Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
Goonami! :syoon:

And that chef...! I thought Santa would look out of place in the last cast but now he seems completely normal in comparison.

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

The chef is tiny compared to the rest of the cast!

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
I'm pretty certain that's Naegi too.

Considering they're high school students a sudden growth spurt definitely isn't off the table. Overall there's a lot of similarities, and the anagram does stand out. There's the dress sense too. His hair looks similar as well, it's a different color but it does look like a longer, messier version of his old hairstyle.

..Of course, considering what series this is there's every chance this is a huge red herring and it's all meant to be a coincidence or something to trick the player.

It seems a bit of a leap to assume there won't be any killing in the second game so presumably Monobear's going to show up and give them a motivation soon. The island looks nice so far but they probably can't leave. Or maybe food's scarce and could be withheld from the students unless there's a murder.

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 12, 2012

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
What if the translation notes were all put together and updated at certain points where there's a break in the game? Assuming there is one, that is.

So, if this was DR1 they could be added after a murder and before the investigation. And again between the investigation and the trial for instance.

That said personally I'm fine with things as they are.

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Dec 15, 2012

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

Tax Refund posted:

What? WHAT? :psyduck:

I have to say, I was not expecting Minsc to show up on this island. I was expecting... I don't know what I was expecting. But this was NOT on that list.

Even stranger, a villainous Minsc!

I can't wait to see more of Gundam's sprites, especially if the hamsters appear in every single one from now on. :allears:

I'm curious about if the tamagotchi pet will actually tie into the rest of the game at all. My initial thought was that the despair/ hope system was all for show considering how linear the last game is, but with the footstep mechanic added it does actually look like it can vary from play through to play through.

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 16, 2012

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

kvltmanifesto posted:

can I just ask where this "Junko has pink hair" thing came from? I've heard it all throughout the last thread even though all her sprites and concept arts are blatantly blonde.

I thought the same thing for ages until I finally copied one of her pictures into paint and used the colour picker tool. It really is pink!

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jan 7, 2013

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
Strange that there's no rule against killing more than two students this time. Are there any other rules from the first game missing in the list?

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
Maybe it's because the game's just started but it's much harder to pick this time around!

Souda. I hope the poor guy is a bit more relaxed in his free time events! My second vote's for Togami.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
I've been wondering about the floorboards for a while now, and since yesterday's update where the locked bathroom was mentioned I've been thinking of a theory. I didn't think much of it at first, but now that the bathroom being locked looks more important I thought I'd go back to it quickly.

The floorboards are so old that potentially they could be lifted up and then put down without it being obvious. Somebody could climb underneath them and crawl from one part of the lodge to another.

So... what if somebody's locked them self in the bathroom to do just that?

Here's my rough theory of events, which probably has a bunch of holes in it.

Pekoyama lifts up the floorboards in the office, and also in the bathroom, creating a tunnel. She flips the power switch, attacks when the lights are out then runs back and switches them back on before going back through the secret passage. You see, it couldn't have been her because she was in the bathroom the entire time!

(Edited to fix spelling and wording.)

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 20, 2013

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

Krinkle posted:

Anyone stabbing up through floorboards eight times to kill togami would be absolutely drenched in blood, no question. The real killer is offscreen trying not to look like the climax of Carrie so I think peko is innocent-ish this time.

That's a good point. There's so much blood that even if Togami has been killed with the knife there should still be some on the murderer, especially as the killer would need to be up close to use it.

She could have been cleaning herself up in the bathroom, but that would mean sneaking a fresh outfit in past Togami. The only other person who's been absent for a while and had time to change is Kuzuryuu, I think.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

Suzuki Method posted:

Hate to ask, but anyone reading this who's already played DR2, can someone perhaps go looking for (worksafe noncreepy) fan art of Owari for me? She's my favourite character and I'd like to probably change my avatar to her. :3:

I can't do it myself because I don't want to spoil anything.

Actually I meant to ask earlier, but has anybody gathered together a set of spoiler free Dangan Ronpa 2 avatars like the collection someone made in the first thread? I'm sorry I can't remember your name.

And your collection of sprites are adorable, Zyxyz!

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Feb 25, 2013

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

Yeah, this is how I see things happening, and why I still think Pekoyama's the most likely culprit.

Presumably there's towels in the bathroom which the murderer could have wrapped around him or herself to protect their clothes from getting bloody and dirty. They could then dump the towels underneath the house...? Okay, that's not a good disposal method but it's better than leaving them in the bathroom or showing up covered in blood.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Random thought, if Togami is wearing the night vision goggles at any point, would he be able to see people hiding under the floorboards?

He could peer through the cracks and see them, I guess. But there doesn't seem to be any reason for him to do so really, unless they make a noise.

Edit: Uh, disregard that. I just realized they might have heat sensors built in.

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 2, 2013

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

slowbeef posted:

So the way I understand it (and drat I could go for science chat) is that night vision enhances light, incuding from the infrared spectrum. More expensive ones will cast out infrared to reflect off of things if there's just absolutely no light available, but no thermal vision.

If that's accurate, and please correct me, Togami won't have a great advantage seeing anyone under the floorboards. He'd have to look specifically through the cracks, sort of the same you'd have to do in a well-lit environment.

Yeah, that's how I understood it. I did a google search after my post to find out if they could detect heat and it looks like some models have thermal imaging technology. So no science chat from me I'm afraid!

Anyway, it seems unlikely that's the case here. If he did see someone under the floorboards the sensible thing to do would be to tell the others first instead of flopping down on the floor above them.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

fool_of_sound posted:

Unless, ya know, he was in a suddenly pitch black room during which nobody could see the fanservice pose unless they happened to have the night vision goggles on.

It could work if he claims to have been in the room when the lights were turned back on. It's hard to see what else it could be used for, unless Mikan needs to prove she was there all along.

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011

dscruffy1 posted:

Well hey I totally called that Nagito planted the knife, even if I don't know how the rest of it happened. :shobon:

I don't recall, were there any skewers missing? From what I remember on SHSL Nurse's opinion of death circumstances, the puncture wounds are probably too small to be the knife?

There's one unaccounted for skewer which still hasn't been found.

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 23, 2013

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
Personally I like the theory that Hanamura originally used the tablecloth to prevent his clothes getting dirty while scrambling about down there. He's shown himself to be a bit of a snob at times so chances are he didn't want to emerge looking a complete mess. Plus he seems shameless enough not to care about being caught peeping!

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 25, 2013

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
Unfortunately the length of the blackout hasn't been given an exact time, but it sounds like it lasted for at least a few minutes.
From the end of update 23:

orenronen posted:

We waited in the darkness for a while, waiting to finally be released from this anxiety.

We waited for a while, and then, finally...

Music fades out

* ka-chack! *

Ah...!

The light finally returned to the hall... but then, suddenly...

...We noticed the shocking sight in front of our eyes.

Catastrophics fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catastrophics
Jun 2, 2011
...Oh Hanamura. :ohdear: I teared up during that update, especially when Monobear refused to answer his final question.

Hopefully the students do something about Nagito in the next chapter. Locking him up in his room would make him a sitting duck for the next killer, but it's better than letting him roam free to carry out more insane plans.

• Locked thread