be laughing his furry rear end off at Kuzuryuu, as he would then be ostracized by every other member of the group, and likely become a potential target himself from someone wanting revenge.

However, if Kuzuryuu didn't specifically order the hit, but instead just implied he wanted her dead without actually wanting to; say he was just ranting about wanting her to die like he threatens everyone else to leave him alone and Peko took him literally, then his "Oh Crap" look is justified. Congrats Yakuza boy, you're indirectly responsible for someone's death.

• Locked thread