Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I'm not hugely keen on how creepy this game is so far. Hanamura as a character is one thing, but the first game at least reigned in its fanservice weirdness until later on. Pekoyama and her underwear on top of all of that just rubs me the wrong way. It's so creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Tanaka and his hamsters :3: That little interaction with Sonia was so great. I really like all these characters so far, they already have more personality than the DR1 crew.

Let's hang out with Togami and Souda.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I wish they'd get on with it, this is really dragging. Sequel syndrome, I guess.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Oh.

That's not what I wanted. Not what I wanted at all. drat :(

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Nagito is such a bizarre character. He's so suspicious I find it hard to believe he has anything to do with this one.

I'm a fan of how human Souda has turned out to be, and how proactive Hinata is compared to Naegi. Hinata has an actual personality, it's quite nice.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Is this novel actually important to DR2? Because frankly it's so poorly written that lately I'm skipping over it. I mean, the game isn't well-written either so far but at least it's got pretty pictures to keep my attention. It's nothing to do with your translation, oren, that's always been excellent in the first game. I might be alone but my eyes glaze over after a minute or two of the novel.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Skyla posted:

Speaking of Saionji,

I find it ironic that she is considered a "SHSL" and yet she doesn't even know how to tie an obi.

It seems like it'd be a basic thing for people in her field to know.

She knows how it's done. She just can't do it herself. Ever tried to tie a knot behind your own back? It's really difficult.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I like Saionji! She's not a good person but she's at least an interesting and relatively believable character (as a small child). She's fun. She's a drat sight more interesting than Nanami, for example.

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Apr 23, 2014

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Souda nooo. Still a good guy. I stand by it. He's the Ishimaru of this game - dumb and easily manipulated. Nidai might be doing the manipulating with regards to the Komaeda thing - or maybe someone else is getting the tough boys to do the dirty work? Time will tell, I suppose.

Still a big fan of Saionji as a character. I really hope she gets some (a lot of) backstory.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Kangra posted:

I don't think we can rule out the possibility that the killer can leave the scene and then discover their own kill. And if this isn't the case, I'd love to see them try to game it. (Person A discovers body, tells others. Preliminary investigation is conducted using only Person A to examine the scene. The prime two suspects are then sent in.)

Yeah of course that's how it works, it'd be far too easy to game otherwise.

Imagine: three people in a group together discover a body. The announcement doesn't go off. One of those three is the murderer. Similarly, if the announcement does go off, all three of those people are automatically innocent. It's dumb to think that could be allowed to happen. The killer has to count among the discoverers, but probably doesn't count until they leave the scene and return.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Skymin50 posted:

All we can do at this point is hope the mods notice the ads and take them down.

They won't because that is dumb. Just adblock them (the custom filter posted above works) or shell out for no-ads, who cares.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Oh man I hope Kuzuryuu ends up looking like Majima! Also Majima's English VA is hilarious.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I think Saionji is a great character if only because she's not yet another bland teenager with a superpower. I'm looking forward to seeing how she develops.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
That comment about the stickers looking somehow melancholic was so Phoenix Wright, and then there was no stepladder joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
So is this thread for definite finished, or close to finished? What a shame.

• Locked thread