Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

Suspicious Dish posted:

Curiosity: what is the BOX 15?

Dangan Ronpa's first "investigation" theme. It replaces the usual area BGM during Abnormal Days. And it's super catchy.

I don't remember anymore if it was just for the last trial, but at some point in the game it was replaced by a rock cover with a little more oomph.

e: I'm an idiot.

deadly mawk fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

You should have said "inside". :colbert:

Anyway, any excuse to link those again.

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

Well, I'm sure glad we've cleared that up.

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

whitehelm posted:

Togami only scarfed the food that was on the skewers so he could confiscate them, and we have an evidence bullet about the large chunk of meat saying that only Owari and Pekoyama ate it. We also haven't talked to Owari since the start of the investigation, so we don't know that she wasn't affected.

It does take a greater volume of poison to affect someone with greater body mass. I'm not sure which way I lean, but I wouldn't be surprised if all the food had been poisoned and Togami just wound up getting knifed before it could really work its way into his system.

I guess we'll know one way or the other once we see what Owari's been up to.

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

Given all her piercings, I'd be willing to say it could also be another kind of body mod like scarification. Honestly, though, it's probably just another part of the design and not something we'll be hearing a lot about -- With how exaggerated this game's characters are, the designers probably gave the most attention to the overall aesthetic and kept "would someone do/wear this irl" as an afterthought.

Watch as the next Free Time section is all about that time Ibuki had to get her femur transplanted or something, proving that I'm a chump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly mawk
Sep 7, 2010

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

I'm also curious about the pin he wears on his shirt pocket.

This is a consistent thing with Dangan Ronpa's character design in general, and I think it's really cool: the clothes the characters wear all have their own logos and emblems in the places you'd expect for real-world clothing. The heart thing is probably just a fake brand symbol, like the logo on the back of Naegi's hoodie or the buttons on Kirigiri's jacket. I don't think that these are thematic for the characters beyond the fact that at some point they supposedly saw it in a store window and thought it looked nice enough to take home.

The concept art for the original Dangan Ronpa goes into a huge amount of detail for small elements of each character's clothing, and the same is probably true here. I really enjoy this approach, since it's less like some other games where it's as if every significant person in the world has their own tailor. Even Gundam's crazy ensemble isn't something that a dedicated sort of guy couldn't put together after some searching.

deadly mawk fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Mar 23, 2013

• Locked thread