Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

Alien Arcana posted:

Well, since the alternative is that Chihiro programmed Alter Ego in a matter of days starting from scratch...

I always thought that Chihiro had actually made Alter Ego before getting mindwiped. It didn't activate until after he was already dead, remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat

SingerOfW posted:

I think it's more likely that Chihiro already made Alter Ego during his stay at school, forgot about it because of the memory wipe, and then made it again in chapter 2 of the first game. Which might also explain how fast he managed to do it.

Did Chihiro actually make Alter Ego during the course of the game? It didn't show up at all until after he died. I was under the impression that it predated the Most Terrible Incident and was planted by Junko as another piece of motivation.

kvx687
Dec 29, 2009

Soiled Meat
The main problem with the accomplice theory is that one of the two is going to die, but if one of them doesn't care about dying then that objection suddenly disappears. Nagito's craziness has already been demonstrated, but I think it's possible Kuzuryuu would be willing to commit suicide in the name of revenge- AFAIK he said his sister was the only person who he cared about, and between the shock of losing her and the opportunity to kill the person he considered responsible, he might be willing to sacrifice himself for revenge, as well as taking everyone else down with him.

• Locked thread