Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

So Willard's on the island. I have to admit, "death by hamster" would be pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well Hanamura can go straight to hell, he's worse than Yamada :catstare:

Sonia is gonna be the more interesting one, the question is if she's playing it straight by being so naive/lonely or if she is running a long con.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

If SHSL Hamsterlord bites it I don't think I could handle that. Those hamsters are just SO drat CUTE :3:

And it turns out our mechanic buddy is Shaggy. Dude needs some "Scooby Snacks" or something, drat.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Minus Green posted:

Huh. I certainly wasn't expecting Junko to be good at hand-to-hand combat...though I suppose that's more a result of not expecting to see a fight scene like that. :psyduck:

Well she was able to fight hand-to-paw with Sakura (via Monobear, but still).

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This first case seems a hell of a lot more complicated than the first case of the previous game. I pretty much knew who it was instantly. Here? Not a clue. Souda and Hanamura are higher up on the list for me, they're just too excitable, and whoever did this had to be a bit spastic. Eight times is a lot.

Also Dead End is a fantastic track :syoon:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nagito saying "Ow!" has gotta be the key here. Was it from Togami doing something to Nagito or somebody going after Nagito and Togami intervening?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I'm not seeing Peko's condition as poisoning at this point. She prepared her own food, no one else is sick. I am willing to bet it will come up at the trial though, but I'm leaning towards it being character development for her (trying to become stronger to overcome some kind of illness like Sakura's friend in DR1, maybe?)

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

IceBorg posted:

This is actually a good question that I haven't been thinking about because I was more focused on the actually killing not on the would-be murderer.

Ok I will go with a theory that tries to explain that. Oh and I'm gonna base this theory on the fact that Nagito sent the warning letter and had a pretty good idea off Togami's character to know that he would prepare something like a party, and that in turn would also explain why he had those sticks ready to decide who would go clean the cabin.

Ok so my theory is what if Nagito knew that Togami, being the guy that he is, would have night vision goggles and would see him go get the knife and go after him to under the table? Maybe Nagito didn't expect Togami to be so fast (I think Saionji mentions in a previous update that Togami for a fat guy is fast) and he thought he would be able to go under the table grab the knife, and as soon as he saw someone go under the table, he would stab.

I mean Nagito was right next to the table when the lights went out so he only had to turn around, go under the table and get the knife. While Togami had to open the case in the dark and put the googles on and run to the table that was on the other side of his position. That's a lot to do.

Maybe something distracted Nagito, or he just was nervous, but things didn't go to plan and Togami got to him before he was able to get the knife.

Is it possible Nagito tripped over the cord for the lamp? It's right by the body. Would explain the "Ow!" we heard out of him.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Well poo poo Nagito :stare: (I wish we had one of these with spirally eyes)

I think Hanamura did it on purpose (whether he meant to kill Togami, I don't think so), and Nagito's getting off on Hanamura's "Hope" of getting away with the murder after his own plan failed (killing himself for the sake of hope). He's a Hope junkie in the same way Junko's a Despair junkie.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 23, 2013

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

There's no way anyone would intentionally go after Nagito after this, right? He's already demonstrated multiple times that he's SHSL Good Luck, any attempt would probably backfire horribly on the potential murderer.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I thought for sure the update was going to stop when Nagito said "You've got that wrong"! Thanks for not doing that to us. And I thought Nagito hit peak creepy.

Peace out Hanamura.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Put an :nms: tag on that holy poo poo :gonk:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's hard to say - Nidai, Tsumiki and Owari would fall into the 'gag' characters, but Souda and Peko seem so bland so far I really hope they either get more interesting or die, lest they end up like Asahina/Hagakure.

Given both our dead this time were guys I'm personally expecting at least one girl to die next chapter, whether it be murderer or murderee.

That is interesting, we haven't had a female character kill another female character in either game in any of the regular trials (yeah Junko but that wasn't really a trial).

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

HoneyAltoid posted:

If DR2 were to have a serial killer and have the same sort of character tropes as the first game (I mean, it /sort of/ does but the characters are still unique) I'd probably..not lose interest per se but be pretty disenchanted with the game and only continue reading to see how the story as a whole wraps up.

With the whole Kirakira thing (if it's not a red herring), it seems like they might take a more "professional" approach. If it was, say, Pekoyama, I'm pretty sure she'd just react to others freaking out by saying "Yeah I kill people, but only killers. You guys have nothing to worry about". I'm sure some people (Souda) would still freak out, however.

I hope that it would be her, just because it would make her and SHSL Yakuza's interactions the last couple of chapters take a whole new direction.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Souda's giving off major Yosuke(sp?) from Persona 4 vibes.

Like Yosuke, it's gonna be interesting to see how this backfires horribly!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

orenronen posted:

Seibu Keisatsu is a different matter. Here's one of the opening sequences in all of its glory. If you click only one link in this post, choose this one.

Dead to Rights was a TV show in the 70s? :allears:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Mahiru was one of the normaler ones :smith: Souda is completely Yosuke from Persona 4 at this point.

It seems like Souda and Hinata are the only ones we can rule out for sure. Everyone else was later or alone at some point (including Nagito).

Baseball bat to the head was how that girl died in the video game, yes?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

If I had to take a stab at a timeline:

-Miharu sets up a confrontation with her murderer with photos (the likely contents of the envelope), killer kills her.
-Kurzyuu finds Mahiru's body, grabs the envelope of photos because they contain a secret of his, or he's trying to protect someone else (Peko?).
-Saionji finds Mahiru's body, has a panic attack (rightfully so). Doesn't call out to anyone because just about anyone could have done it, she trusts no one left alive.
-Souda finds the body, Monobear's announcement.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I think you guys might be somewhat wrong about Kuzuryuu being the first person to finish the game.

Just because he had the envelope doesn't mean he was the first to finish the game. It's possible he grabbed it from the recently deceased Koizumi, who did and died confronting someone else. We still have a third person to discover the body to discover, and we need someone to tamper with crime scenes with Togami gone, after all :v:

e: I mean, if Yakuza here stumbled across dead Koizumi with her having the envelope from the game that makes him look guilty, you better believe he'd run off with it.

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jul 14, 2013

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

thevoiceofdog posted:

Here is a thing I (and a bunch of other cool people) made for the thread. Enjoy!

Part two is coming soon!

Ragny's dad getting in on the action was just perfect.

I'm glad you're doing more of these, I doubt there's a dearth of content.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hmm... there was a broken aquarium at the scene. It'd take a lot of muscle to bludgeon someone to death with it (or shove their head through it).

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Meirlkor posted:

Kuzuryuu's "framejob" isn't so much framing as it is a Monobear-given motive for murder - the Twilight Syndrome game. There's literally no evidence placing him at or near the murder scene except for Hinata and Souda's early sighting of him.

Kuzuryuu did have the envelope, which presumably was the prize for completing the game. Either he got it from the game and had a valid motive, or got it from someone else (Koizumi's corpse?). He's not clean by a long shot.

e: I still think it's Sonia at this point. Wetsuit was weird (I'd say it's a joke but "embarassing pose" from the last trial), and she's a Kirakira fanboy/girl. Is she trying to show her hero her true love or something? Serial killers tend to collect groupies...

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 15, 2013

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Not sure what to think now. Drugged Saionji suggests Tsumiki, Peko and Sonia have both been weird (Peko more recently), and the last update has people questioning blood-drenched Owari.

I think there's no way it's Kuzuryuu now. The mailbox notes seem like a "mean girl" thing to me. Hell, Maizono did the same thing in the first game to Leon...

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Why does everyone think Peko was hired by Kurzuryuu? If anything, she was trying to get close to him to kill him for JUSTICE!!! (and possibly be in the right, he is a Yakuza).

I think he's going to retreat further away from the rest of the group given his one real friend was a murderous anime Boondock Saint.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Faraday Cage posted:

Well, I certainly can't say I was expecting a From Dusk till Dawn reference in this, can't wait to see how that ties into the plot :stare:

Clearly Sonia's a vampire, it goes with her nobility theme and all.

Well this explains where all the people on the island actually lived, but what happened to them? Did the World Destroyers clear them out?

(THE SONIA BIT IS A JOKE DAMMIT)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hmm... it's looking more and more like our protagonist is a SHSL Mistake, kinda like that person in The Westing Game that got invited by accident.

(If you haven't read The Westing Game and you're in this thread you should, uh, fix that).

• Locked thread