Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Miss Kalle posted:

If somebody's dead, it's probably going to be one of the three not in the shot (as ApplesandOranges pointed out).

Hinata? :v:
Hanamura is growing on me, despite him being a huge creep. I just can't be mad at someone who looks like an adorable piggy. :3: Also Nidai suddenly became terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

Call Now posted:

Hinata? :v:
Hanamura is growing on me, despite him being a huge creep. I just can't be mad at someone who looks like an adorable piggy. :3: Also Nidai suddenly became terrible.

I thought Hinata being alive was a given :j: otherwise how could he mention the shocking sight in front of him?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Oreeeen! :argh:

Though man, since he's missing from our cliffhanger picture, I really hope Hanamura didn't just get shanked or something. He's been growing on me these last couple of updates. :ohdear:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Guarding the circuit breaker is a smart idea. Lots of things can happen with the lights out. Especially with Hanamura around. Looks like it didn't work, though.

Mahiru's pictures might be useful evidence to give alibi's to various people. I'm pretty sure there will be a death at the party.

Hanamura's voice could be heard in the blackout, he was surprised that the blackout wasn't just the kitchen, so he's probably still alive.

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 19, 2013

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Miss Kalle posted:

I thought Hinata being alive was a given :j: otherwise how could he mention the shocking sight in front of him?

Perhaps he's a ghoost :ghost:

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Wyvernil posted:

And since Kuzuryuu is a SHSL Gangster, he'd definitely have the criminal background to have learned how to pick locks(allowing him access to the case with all the weapons inside).

Don't think that he'd be involved with the weapons case because he didn't go to the party. Togami didn't mention the case until that night so Kuzuryuu wouldn't have had a chance to learn about it and want it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Call Now posted:

Perhaps he's a ghoost :ghost:

And then Dangan Ronpa becomes Ghost Trick.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Hanamura posted:

Eh? You're not predisposed to Boy's Love, Hinata-kun? My fantasies are a little shattered.

Good to know Hanamura's scattershot methods include guys, too.

But he's one of the people absent, isn't he? :ohdear:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Peko's the only one to have supposedly seen Kuzuryuu and is now taking off with all the dangerous items to "guard" them. The game is just screaming that she's the killer and there isn't even a body on screen yet. The bathroom is "occupied", huh?

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Mondlicht posted:

Also, is it implied that someone's locked in the bathroom? Wondering what that's about.

Peko could theoretically hide a skewer in her little sword carrier thing, hmm.

Is the implication that someone's been in the washroom since we got here?

OKAY: Head count- who's where at the moment that Coach needs to take a poo poo-

Hinata - in the hall
Nagito - ... apparently M.I.A. at this point :tinfoil: Last seen wishing Chiaki well.
Souda - in the hall (he's seen in the special art of everyone eating at least. Can't see him otherwise but I think he's just offscreen.)
Gundam - in the hall
Mikan - in the hall
Ibuki - in the hall
Nidai - in the hall
Kuzuryuu - M.I.A.
Mahiru - in the hall
Chiaki - on Monomi duty
Peko - on weapon-guard duty
Hanamura - missing, probably in the kitchen?
Sonia - in the hall
Akane - in the hall
Hiyoko - in the hall
Togami - in the hall

edit: Other than the obvious things, one thing I got from this is the students seem to think that Monomi and Monobear aren't secret collaborators. I'm not quite sure what Chiaki thinks she can do though?

Falls Down Stairs fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 19, 2013

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Sonia and Gundam are still alive at least, phew. I'm not gonna speculate wildly on who is dead, if anyone since I just have a gut instinct at the moment. I'm hoping Toagmi at least is still alive after that tantalising hint to, seemingly, the events of DR1. Partly because I dislike when stuff like this immediately kills off someone from the previous title, it always seems like a cheap way of provoking the audience.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

orenronen posted:

The sequence was just too long. At least you're getting an update a day until something does happen, I promise.

So what you're saying is there isn't a pile of dead Nagito, Byakuya, Teruteru, Kazuichi, and Mikan all stuck through with the same skewer?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I really doubt anyone who was in the room during lights out (including Hanamura) is dead. We would have heard a scream of pain of someone getting skewered by a, well, skewer. Meaning whatever they're seeing is not a body. Probably just a joke like last time. Maybe Togami ate all the food when the lights went out. :v:

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

I wouldn't put too much thought into who appears in room shots. Since the rooms in this game pan left and right, there are almost always characters who are in the scene but off camera. I know for a fact there are characters who are in the room at the time of the screenshot at the end of the update who don't appear in it.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

I'm kind of missing something. Where the hell did Chiaki even go? She said she was gonna find Monomi but I was under the impression they just kind of appear/disappear whenever they want. What is the purpose of physically leaving the room to go look for something that just poofs into existence? :psyduck: For this reason I think Chiaki is doing something shady. It just doesn't add up to me.

Also this is the second time Coach has talked about his poo poo and the crapper.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Watch us over-complicate this and it'll end up being like that one cliffhanger that ended with Mikan on the ground. :v:

Really if oren said he just split up the content because it was too long for one update then it's better to just wait and see how it resolves itself.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Suzuki Method posted:

I'm kind of missing something. Where the hell did Chiaki even go? She said she was gonna find Monomi but I was under the impression they just kind of appear/disappear whenever they want. What is the purpose of physically leaving the room to go look for something that just poofs into existence? :psyduck: For this reason I think Chiaki is doing something shady. It just doesn't add up to me.

Also this is the second time Coach has talked about his poo poo and the crapper.

Well, I think the implication is supposed to be that she's going to try to get Monomi's attention, and to do that, she'll have to step outside, or at least wait by the door since the current set-up is designed to keep stuffed animals out. There was a bit of implication the last time Monomi showed up that she actually needs physical proximity to get her attention while Monobear just sees everything on the security system.

Last game, it was possible to call Monobear out, which did happen for various reasons. It's a bit different with Monomi if she can't see everything over the security systems but it does seem that she sticks nearby where-ever the largest group of students is.

likecnsnnts
Jun 16, 2008

SPLINTER CELLULITE
So immediately suspicious is Pekoyama, since she was guarding the circuit breaker, which the game made sure to mention. She had to have been compromised. (removed because I seem to have made up some dialogue in a fever dream :tinfoil:). Would the game throw something at us with multiple accomplices before the accomplice rule has been made? Or is this a training exercise of Togami's design to get them thinking critically and remaining on guard?

Finally, if Portal 2 has taught me anything about game design, it's that you make players follow sources of light to guide them through puzzles. I am immediately suspicious of that loving bone on the comically large piece of meat. Is it really gonna end up being a bludgeoning weapon?

likecnsnnts fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 20, 2013

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
A summary of notable things so far:

-A skewer is missing and Hanamura claims it was already gone when he arrived. The only person to be in here earlier was Nagito.
-Gundam dropped an earring
-The wooden floors have large cracks
-Nagito discouraged people from being around the storage room
-The bathroom is locked, potentially with someone inside
-Togami said he can't let the second case leave his sight. The lights went out for a while, so it did.
-Chaiki, Peko, and Kuzuryu are MIA. All three of them left voluntarily.
-Peko was the last person to see Kuzuryu and be in the room with the breaker / weapons
-Cameras are obviously visible in the room, so it's not a leap to say Monobear / Monomi knows this is happening.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

likecnsnnts posted:

I am immediately suspicious of that loving bone on the comically large piece of meat. Is it really gonna end up being a bludgeoning weapon?
I hope not because like half the deaths in the last game were bludgeoning. Spice it up, game!

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

likecnsnnts posted:

Also suspicious is Togami, since he was the one who bolted the windows

What evidence is there that Togami was responsible for the windows being bolted over?

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

W.T. Fits posted:

What evidence is there that Togami was responsible for the windows being bolted over?

None, there's just the over-convenient correlation between him wanting a building with a single defendable entry point and getting one where the windows have steel plating installed over them. No explanation has been forthcoming as to why the windows are like that.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Dumb crap.

Call Now posted:

gently caress your persistent coy spoiler bullshit.

I wouldn't call "I've been looking forward to this" much of a spoiler, considering it just happened. Not much of a spoiler that way.

HelloWinter posted:

Yeah... sorry man, that kind of comment doesn't really add anything to the conversation.

That's an entirely fair point though it's too late to edit it out now. :v:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Anatharon posted:

DON'T QUOTE THE SPOILER!!!

gently caress your persistent coy spoiler bullshit.

E: ^^ It's literally "guys this part is going to be so good just watch". Not a real spoiler, but still bullshit.
Also your first post in this thread was the same, come on dude

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Feb 20, 2013

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Yeah... sorry man, that kind of comment doesn't really add anything to the conversation.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah, don't be this guy.

Walterion
Feb 26, 2010

orenronen posted:

The sequence was just too long. At least you're getting an update a day until something does happen, I promise.

If this is the scenario, I'm quite happy about it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Souda - in the hall (he's seen in the special art of everyone eating at least. Can't see him otherwise but I think he's just offscreen.)y
Hanamura - missing, probably in the kitchen?

Hanamura was also in the shot of people eating.

Mondlicht posted:

Either we're going to see a body, or Monobear just appeared in the middle of the party. Those are my guesses.

There was what I believe appears to be a camera right by Hanamura's head in the group shot, so it's not impossible.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 19, 2013

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I guess whoever is responsible for whatever happened is still in the room. Unless they have very long arms. Say thirty or forty feet.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Anatharon posted:

Hanamura was also in the shot of people eating.

Yeah, I worded it dumb (I never really thought he was missing especially since I think I hear his voice during the lights-out bit) but I was sort of thinking "he's either in the hall and just not in the screenshot or he's in the kitchen because the implication seems to be that he's going back and forth between the two rooms" and inexplicably settled on the idea he's in the kitchen. :shobon:

The main thing I was thinking of was trying to determine who could be in the washroom (if somebody is, indeed, in the washroom, and it's not locked for other reasons) and it's looking like it'd have to be Nagito unless Kuzuryuu showed up in secret or Chiaki or Peko left their respective posts.

Speaking of the voices during the lights-out bit, the last voice that says they're going to go check on the breaker is Togami, right?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Hanamura is in the kitchen actually, his last line before the power goes out is that he's still bringing food in and this is after the shot of everyone eating. Then after the power goes out someone yells about being in the kitchen.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
What kind of teenage party(or any good party, for that matter) doesn't have booze?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Medieval Medic posted:

What kind of teenage party(or any good party, for that matter) doesn't have booze?

The kind that takes place between kidnapped kids trapped on an island with only whatever their kidnapper(s) decided to give them.

The first shot of the next update better be a bloody corpse. Get to the murder already! :argh:

enterthemirror
Feb 19, 2013

Medieval Medic posted:

That's what's in Togami's box.

Rawkking
Sep 4, 2011
The last of what we've heard from Togami in that blackout sequence is "Oy! What are you doing?! Stop it!" followed by someone grunting, translated as "Ow!" in text (a male voice, could be Togami).

:ohdear:

Edit: Ok the grunt doesn't quite sound like Togami, more Nagito/Soudai, but still very vague.

Rawkking fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 20, 2013

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

DeathBySpoon posted:

A summary of notable things so far:

-A skewer is missing and Hanamura claims it was already gone when he arrived. The only person to be in here earlier was Nagito.
-Gundam dropped an earring
-The wooden floors have large cracks
-Nagito discouraged people from being around the storage room
-The bathroom is locked, potentially with someone inside
-Togami said he can't let the second case leave his sight. The lights went out for a while, so it did.
-Chaiki, Peko, and Kuzuryu are MIA. All three of them left voluntarily.
-Peko was the last person to see Kuzuryu and be in the room with the breaker / weapons
-Cameras are obviously visible in the room, so it's not a leap to say Monobear / Monomi knows this is happening.

From listening to the voice clip of what was happening during the blackout, there seem to be at least two other people out of the room besides Kuzuryuu, Peko, and Chiaki.

- One voice expressed surprise that the blackout wasn't just in the kitchen, presumably this is Hanamura, since he mentioned earlier that he was going back to get more food.

- Another voice at the end of the sequence mentioned that they were leaving to fix the circuit breakers. I'm guessing this is Souda, since it would explain why he isn't in the room when the lights come back, and his expertise as a SHSL Mechanic might include training as an electrician.

That would leave Togami, Nagito, and Mikan unaccounted for, though some of them might still be in the room offscreen. Plus there's still the question of who was in the restroom when Nidai checked it. Somehow, I get the feeling that next update Nidai will lose patience, bust down the restroom door, and find someone's body there...

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

This screenshot just doesn't show us the other people in the room. Why don't we wait for the next update before we decide who is where?

Wyvernil posted:

- Another voice at the end of the sequence mentioned that they were leaving to fix the circuit breakers. I'm guessing this is Souda, since it would explain why he isn't in the room when the lights come back, and his expertise as a SHSL Mechanic might include training as an electrician.

Sure as hell sounded like Togami to me. This is another reason why we might be better off waiting until after. There seems to be an issue with telling the voices apart right now.

We're really pushing hard for evidence to find out what happened when the only reason we don't know is because of the LP format. Wouldn't it be better to just hold off and wait for the next update? It's only until tomorrow.

Falls Down Stairs
Nov 2, 2008

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Wyvernil posted:

From listening to the voice clip of what was happening during the blackout, there seem to be at least two other people out of the room besides Kuzuryuu, Peko, and Chiaki.

- One voice expressed surprise that the blackout wasn't just in the kitchen, presumably this is Hanamura, since he mentioned earlier that he was going back to get more food.

That would leave Togami, Nagito, and Mikan unaccounted for, though some of them might still be in the room offscreen. Plus there's still the question of who was in the restroom when Nidai checked it. Somehow, I get the feeling that next update Nidai will lose patience, bust down the restroom door, and find someone's body there...

Huh, yeah, I'm having a hard time judging based on the voice clip, but it makes sense for it to be Souda leaving to fix the breaker at the end since he's the "fixes things" guy (I thought it was Togami).

Also, I just noticed that Gundam does have his earring right up to the point everyone starts eating. They seem to have actually changed his sprite to reflect this. If that's important, we know roughly when he lost it.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

If Togami is the same guy I really hope he recovers from his amnesia quickly and spends the rest of the game bitching about how he's done this all before and also lecturing others on the dangers of unhealthy diets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayukairo
Feb 18, 2013
I've got two unrelated questions if anyone qualified happens to have an answer:

- What's a good place to buy the DR1 art book? I loving love art books, and if I can't play the game, it's the least I could do to support something related to the franchise.

- On the note of avatar-talk, I'm thinking of hopping on this godawful bandwagon by getting a Genocider Syo (because she is the best) but would there be a problem there considering it's a spoiler for the first game?
[/quote]

Hi, I hope I'm not replying too late, but I got my copy from CDJapan http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOBK-901155 . It sells all sorts of Japanese products, and you'd have to make an account in order to buy one. The cheapest shipping option is SAL, which comes to about 1000 yen (so 2600+1000= 3600 yen) but if you sign up for an account, you immediately get "points" that can be used for a discount for whatever you're buying. Alternatively, if there's a Kinokuniya in your country, it wouldn't hurt to check it out :)

• Locked thread