Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Jeek posted:

Even before DR1 when the first sentence of DR0 spoils DR1's culprit right away? :monocle:

You only know that due to having seen the LP for DR1 first, in theory, if you read DR0 first, then played DR1, if you were suspecting Junko, you would be thrown for a loop when she is "killed". I think it's kind of brilliant actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Something is kind of bugging me about the translation in the last update, the "humid House of Lilies" line, I am curious what is was in Japanese. Did it directly translate into Lily Tribe or something similar? If so, it was a dig at lesbianism, due to the line SHSL classical Japanese dancer girl, delivered about kissing. it just strikes me that you went a bit too straight laced on a translation that could have been given a bit of flavor.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I couldn't tell you where it comes from, but I've seen/read translated Japanese works using "lilly" as a term for lesbianism before. Without knowing the origin of the term, it certainly seems weird, but I guess that's other languages in a nutshell.

It's symbolic/mythological in origin if I remember right, Japanese folklore talks about Yuri and Yaoi, which respectively involve boy love and girl love, homosexuality basically. Yuri is the Lily Tribe, Yaoi i believe is the Rose Tribe.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

Requested_Username posted:

I'm honestly surprised nobody's just flat out trolled either thread and posted all the spoilers in gigantic flaming text yet.

That'd be the quickest permaban anyone has ever seen. For content: I wonder what the next death/murderer combo will be.

• Locked thread