Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
gently caress.

It never ends

Jeek posted:

Just want to point you to the rules above:

Title posted:

A peaceful tropical vacation with Super Dangan Ronpa 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Twiddy posted:

Wrong, the secret is that there's actually 15 students. The game has to reverse our expectations somehow, right?

...This is actually my guess. Our main character doesn't have a SHSL skill, he just snuck in to the academy. He's so obsessed with it, after all.

Also I already have a favorite character.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Soooo... we have a Super High-School Level Neurologist working to try and treat a girl who has extreme memory problems?

Could we assume that he's done a lot of work with memories and how they can be lost?

Goddamn this book gets more interesting as it goes on, between Junko, Kirigiri, and now this dude, it feels like all those little details from the first game that might bother the player are going to be addressed, one way or another.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Fedule posted:

Now let's get back to talking about Dangan Ronpa Zero. Is it me, or does Hope's Peak Academy seem to have a lot more... buildings... than before?

I never even realized that, but you're right. The whole Faculty bit makes sense because we get a taste of that and it's all ruined, but the rest of it is different.

I'd hazard a guess that HPA is a campus, not just a building, but I get the feeling there was an external shot that would immediately disprove any idea like that. So where are these extra buildings coming from?

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Goddamn, Spike upped the quality of writing for basically everything at this point. They did a really good job with the characters in the original, but there was always something to be desired--I think it was mostly because the characters were still relatively normal despite the Psychopop tone they reached for.

Here, though. They went all out on everybody, and it really shows. I don't think there's been a single character that I felt had a weak introduction.

Also, Super High-School Level Coach? This guy needs to survive so he can meet Sakura, those two teamed up together would create something to behold

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

The process of acquiring a Japanese iTunes card is easy, the game of roulette that is whether or not the game will download, play, and allow you to buy IAP without Apple being dicks about it is an entirely different story

Put it all in black

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Hanamura matches every egotistical super chef stereotype I know so far :v: creep with a big mouth and no gale. He'll actually be talented but it won't matter because he will still be a weirdo.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Some people bake doughnuts to celebrate them from what I am aware in these threads.

Just because I thought it was in January, and have been making a bunch lately for work.

Still going to make one, it's just insanely busy and I don't have time to work on a pet project at work

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I can't shake the feeling that the bloody writing on the wall is going to tie Nagito into The Most Despair Inducing Moment, more than it will have anything to do with his character leaving bloody notes in DR2. That, and our main character being one of the non-Academy kids who snuck in/along to Hope's Peak.

I'm loving the intro, though. The remix is so good. If it weren't for the fact that I'd assume googling the composer's name would land me right in spoiler town, I'd go on youtube and look up a shitload of stuff he did so I can listen to it, it's all been really interesting so far

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

QuarkJets posted:

Toagmi turned out to be the least interesting character in the first game despite being a survivor. We saw pretty much all that he had to offer as a character within the first 30 minutes of the first game. I'm expecting him to be more interesting in this game simply because he's somehow back and also has a different bodytype, but hopefully he gets more character growth beyond that

Did we see all of his free-time events? I honestly don't remember if we made it through them all or not.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

RefinedUndefined posted:

Of course... Wait, are there even bears here, or is it just him?

Well, we are on a tropical island that nobody really remembers getting to that also has strange mechanical entities that live in its inner workings. Maybe we'll see a polar bear? :v:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Fedule posted:

It must be Gundam and Togami for entertainment and potentially some more info.

Fedule hit it right on the nose.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

If you aren't bringing something f substance to the conversation and are instead going on baseless or useless metaspeculation, you aren't really doing anything besides saying words to hear yourself talk and making it more annoying to scroll through later.

Like, who gives a poo poo about what your pet theory is on the Togami/Togami relation, there's more to talk about than brainstorming how the developers may be trying to subvert your expectations because you know that they know that you know that... It's all Princess Bride Poison Bullshit, like was mentioned before.

Meanwhile, there are a billion little mysteries going on that could be something of substance. Like how much of Sonia's behavior is actually naïveté, despite the fact that she is obviously a wise person? Is Souda about to snap, or is his behavior going to be okay because he's outwardly expressing his panic instead of hiding it like others? Where do the hamsters poop? Those are all more pressing and relevant questions than trying to metaspeculate character arcs.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I think, to add to the Babyface-is-actually-a-girl theory, is the shaved head. It could just be a stylistic decision, but at the same time, it's also a very convenient way to completely get rid of a typically feminine haircut. It doesn't toss fuel directly onto the fire, but it certainly leaves things ambiguous, which is what you would do as a storyteller. You wouldn't want to make it absolutely, concrete truth that a character is one gender if there was a cross-dressing plot twist. You just don't address it at all, while leaving a few loose details ambiguous.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Yeah, okay, she stole them because the world ended and she wanted to foster hope on tropical islands without the reminder of the world ending. Okay. Aaagh why won't the story go faster

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Lucinice posted:

You know after the bit of stupidity that happened a few pages ago I think this thread should compile a "best of" terrible posting once the LP ends.

What, and encourage people to post really badly because they want the attention?

This thread already garners way more posts than will ever be necessary, the last thing it needs is more people trying to achieve some posting notoriety thing

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Calling it now: Courtney Love will, somehow, be responsible for Sonia's death.

Considering her affinity for olds pop culture I can see how CourtneycLove might blow her away

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

Only if Fred stops accusing him of everything else first. :colbert:

Normally I hate reading this thread but then somebody like you goes and makes it all worthwhile

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I'm waiting eagerly for Nagito to actually be Naegi, and he goes full-Naegi during the trial and absolutely hangs somebody out to dry for committing a murder with his newly-taught detective skills. :allears:

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

I think the killer outstepped Togami :tinfoil:

It seems like the only reason the knife even exists underneath that table is to draw Togami's attention. With the lights out, the tablecloth draped back so it's visible, and the packing table glowing brightly in the dark, it gives the killer an easy way to expose the knife and draw Togami under the table. Then, presumably, Togami would be stabbed through the floorboards repeatedly to kill him. If the killer would have been able to drape the tablecloth back down, it's likely Togami's body wouldn't have even been found. Monobear turning the lights back on prevented this from being a missing persons case instead of a murder case.

The only thing that I find worrying about this is how somebody would even access the area underneath the lodge. Gundam has this information right now, and once that comes out it'll be easier to figure out the who, but I feel like this is the way our killer would handle the how

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Wandering Knitter posted:

It's possible! Maybe with his SHSL Luck he figured whoever he killed would deserve it?

But perhaps it was SHSL Good Luck that prevented him from being murdered here? :tinfoil:

I would actually love it if Nagito ended up being some weird form of anti-hero the entire way through the game because he tried to kill a dude once but always had to prevent somebody else from winning because he doesn't want to die. Kinda like Togami from DR1, but nicer

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

If the knife under the table is completely unrelated to the current murder, and nagito placed it, then how would hanamura even know to stab somebody through the floorboards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

JT Jag posted:

Well slowbeef, I think you've finally found yourself a new avatar. Text: "Me, modding the Dangan Ronpa thread."

I'd buy it for you but I'm pretty sure you guys can just give yourselves avatars anyway.

I bought a mod an av once and they still wear it now, most mods are pretty cool about it

• Locked thread