Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Something about this kid reminds me of Near from Death Note. He has to be Kirigiri-spawn.

Byakuya-sumo is by far the best character, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Zandar posted:

A lot of chefs in anime seem to have an out-of-place style similar to this one - just ask Mirai Nikki:

I'm still guessing that the Chef is Monobear wearing a stupid man suit, much to the rabbit's dismay. Between the size and shape of the character, and just how weird the art is compared to the other characters, it makes sense.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

:arghfist: What ever happened to removing unncessary ellipses?

Serious question for translation chat with Orenronen/Fedule- How did you happen to decide on "target" for the targeting circle, rather then "reticule" or "cursor"?

Gamechat:Main thing we seem to have learned in this update is that there's probably some sort of conflict between Hope and Despair, and our actions are going to impact that over the course of the game.

Granted- that's just because of the UI elements.

That might mean that losing a trial/event/whatever isn't a hard game-over, but that our final ending is dependent on how well we do over the course of the game.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I'm much happier with the revised speech pattern just because it removed the horrible atrocity that was "fwower".

On the whole, it's a lot easier to read now.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Fedule posted:

Everything else is just details, really. This is the stuff that should be getting across to you in the script, without having to read any of the notes.

Yes, and it's obvious the care and love that was put into the phrasing after the fact, but in cases like that, I think it might be worth putting in something like:
":japan: It's not immediately apparent, but Nagito's speaking in a very brash, self-assured sort of way, while Hajime's phrasing is a bit more muted"

Every reader of this LP knows that he's reading a translation, and so we take various intricacies of conversation with a grain of salt. If you explicitly point out "This is how he talks, and so that's why we put it this way" in the post itself, it's easier to take the actual nuances of the dialogue at face value.

Just my opinion, and I'm still enjoying the LP (both TranslationChat and the game's buildup itself) greatly.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Mitt Romulan posted:

What if Nagito is Naegi, the SHSL Hope, infiltrating the new class to make sure nothing goes wrong? From there we could either have a Kirigiri and Naegi dynamic between our protagonist and him for the whole game, or Naegi could die first after getting too far in over his head.

I don't think Naegi would pop right in with " Don't tell me... you're going to make us kill each other on this desert island...?!" if he were actually Naegi "infiltrating" something. He'd want to keep his foreknowledge a secret.

My favorite idea, though not born out by any evidence so far, is the possibility that this is the idea for the initiation of a new Hope's Peak Academy after the world has been rebuilt. They put in the antithesis of monobear, controlled by Alter Ego or one of the "graduates" and then send all of the students to this island as their initiation.

Then, somehow, the monobear protocol reactivates, and poo poo hits the fans.

We'll see, though. So far, the most interesting thing is the UI element with "despair points vs. hope points". It'll be extremely interesting to see where they go with that.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Conro101 posted:

It feels like Gundam's hiding something to me. The guy this crazy in DR1, Ishimaru, was crazy about order, which fit with his SHSL skill. I don't know if animal breeding makes you insane, but I would think he'd be talking more about animals than dark gods and ruling the world. I say keep an eye on this one.

I really hope that the hamsters being bred by a super high school level breeder comes into play, and that they're super-intelligent or something. Only amazing things could come from that.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
It's possible that the neurologist is just doing some not-so-innocent research on memories vs. learned emotional response.

"Ok, here, right as the first thing in your notebook "I love [SHSL Neurologist]. He's the only one who understands me and tries to help me."

Then, every day, he treats her like poo poo to see whether she eventually learns to distrust her notebook.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Huh, I'm enjoying Ibuki a lot.

I wonder if her appearance was in part a Super Street Fighter 4 reference.

In SSF4, Capcom added several characters that weren't present in SF4 vanilla, including Ibuki (Ninja, present in the Street Fighter 3 games) and a new character named Juri, who has art rather similar to Ibuki's here (or at least the hair things).

FAKE edit: I was going to yell at Oren for posting all of the updates at the last minute while I'm preparing for an organic chemistry final, but Mikan likes her isopropanol (CH3CHOHCH3), so I guess it's relevant.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Calaveron posted:

Based on the way Matsuda seemed to refer to Ryouko's SHSL power and how it could affect him, and how mind-intensive it is, I'm guessing her power's related to being able to read or analyze people very well, a sort of SHSL Psychoanalyst.

That's how I read it too. And that would also explain why Ryouko has such an emotional attachment to Matsuda despite his being an rear end in a top hat. She somehow gleans that he actually cares about her unlike the rest of the people with whom she interacts.

That actually brings up an interesting idea for an experiment that the schoolteachers might try.

Give SHSL Intuition amnesia, then have SHSL Liar/Conman pretend to be a doctor trying to help her. See whose talent is more powerful and how they work against one another.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Huh, Kotono Mitsuishi must have a lot of depth as a voice actor. I don't hear "Excel" in her voice at all. I don't really remember Misato from Evangelion well enough to comment either way.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Conro101 posted:

The discussion on the podcast about early spoilers brought up an interesting thing I noticed. The whole JUNKOS thing was started so early and brought up so much it was more of a joke then an actual theory. There were people who did try to use it as a theory, yes, but most of us just used it as kind of a joke, representing the craziest theories some people came up with.

"I bet the school is actually a space station!" "Yeah, and also JUNKO'S behind it. Right."

So when we neared endgame, and it looked like this crazy joke was more and more realistic, it caused a sort of disbelief. I mean, it was loving JUNKOS. No way that's really what happened right? And I think the great reveal of Queen Junko brought us all together as a thread, as every one of us thought when Oren posted that update, "God dammit. It really was Junko." I don't think we'd really have the same effect with just a few guys going "I TOLD YOU ALL!"

That said, it only works over a gradual period of time. Reading the thread all at once, with all the JUNKOS posts, leaving it foremost in your head, is a huge spoiler for the big reveal. But the slow trickle of updates really helped keep it from ruined the thread completely.

Anyway, just my thoughts on the whole thing. I won't recommend anyone read the thread until it's archived, or at least skip all the other posts, because you just can't recreate that magic coming in later.

I think that the Retsupurae sort of missed the whole point of spoilers. Later in the game (The Sakura trial to some degree as well as the Naegi trial) the actual events in question began to take second priority to the overarching questions in the game. Who is Monobear, why is Monobear, what's going on outside?

For the rest of the Let's Play, I was able to mostly focus on the here & now of what's actually going on this one individual trial, the big overarching mystery be-damned, but at that point the mysteries almost became a bit of a nuisance in the way of figuring out just what the gently caress was going on. "Welp, Sakura died. I'm sure I'll miss her eventually".

I don't necessarily know anyone who will look up spoilers at the beginning of a game/book/movie/etc, but I can see the appeal once you know the characters, you know the basic shape of the plot, and you've seen a bit of the setup.

That's one of the places in which I feel like DR1 somewhat failed. They set up Alter-Ego as this great savior and almost a resurrection of Chihiro... but then he was hidden away or stolen or out of sight and we never really built up any sort of emotional connection to it, and so the execution felt very flat.

That contributed to the Sakura trial feeling, well, useless in comparison to the Naegi/Kirigiri trial and the initial "Set up" trials, and I could see someone saying "Well, gently caress this, I just want to know who's behind this poo poo" at that point in particular (though I never did this myself).

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

slowbeef posted:

He reminds of one of those characters that sets themselves up for a lot of social pratfalls.

I agree, though with the typical culture/translation grain of salt that I can't say for sure that a Japanese character would read that the same way.

That opens up an interesting avenue of "Subverts expectations" though. After setting him up as SHSL Mostly Harmless Comical Porky's Character, if he were actually to turn out to be a serial rapist or something, it might actually be more of a shock in free time events than "I've never kissed anyone except my mommy :negative:"

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I feel like Byakuya-sumo's role is simply to portray Togami-as-murderer in the second game. Like we did, I'm sure the majority of the devs thought it was a 50/50 shot that he'd get around to offing someone and/or pissing someone off to the point that they killed him, and figured they'd experiment with it in the second game while throwing the readers for a loop by having it be very nearly the same guy.

It's also still possible that (like was speculated upon with DR1) the POV character is on acid and sees terribly exaggerated versions of everyone, so, slightly chubby and self-inflated Togami turns into a blimp.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

8678541 posted:

The last guy who's talent was Luck was always lucky in roundabout, unlucky ways. It might be "lucky" to be the first one murdered so you don't have to deal with the rest of the hardships to come.

I'm not saying I think that's going to happen, I'm just saying this isn't a very good argument.

I still can't help but feel that Dangan Ronpa 2 is a way to round out the Dangan Ronpa experience. Togami kills someone, Protagonist kills someone, maybe SHSL Luck kills someone.

Three experiences that were greatly anticipated during the first game, but failed to come to any sort of fruition (Togami's heart growing three sizes that day when Sakura offed herself doesn't count as fruition).

Maybe even have SHSL Gamer kill SHSL York Morgan as a bonus prize.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I found Junko's distaste for virgins very interesting considering her sister's devotion to chastity and what eventually became of her.

I wonder how that will play out, as well as how Ryouko plays into the grander plotline.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Wyvernil posted:

I wonder how many of us were thinking the same thing?

Since Souda's been acting so jumpy this update, he seems like the type to panic and kill someone out of fear for his life. Then again, the game itself is pointing this out, so he might not end up killing or getting killed so soon.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Monobear is going to get the murder ball rolling this time. If this is anything like the last despair game, he's bound to start breaking out the motives once the students have gone long enough without killing each other. It'll be interesting to see which tricks he'll pull this time - or if someone ends up murdered without any additional prodding.

He was shouting and struggling and flailing about.

There was a loud crash. Reminder: It's against the rules to destroy things.

Unknown actor enters the stage screaming "Kyaiii" with vengeance in his or her heart.

I can't help but feel that Souda's about to get punished for breaking the vase or glass or whatever, because Monobear has realized that people don't care about dead robots nearly as much as he does. Big pink puddle, on the other hand, might very well get someone's hackles up.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
One thing they didn't fully explore in Dangan Ronpa was the possibility of using Monobear as a murder weapon.

Below is all hypothetical:
Somehow set into motion a chain of events that leads to a fellow student being punished by monobear, and then deny culpability until after the court has reasoned that Hiyoko really should have chosen a better place than Monobear's statue on which to vivisect Gundam's hamsters.

Monobear takes the blame, people move on with their lives for a day or so, at which point Hanamura publicly says "Yeah, I set that all in motion. The plan succeeded, Hiyoko's dead. I win"

I would be very interested in seeing how something like that would work out in terms of monobear's "ethics" and set of rules.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I want to say that oren said the game stays fairly consistently fanservice-y throughout, with I think one or two moments that are pretty extreme. So I'd say this is probably about the baseline we should expect, with a few blips of "OH GOD WHY!?" to come.

I think a lot of the people in the thread are blocking out their memories of how creepy and horrible they were when they were 14 year old boys.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Chiaki and Byakuya-sumo

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Sherringford posted:

Here's an argument against him being a woman in disguise: Supposedly, calling him baby-face makes him angry enough to use his associates to deal with people who call him that. If he were a woman, I imagine he wouldn't want to draw attention to how much he hates the comparison. It seems like a really, really ineffective way of hiding a secret.

I think that's a fairly weak argument. You're assuming logical thought in the heat of a moment of rage by a fictional anime character in a Japanese video game, and that he can control his emotions to boot.

For the moment, my read on Kuzuryuu is simply "Dude takes himself way too seriously".

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Suzuki Method posted:

Togami certainly seems to be somewhat oblivious to what Monobear is and their situation, however calm and collected. However, Togami could already know what is going on-- and by extension, was maybe even expecting it-- and just hiding it from the rest of the cast while assuming a leader role.

I feel that if he were to tell them right out "Relax, I've played this game before and survived!" it'd go badly for him. Not just because of Monobear, if indeed this one doesn't know Togami isn't in their class, but also because the others would turn on him or see him as a threat.

For those reasons, I am choosing to stick with the assumption that fat Togami is our old friend Togami.

Please remember that Monobear has the ability to erase memories and that all of the students that we know of have had that done prior to being brought to the chosen venue.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
What did other people make of Peko's apparent offer to forcefully silence Kuzuryuu? That was the most interesting bit of the update for me, and it really hasn't been discussed in the wake of Togami's "I used to be like you..." revelation.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
OK, obviously Monobear this time around isn't as smart as Junko had been.

He's blowing his whole load for the first murder.

"If you kill your friend I'll let you off the island and I'll give you your memories back and I'll let you ride a pony and buy you an ice cream cone with a pretty red cherry up at the top. Plus, one of your friends is a traitor."

Seems to be rather... overdoing it on the incentivization front.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Carrasco posted:

Kind of odd that Monobear's not offering any proof. It should be pretty easy. Just point out that they're an inch or two taller than they remember, or that they've gotten a haircut in between their first day of highschool and now, or something.

Better example is Tsumiki. She's a nurse, who treats herself, and is injury-prone. Don't you think she'd have a moment in which she didn't precisely recognize the wounds she was currently sporting, or expected to find some wounds that had already fully healed somewhere along the line?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Falls Down Stairs posted:

Now I'm wondering whether the trials are going to have a space for Monomi. Would be a shame to leave her out!

I would be less than surprised if Monomi were the judge and executioner at the trials. Assuming that they're not controlled by the same person, and even if they are, it wouldn't be too terribly hard to write in her moral outrage that the kids started killing each other which would be offset by Monobear's smugness.

Monomi's justice might be even more heavy handed than Monobear (at least for the first trial) in an effort to shock the kids into never dreaming about hurting one another ever again.

You expect Monobear to crush Togami under the weight of his geneaology records... but you don't expect Monomi to make hamsters eat Gundam from the inside out.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Madarai's sudden desire to choke out Ryouko and break her arms and legs, simply because she made him look a bit foolish (without, apparently, seriously injuring him) is bothersome.

It's an interesting use of dramatic irony- we as the reader feel sorry for Madarai despite his uncontrollable rage, despite the fact that he just wanted to torture our innocent protagonist, because we know, from the first game, that Junko is worse.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Krinkle posted:

But Sonia and Togami are literally tied for 2nd place! Who won!?

My guess would be that he decides to start off the Princess chain, given what he'd posted earlier in the thread about certain free-time events being unavailable if not started early enough in the game. We've already spoken to Togami, so the smart move for the LP (minimize as much replaying as possible for later free-time revelations, maximize the amount of content available in the main playthrough) would be to go make buddies with Sonia.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
This is starting to get comical.

"We don't know who SHSL despair is", and yet every time Junko's name is mentioned any serious-minded student who overhears becomes terrified.

This leads to one of two possible conclusions: Either Naegi et al were just as batshit insane as Junko when viewed over the course of their high school careers; or the administrators knew it was Junko and locked up Yamada and Chihiro so that she'd have someone to torture and kill during her long imprisonment.

It definitely makes the stated goal of "We want to keep hope alive in the world by building an encyclopedia foundation secreting away their best and brightest in the hopes that it might shorten the ensuing dark age" seem a lot less plausible.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Roro posted:

On topic, I wonder if Teruteru cooked Kuzuryuu?

Togami back at his old tricks moved Kuzuryuu's body, which he had found already dead, into Hanamura's meat locker. Disturbed at the lack of fresh meat available from the supermarket, being solely flash-frozen materials.

Hanamura then proceeds to butcher and cook Kuzuryuu to serve to the rest of the crowd.

From here, everyone except Saionji eats their fill of tender babyface meat, and they all catch a form of super-fast anime Kuru and they all go crazy and die.

Saionji, having put the body outside Togami's home so that Togami would move it in order to implicate the pervert, wins the game and leaves the island to be the new queen of despair.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
My money's currently on Akane. She "smelled the blood", including its general direction, and was obviously growing increasingly annoyed with Togami getting between her and the food that she so desperately wanted to eat.

It works without an extra motive.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

Armanky posted:

Don't forget too that there's a gigantic timer ticking down on a suspiciously bomb-like apparatus. That on its own is a pretty good motive to get the hell out ASAP.

It might be a good enough motive to kill for, but it's not a good enough motive fpr the whriters to write about convincingly, especially for the very first case of the game.

Speaking in meta-game terms (which proved fairly inaccurate last time around the DR universe), there has to be some sort of deep personal revelation about either the victim or the killer during and after the trial sequence.

That tends to suggest Nagito, especially given how the weapon was probably staged ahead of time, as he's the only one who might possibly somehow have knowledge of who Byakuya Togami was from his time prior to entering Hope's Peak Academy.

EDIT: Thinking about it, it could just as easily be Kuzuryuu. The Kuzuryuu and Togami families could have had some sort of long-term shadow government vs. criminal underworld feud going on, as Togami made it clear that they were both very heavy hitting groups.

Kytrarewn fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Feb 20, 2013

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

TKMobile posted:

Togami accurately guessed ahead of time that someone would try to kill the lights and then try to kill somebody at the party.

Alternately, Togami orchestrated the lights going out to try to ferret out a potential killer so that the rest of them could keep an eye on him/her (much like what he did with Syo during the first game, if in fact they are the same person). Lights out, put on goggles, sees someone engaging in shenanigans/jumping under the table to grab the knife "Hey you! Stop that" and ends up dying for his trouble.

Trial would amount to Nidai saying "While I was waiting by the crapper, I saw Togami fiddling with the breaker box, so I told Peko/Kuzuryuu/Monomi/whomever..." and that person decides to act upon his inside knowledge.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
So they set the timers on all of the air conditioners, the microwave, the hairdryers, etc all to hit the fuse box at exactly the same time? That's a pretty clever way to fabricate a blackout, and would require some fair bit of technical knowledge.

EDIT: I wish I had the cash on hand to buy Rent an avatar/text with Gundam's description of the fearsome pomeranian.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

DaveWoo posted:

Ooh, good point. Mechanic Dude just jumped up a few notches on the suspect list.

It could also be the photographer gal (knows how to set timers for flash in her photos) or Chiaki (What avid gamer hasn't lost a winning game to the air conditioner firing up at exactly the wrong time and killing the power). Also Hanamura (There ahead of time, set it and forget it).

Nagito was there ahead of time. Saionji seems like the sort who might orchestrate that sort of thing just to watch Mr. Porkfeet poo poo his pants, but obviously he was prepared for the possibility of a power failure.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

slowbeef posted:

The current thread theory is the blackout's caused by blowing a fuse via the air conditioner, which can be set on a timer. So person under the floorboards could've caused the blackout ahead of time.

The question is whether it's likely that the air conditioner alone would blow the fuse? If yes, Nagito is the likely winner. If no, Hanamura is our culprit (for causing the power outage, at least), since he has access to the rest of the power-intensive devices in the lodge (microwave, refrigerator/freezer, oven/stove if electric (Which seems likely on a deserted island, since electricity might be easier to procure than natural gas), etc.

And there's still the slim possibility that Togami caused the blackout intentionally somehow, in the hope that he would be able to see (with his goggles) who would capitalize on the opportunity to try to murder someone, in order to keep a closer eye on them thereafter.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
Ok, it has to be Nagito. Not only is he the only one who would have had the time to set up all of the power surge, but he found and tampered with the irons and was sitting around watching the current time on the party room's ac unit.

The only major downside to the theory is that he wouldn't have been able to reset the circuit breaker after testing the fuses pre-party. Only Nidai is probably that tall?

I suppose that maybe Peko could hit the switch with her non-conducting wooden sword?

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
I still think that Peko is the frontrunner. Whoever set up the power outage probably needed to have the ability to test it ahead of time. That would require flipping the breakers that can't be reached by any of the students.

One of the students has a long wooden non-conductive tool that she was allowed to keep on her person through the whole event, which would easily allow her to reach up and flip the breakers after a cursory power outage prior to the party (after all, we were able to get in there to have a quick chat with Nagito "Sorry, I'm too busy cleaning this place up" in the time period preceeding the party.

The "probably" on having to test the circuits (though some of the people, like Hanamura, might have been able to get a sense for what devices were on which circuits and how much stress they could take, after having dealt with high-current kitchen appliances for his whole life) and the fact that Nagito hasn't mentioned "Oh yeah, there was a power outage a few hours before the party too. Guess this place isn't up to modern standards, eh?" are the two weakest points.

"It couldn't possibly be that easy" isn't much of an argument for the first case in the game.

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.

RefinedUndefined posted:

So it appears that the 'skewer under the floorboards' theory has been disproven, as well as Kuzuryuu being behind it. Aside from that, I'm going to guess that Chiaki is supposed to be the game's equivalent of Kirigiri, judging how rather proactive she is in pursuing leads. Now that letter, who could have sent it, the mastermind, a traitor in SHSL Despair, or, if this Togami is a fake, the real Togami? Also, what do you lot think, did Kuzuryuu want to join the party and just couldn't admit it, or is he telling the truth and just felt like going on a walk?

Not necessarily. They didn't thoroughly check the inside of the building for hidden doors. Nagito just said that it was inaccessible from inside. It would just appear that it's not Kuzuryuu who snuck under the boards to do the stabbing (And we already knew that it wouldn't be, since without entering the building he would have been unable to screw with the irons and air conditioner). Note that Nagito looked uncertain for a second before launching into his trademark easy-going laugh when they discovered that there wasn't a way in from outside.

Then, they promptly walked off to look for something in the cottage rather than redouble their efforts at looking for a passage coming from inside the building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kytrarewn
Jul 15, 2011

Solving mysteries in
Bb, F and D.
If I were, for the sake of argument, Hanamura, and wanted to murder one of the students to get off the island, I don't know that I would necessarily pick and choose anyone in particular, but rather set up a trap that could ensnare any of them.

Set up under the table, kill the power, stab the guy who went for the glow in the dark knife handle.

Remember what else Maizono taught us in the first game. We neither know nor care about these people, and in killing one of them we attempting to kill all of them anyway.

What's the point of an individual motive?

• Locked thread