Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

idonotlikepeas posted:

Is there anybody who hasn't been called as the killer yet? I think we might still be missing one or two. You know we all want to be able to say it was called after just the first update, right?

I'll play this game. I think the SHSL Photographer will be the first killer, based purely on intuition, weighting how interesting I think the design is compared to how bland it it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Would "Glee Club" be a western equivalent to "Light Music Club"?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Could the "Likes Toilets" thing be a reference to being a SHSL Nurse, perhaps, given that they have to clean said toilets of sick people?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

AAAAA posted:

Would all of you stupid motherfuckers please shut the gently caress up with your asinine goddamn translation ideas

Why not call Gundam "Terminator" I guess that's the western equivalent I dunno eh maybe well :v: :v: :v: Or maybe I'm just a dumb loving leech trying to cram my garbage personality into a popular thread I DUNNO :v:

For what it's worth, I was not making a translation suggestion, but honestly trying to get a better feel for what the term means, and doing so by matching it towards something I have a slight bit more familiarity with, if only because my wife watches Glee.

And it was a useful question, as it turns out that Glee Club is NOT really a best fit for it, hence quashing a false understanding.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I don't know, I think Babyface is just being a dick. I mean, lets compare:

Chihiro WANTED friends, WANTED to do group activities, but was too embarrassed. Something was preventing him from doing what he wanted, and that turned out to be the crossdressing thing.

Babyface DOESN'T want friends, because the image he's trying to live up to supposedly doesn't have friends. Completely different scenario. Here, he isn't subverting his own desires, requiring us to find a motive, he's actually seeking out his prime motivation, even if it's actually to his detriment from an external point of view. It makes sense internally to him.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Monomi is a stuffed animal/robot. She, if "she" is correct in this instance, is not dead. It's just a question as to how long it takes to get another one over to the island.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
I don't know. Assume that Fat-Togami is our Togami, and that he has his memories, and that-- I don't know, he's deliberately infiltrating the game or something. There's no basis for it, but just run with the assumption for now.

With that in mind, I can definitely read Fat-Togami's speech as being a warning against falling into the motive traps. He knows that Monobear doesn't like to kill directly, but prefers to provoke people into it. He's saying "Don't worry about Monobear. Worry about YOURSELF. Not the group of others, but YOU, PERSONALLY. Don't fall into the motive traps that are sure to come!"

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Kanfy posted:

I know they always were just sprites in front of a background, but I'm pretty sure they never had random shadows floating next to them like someone forgot to crop them properly or something.

It's no big deal and I could be wrong, but there's no need to be snarky you asses. :colbert:

E: typo

They did. But the sets were darker in the first game, so there wasn't quite as much contrast.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Hrm. Togami, because I want to see if he'll slip any clues as to whether he's Togami's son, Togami who got fat to avoid Syo, or Togami from before DR1.

Nidai because BULLETS CANNOT PIERCE SPIRIT!!! is such a good line, this guy is awesome.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
See, on the one hand, I want to say "It's so obvious they're setting up Babyface to die that he won't", but on the other hand, this is level 1 and we all remember 11037... and we get back into Wine-In-Front-Of-Me syndrome. So we should probably avoid that.

I'm more interested in the fact that the lodge was chosen as a Monobear-proof location, yet there are cameras here. Why are none of the characters caring?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

slowbeef posted:

No it isn't. Maybe it's what you've been saying, but there's a ton of theories out there that all have Togami just happening to crawl under the table for no good reason except "he somehow saw the knife under the table."

Most of the theories I've been seeing here are "he followed X person under the table" (the "Hey what are you doing" thing). That's hardly no good reason.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

likecnsnnts posted:

If we want to get technical here, I believe Alter Ego was successfully 'hidden' from Monobear thanks to the lack of cameras, but Monobear had to know of its existence anyway, as Sakura was still working for him when it was hidden.

Monobear didn't need Sakura. The kids were horrible at keeping their gobs shut in front of the cameras anyway.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

So in American terms it's like the most backwoods, indecipherable stereotype Cajun accent possible, with bonus points being given because he's a chef.

To be fair, I've talked with a Cajun, and it is not English. I literally needed a translator for every single thing he said (he understood me fine though).

Cajun cooking was fantastic though. Best fried chicken I've ever had, I think.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

tomanton posted:

The Sword of Doom that brought catastrophe on Togami :allears:

I really hope Komaeda is just being a wet blanket and didn't purposely clue Hanamura in on his plans. It would be believable if Hanamura's figured it out on his own and decided to get opportunistic instead of warning the others, sort of like in the first game when Kuwata took a very generous interpretation of "self-defense".

Kuwata was a lot more sympathetic though, as it could be very reasonably argued that he had no idea that his graduating would kill EVERYONE else. Hanamura here has no such excuse. Kuwata was just a scared kid who thought he might be able to go home after killing a killer, which while grizzly, isn't necessarily pure evil. Hanamura KNOWS that killing someone will kill everyone else if he survives.

I can sympathize with wanting to off the insane person... a little bit, at least, I can. But not with the knowledge that doing so kills everyone else.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Which pretty much leaves either Sonia or Peko, and I bet that both will have a fair bit of focus fire at the trial.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Hagakure's execution would have been fun to see. Honestly, it makes me wish that they wrote "alternate runs" of the game with the same characters but different murderers, just so that all of them could be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Sakura directly challenge Monobear and didn't get gunned down. I guess challenges to personal combat with the robot (as opposed to with the actual controller of the moment) is considered okay, as long as it's a martial art's duel instead of negligent disrespect. Or maybe Junko just wanted to kill her twin for any little excuse, so she could feel the despair of grief and get off on it.

• Locked thread