Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
Sonia and Chiaki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
Maybe Togami's testing Monobear's capabilities? Setting up a situation where Monobear would theoretically have limited entrances into a location might reveal more about how he operates/functions. Or, alternately, it could be a sort of Monobear trap, and Togami is using the party as an excuse to set something up to catch/deal with Monobear.

I find this new Togami fascinating. I initially thought that, with his new appearance, he was mostly going to be played for laughs, but that's definitely not the case. The fact that he's changed so much, and that he seems to genuinely care about his fellow students, suggests to me that he's definitely grown as a character (pun not intended) since the last game, and that this newfound heart hasn't disappear despite possible memory alteration. I almost wonder if his new appearance is actually supposed to be symbolic of this character growth, but that's too much like a high-school english paper thesis for me to really pursue it.

I do have to wonder when the first murder will happen, though. Maybe it's just the speed at which this threads progressing, but it feels like it's taken longer for one to occur. I suppose there could be some factors to consider, though: we don't have someone like Maizono around, so perhaps this group is a little more emotionally balanced than the last. There's also the fact that the setting is a beautiful island resort as opposed to an oppressive claustrophobic building, so its inhabitant are just naturally less stressed for the time being. I expect Monobear may have to up the ante if he wants to start a killing spree (though the giant killer robots were a good start).

Maybe a mole will actually have to come into play here? The game has already brought up the topic of memory alteration... perhaps a mole might be the next concept to reappear? Monobear has already hinted that there should only be 15 students on the island.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
You know, something has me thinking: Togami was comparing the SHSL Chef's cooking to the feasts of his family's private chef. Assuming this is the same Togami (and for the time being, I see no reason not to assume this), it means that Togami's weight-gain between games was likely due to overindulgence on these aforementioned feasts. If that's the case, though, it means that the Togami Conglomerate survived The Most Terrible Event, which contradicts what Junko claimed at the end of DR1. If this is true, it may be proof that the world outside of the school/islands may not be as bad off as was previously implied, at least as far as the rich upper class is concerned.

This, of course, assumes that the feasts Togami was speaking of were eaten after the events of DR1... but if they weren't, and the world really is a horrible place full of unbreathable air and anarchy, then how did Togami manage to gain so much weight? A Fallout-style wasteland usually doesn't have nearly enough food to allow someone to reach such weights. I think this conversation may have been a brief but important clue to the state of affairs in the outside world.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
Glow in the dark paint on the knife, and the tape that held the knife in place? Suggests to me that whoever planted the knife knew about/planned the blackout, but didn't necessarily know about the night-vision goggles: the paint would help them find the knife in the dark, but why bother if you have NVGs?

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
I really liked the subtitles this time around, but if I could make a request for future videos: whenever someone speaks but their portrait isn't on the screen, could you also use a subtitle to indicate who is talking? I'm not familiar enough with these characters yet to recognize each one by voice, so it would really help me out.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
So Nagito intended to murder Togami, and failed, but Togami was killed anyway. So that means that after this trial, Nagito will have gotten everything he wanted, and he'll get to survive as well.

Wow, I guess he really does have Super Highschool-Level Good Luck! Considering the kinda bullshitty "good luck" Naegi had in the first game, I'm surprised to see things work out so cleanly for Nagito.

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
Except the predictions Hagakure made throughout the first game all came true, in a way. Despite his goofiness, he was actually pretty accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBystander
Apr 28, 2011
I looked up a recipe for nikujaga, and it looks drat delicious. I may have to try making it sometime soon.

• Locked thread