Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Oh wow, a new class to get attached to and then watch them be killed off one by one! :smith:

Nah, but I'm super pumped for this. Fatogami is the best thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Not sure if I'm going to jump on the "computer simulation" theory just yet, although that opening certainly puts it to mind. This whole setup is pretty much the polar opposite of the games Junko put on, with emphasis on "hope" right off the bat, and with a cast that looks like someone just hit "random" on the character select screen.

Not that I don't love them all already, but it's sort of a weird amalgam of odd, bizarre traits and familiar touches and designs, that kind of reminds me of sort of a preset options selection.

Whether it's a genuine attempt to study these students interactions under different circumstances, programming meant to counteract the Despair show that was going on, or the exact same Despair programming hid under layers of reverse psychology, I have no clue. (but I'll certainly be happy to hop on the crazy train to find out.)

Also, Chef is already the best character. :colbert:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Iunnrais posted:

Would "Glee Club" be a western equivalent to "Light Music Club"?

We had a guitar club at my school, which basically was just five guys that met at one of their houses for a jam session every so often. That's what I immediately thought of. :shobon:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
My favorite part of Nidai's design is how he wears his whistle on a giant gently caress-off chain around his neck.

I'm really liking Kuzuryuu though, hope he softens up to the rest of the cast later on.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
God dammit Hanamura, and here I thought you'd be cool. :cripes:

Count me in as one of the people just waiting for him to get the poo poo beat out of him when he tries to hit on one of the other girls like Pekoyama.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
So I'm guessing that there's not a mole in the students this time around, since last time that was Monobear's insurance to make sure that the games would progress even if everyone was reluctant to start the murders.

Now instead of an insider, we have goddamn mechazord enforcers. :stare:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
I'm not sure if Togami's comments made everything better or worse.

Because, yeah being mindful of your own emotional state and making sure that you don't slip into the kind of despairing panic that Monobear wants is important, but he just instantly made everyone so loving paranoid with each other.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Pester posted:

My eagle-eyed forums buddy Tuxedo Ted pointed out that there are bloody letters flashing behind Nagito for just a moment during the intro video.

...I think Nagito might be in trouble. :tinfoil:

I'm hoping they just paired up the characters with random backgrounds to avoid spoilers, but you never know.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Commandant posted:

Most of the backgrounds seemed appropriate though, Mahiru had photos, Tanaka "I am the dark lord of all evil" Gundam had some pentagrams, Kuzuryuu had a pack of film noir gangsters, they all seemed to be character relevant in some way.

That said I'm concerned for Nagito.

What's with Mikan and the prominent male and female gender symbols then?

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Crepuscule Adepte posted:

I think people are missing the most important thing of all: There is a song titled "Ocean Breeze Dead End". It is amazing music, and I kind of hope the final chapter's named after it.

Yeah, the soundtrack this far is absolutely amazing and I'm currently listening to it on loop. :allears:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
I was going to vote for Gundam and Togami, although there's a lot of characters I really like and would like to get around to talking to. I hope they don't get killed off before we get to know them better. :ohdear:

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

RefinedUndefined posted:

Uh, sorry to break it to you, but the voting is over now.

Heh, yeah I realized that literally two seconds after posting.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
There was a Japanese restaurant in the city where I went to university that had Ramune, I wish I could find it around where I live now. :(

I thought Gundam's over-the-top persona would kind of lose its charm after awhile, but nope I'm still loving him. I would like to keep talking to him in the future because I would like to see if it really is just a well-kept act after all or if he's genuinely serious about it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
That was just.. just... wow. I can't believe I ended up feeling sorry for Hanamura. And I get the feeling Nagito is going to be around for awhile to make matters worse. :negative:

This was definitely far better than the first game's trial, that's for sure, both in terms of emotional impact and complexity of the case.

• Locked thread